Sponsored

Exhaust Installation in Northern Virginia

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If todays shops are getting $5-700.00 for front brake jobs these days. I'd say that cost is in line. Almost every quote you get these days is roughly 1000.00 for any major work. If you are paying anyone to do anything, consider that you'll have to pay a premium when getting the work done. Plus, some shops charge more when you bring in the parts, since they are losing the "list" price that has their additional margin included in the total cost.

If you trust their work, than it's worth the cost. Someone elses 700.00 bill could cost you in the end when there is no installation warranty with supplied parts.

Responding to the wrong thread?
Sponsored

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
You can have the wheels/tires shipped directly to our shop to save you some hassle. It would be great to do everything at once so you can get the alignment done and have everything perfect when you leave.
@Grimace427 just coming across this thread, looking to get Steeda camber plates installed on my GT PP. (also need new tires mounted and balanced). No time to do myself before next track day.

How long do you think it would take your shop to do the camber plates?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
@Grimace427 just coming across this thread, looking to get Steeda camber plates installed on my GT PP. (also need new tires mounted and balanced). No time to do myself before next track day.

How long do you think it would take your shop to do the camber plates?

To install would be about two hours, then of course getting an alignment after would be about another hour depending on the shop's current work load. Tire mount and balance is about an hour. You can call to get an accurate quote, (571)-261-9860.

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
To install would be about two hours, then of course getting an alignment after would be about another hour depending on the shop's current work load. Tire mount and balance is about an hour. You can call to get an accurate quote, (571)-261-9860.
Great, I'll call to get an accurate quote. Thank you sir!

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
@Grimace427 A friend of mine suggested going to a tire 1.5" smaller in diameter than stock would not be good for the differential and rear suspension. (i.e. I'm going from 275/40/19 to 305/30/19 on the rear.

Do you think this will be an issue?

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
@Grimace427 A friend of mine suggested going to a tire 1.5" smaller in diameter than stock would not be good for the differential and rear suspension. (i.e. I'm going from 275/40/19 to 305/30/19 on the rear.

Do you think this will be an issue?
I'm not sure what issue your friend is suggesting? The differential doesn't care your tire diameter unless they are different side to side. 305/30/19 will definitely shorten your effective gear ratio if that is a concern. I just installed 305/35/19 tires all the way around on another local forum member's car and they tuned out great.

priyash92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Reviving a 4 month old thread. Any recommendations for doing a simple Boral ATAK - Axle back installation for 2017 Mustang. I m in Nova and whatever I have received are vague responses or $300 quotes (which is absurd).

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
My shop is in Gainesville, does your axle back require cutting the pipes? Haven't done a V6 exhaust but the ecoboost and Coyote require cutting for the axle backs. I always prefer a catback which is a bolt-on install.

priyash92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
My shop is in Gainesville, does your axle back require cutting the pipes? Haven't done a V6 exhaust but the ecoboost and Coyote require cutting for the axle backs. I always prefer a catback which is a bolt-on install.
Yes, Its a very similar setup to an ecoboost and does require cutting. I m not really looking for performance gains (if there are any) with catbacks and hence getting an axleback would save on some dough.

Any thoughts around this ?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Yes, Its a very similar setup to an ecoboost and does require cutting. I m not really looking for performance gains (if there are any) with catbacks and hence getting an axleback would save on some dough.

Any thoughts around this ?

I'll need to check if we have a pipe cutter. My coworker has a sawzall but last time we used it a blade snapped and IIRC messed up the tool a little bit.
Sponsored