FI - How do they feel?

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
I had a Paxton in my 15 auto and a Vortech on my 18 auto. There is no comparison with the 18 vs 15. With the 10 speed that centri feels like it was created for that transmission. If I would do it all over again, I would go with a Whipple for a 15-17 auto. I think the additional boost down low and the mid range is more suited for that auto. With my 10 speed, I would not change it. The car revs so damn fast now and stays in the meat of the power band when shifting to the next gear, that I see no need for more down low.
Sponsored

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Most are going to tell you their set up is the best. Kind of a silly thread TBH.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Most are going to tell you their set up is the best. Kind of a silly thread TBH.
Silly???

Not asking which is better...

How do they feel? What are the differences in power delivery? What does the drive feel like with an automatic?

Do they all work? Yes. Do they feel the same while driving? No. That’s what I want to know. Seat of the pants feel. Wow factor. Which feels faster. Is one better for an auto?

Thanks for your views everyone!

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Silly???

Not asking which is better...

How do they feel? What are the differences in power delivery? What does the drive feel like with an automatic?

Do they all work? Yes. Do they feel the same while driving? No. That’s what I want to know. Seat of the pants feel. Wow factor. Which feels faster. Is one better for an auto?

Thanks for your views everyone!
Aren’t you the guy offering to buy/test a Hellion kit to compare its output vs the Whipple?

I have to imagine that has already happened (months ago) so give us your input and experience with the 2.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In the video, it appears they only swapped the rotor pack and not the intercooler. Did I see that wrong?
Not sure what happened there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Aren’t you the guy offering to buy/test a Hellion kit to compare its output vs the Whipple?

I have to imagine that has already happened (months ago) so give us your input and experience with the 2.
Yes! That’s me! If we’re on the same page. Was going to buy both the Hellion and whichever blower it was and have dyno’s done to confirm the few hundred whp difference of the Hellion over the PD blower. Not sure which one it was though. I thought it was a great proposition...

I wish it happened.

Unfortunately didn’t pan out... so back to the drawing board.

I’m in Ontario so it’s been winter for some time. Haven’t been able to do much. Even posted up in the Florida section to go for a spin in an FI car when I was there for Christmas and New Years but sadly no takers.

Every time I get my heart set on one, I read something else and change my mind...

There’s really no bad options out there which complicates things.

They will all go as fast as I need to. But which will feel “better”?

This is not a “which one is best” thread. It’s subjective on how they feel and the Driver’s perception.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes! That’s me! If we’re on the same page. Was going to buy both the Hellion and whichever blower it was and have dyno’s done to confirm the few hundred whp difference of the Hellion over the PD blower. Not sure which one it was though. I thought it was a great proposition...

I wish it happened.

Unfortunately didn’t pan out... so back to the drawing board.

I’m in Ontario so it’s been winter for some time. Haven’t been able to do much. Even posted up in the Florida section to go for a spin in an FI car when I was there for Christmas and New Years but sadly no takers.

Every time I get my heart set on one, I read something else and change my mind...

There’s really no bad options out there which complicates things.

They will all go as fast as I need to. But which will feel “better”?

This is not a “which one is best” thread. It’s subjective on how they feel and the Driver’s perception.
What exactly are you aiming for?
What driving experience is most appealing to you?

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Not boring lol

It’s a fully optioned heavy automatic convertible. Street car. I like my creature comforts. I want it to feel like a beast. Getting an HP number or time slip aren’t the goals. Sure, it has to do that, but it has feel like it...

Make any sense at all? After I reread it, it even confused me.

Fastest I’ve been is 10.01 at 142 in a stick in a fox body with a Vortech years ago. That was too wild of a ride and too far off the deep end comfort wise. I’m old now.

So something in between the two stock 16 auto and temperamental obnoxious fox body.

Now I’m even more confused...

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Whipple best power out the box. on pump gas 91 it was fun fun fun street light to street light was the best. And on E85 omg just wants to keep going.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It's a GT500. The Whipple and the VMP head units use the stock GT 500 intercooler.
Ok. Makes sense. Do the S550 VMP and Whipple use the same ones as well or both different? It looked real easy for the video guy to just change out the rotor pack.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. Makes sense. Do the S550 VMP and Whipple use the same ones as well or both different? It looked real easy for the video guy to just change out the rotor pack.
Nope.
Lower manifold isn’t compatible for a starter.
I’ve looked into it a little bit already.
My plan was to use the stuff I already have, swap the lower mani, blower, adapt the Whipple TB, custom fab airbox and tube, swap out the fuel rails etc etc.
It’s not impossible but it’s reasonably complicated and probably not very cost-effective

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
if you had an 18 auto id say centri as someone else mentioned. If money isn't a problem twins are the best hands down. I think whipple is probably the best middle ground and should satisfy you. I own a MT-82 Paxton car and love it however if I had the extra cash I would have went turbo for sure, being in south florida I didn't know about the whipple because after having a zo6 which comes with a PD blower and seeing how bad that car suffered in the heat (which is literally 95% of the time in Miami) I didn't wanna chance it with the whipple although ive heard they are much better now with the new design. seeing as you are in Ontario id just go whipple unless you have plenty of funds for a hellion kit or another reputable brand so you don't end up with ebay turbos.