So much for the claims that it would.

No matter, still keeping what I have.
Sponsored

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Buy the 18 and drive it like you stole it. Manual or A10 it's awesome. Don't read the TSB/Issue sub forum either, it's overblown and will cause you to second guess the car hunting for problems. The car is perfect for what it is. Send it!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Do not forget that 18+ is mixed direct/port injection. Someone has already posted pictures of pretty badly carbon covered valves here at the forum. That will redice horsepower unless you regularly walnut blast, and that is not cheap.
Walnut blasting the pistons and heads?

Huh? ummm Explain what Ford dealer do I go to and ask them to walnut blast my 2018?

Id be laughed out of every single Ford service dept. in the country.

Clearly you got something mixed up here.......

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Huh? ummm Explain what Ford dealer do I go to and ask them to walnut blast my 2018?

I heard if you bring sliced walnuts it's cheaper, lol.

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
LOL but what if I bought a $500 dollar Honda and over nighted parts from Japan?

The whole bang for buck argument is comical.

SMFH!!
Not sure what is so funny...

"Bang for buck" is important to people who don't want to spend crazy amounts of money on their car. For example, I can take the $10-$15k that I saved by not buying an '18 and put it towards a down payment on an investment property. I'm sure it's a fantastic car, but for me personally it doesn't warrant the extra money. For those that have plenty of money and can afford it, go right ahead. All I am saying is that value for money matters to a LOT of people, so saying it is a "comical argument" is ridiculous.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now

"Bang for buck" is important to people who don't want to spend crazy amounts of money on their car. For example, I can take the $10-$15k that I saved by not buying an '18 and put it towards a down payment on an investment property. I'm sure it's a fantastic car, but for me personally it doesn't warrant the extra money. For those that have plenty of money and can afford it, go right ahead. All I am saying is that value for money matters to a LOT of people, so saying it is a "comical argument" is ridiculous.

So would I be better off buying a 1990 fox body and putting an LS in it if i wanna go fast?

Gee think of all the thousands of dollars Id save!!!

Thats exactly what im talking about where do you draw the line? The 15-17 crowd keep screaming BUT! BUT! BUTT!!!!!!!!! Bang for buck blah blah.

Um this was about modded 15-17 vs 2018+

When did cost become an issue?

IF cost is an issue.....

Step 1.

Dont buy a new car!

Step 2.

Dont mod a new car and cry its expensive!!!

But but but bang for buck is hilarious.

Go buy a damn fox body and stuff a junkyard LS in it of COST is your #1 issue.

Dang some of you people.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with gen2 cars I had a 2016.

But to some of you people wondering geee but an older used car is better bang for buck.

Well no shit braniacs its used and older and more parts readily available and abundant!

NEW
CHEAP
FAST

you only get to pick 2 of the 3 as I mentioned earlier.

Now explain to me what for dealerships do this nut blasting....... LOL!!

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So would I be better off buying a 1990 fox body and putting an LS in it if i wanna go fast?

Gee think of all the thousands of dollars Id save!!!

Thats exactly what im talking about where do you draw the line? The 15-17 crowd keep screaming BUT! BUT! BUTT!!!!!!!!! Bang for buck blah blah.

Um this was about modded 15-17 vs 2018+

When did cost become an issue?

IF cost is an issue.....

Step 1.

Dont buy a new car!

Step 2.

Dont mod a new car and cry its expensive!!!

But but but bang for buck is hilarious.

Go buy a damn fox body and stuff a junkyard LS in it of COST is your #1 issue.

Dang some of you people.

Im not saying there is anything wrong with gen2 cars I had a 2016.

But to some of you people wondering geee but an older used car is better bang for buck.

Well no shit braniacs its used and older and more parts readily available and abundant!

NEW
CHEAP
FAST

you only get to pick 2 of the 3 as I mentioned earlier.

Now explain to me what for dealerships do this nut blasting....... LOL!!
Let me preface this (again) by saying buy whatever you want, I'm not saying one or the other is the better choice for the OP in particular. If money isn't a big factor, thats great.
BUT:

Some (sorry, MOST) people care about more things in life than just going faster than someone else. And for most people "VALUE FOR MONEY" is a very important factor when buying a car.
And thus, your claim of "value for money being a comical argument" is just obscene. Maybe it isn't a factor for you, but it is for most, and I'm just letting you know that there are more people in the world than just yourself. Might want to open your eyes.

7YearAscent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Well that's a bit of a stretch. If I could have found a low mileage '17 with 301A (not an option) and active exhaust (also not an option) for $17k-$22k, I'd be in a 2017 right now. Even without those options, good luck finding a low mileage GT at that price.

DJRoy28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well that's a bit of a stretch. If I could have found a low mileage '17 with 301A (not an option) and active exhaust (also not an option) for $17k-$22k, I'd be in a 2017 right now. Even without those options, good luck finding a low mileage GT at that price.

Yeah I was just thinking about my case where it was a fully loaded '15 GT with 12k miles for $28k versus a new 2018.
Regardless, my only point was that value for money is a consideration for most people. I'm sure the 2018 is a fantastic car and is worth the money if you are willing/able to spend it.

Sponsored

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Some of the responses in this thread wreak of the purchase confirmation bias.
And some reek of jealousy, ignorance and misinformation.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
For the amount of money I spent on my loaded '17, I spent the difference on mods to make it better. Paint film, coating, tint, bolt ons, etc and I still don't think I've come close to the difference in price because the 2018 in the same spec was 48k with hardly any discounts for a while.

It was a no brainer for me. With enough money, any car will be faster regardless of your Gen2 or Gen3.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I have concluded a 15-17 is not worth getting, even tuned. The expense to make it a bolt on to get what the 18-19 has is a waste of money. I will drive an auto just to check out the 10 speed, but rowing the gears is part of the fun. Been in a manual for 30+ years,
Performance wise 18-19 is a big upgrade regardless of transmission.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

Ahem... or.... maybe you could just google for "Walnut blasting" ?