Sponsored

Cpe or ATM intercoowith Ford Performance tune?

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP Ruby Red
Found a pretty good deal on the FP tune and I'd like to add an intercooler at the same time. These will be my first mods. CJponyparts has Cpe on sale for $370 before shipping and ATM is selling blem intercoolers for $569 with free shipping. My Ecoboost only has 20k miles so I don't want to do anything crazy to void my warranty. Which do you think I should go with? I really like the ATM but it is a $200 difference and I'm not sure how I feel about removing bumper and shutters with my warranty still intact. I heard the Cpe is the biggest intercooler you can install with stock fit and has good reviews. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
If you want to keep the warranty as much as possible, go with CPE. The ATM is cool and all, but you will not be feeling the difference on the street. I have the MAP street, which is pretty much the same size as CPE, and I kept the grill shutters and was able to install without removing the bumper. The results are night and day compared to stock.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Found a pretty good deal on the FP tune and I'd like to add an intercooler at the same time. These will be my first mods. CJponyparts has Cpe on sale for $370 before shipping and ATM is selling blem intercoolers for $569 with free shipping. My Ecoboost only has 20k miles so I don't want to do anything crazy to void my warranty. Which do you think I should go with? I really like the ATM but it is a $200 difference and I'm not sure how I feel about removing bumper and shutters with my warranty still intact. I heard the Cpe is the biggest intercooler you can install with stock fit and has good reviews. Any thoughts?
Also keep in mind the fp warranty that you get for using their performance pack only lasts until the car is 3 years old or has 36k on the odo. Does not go off purchase date of the tune.

BigBootyJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 w/ AT | Oxford White w/ Black Accent Package
I went with the ATM intercooler solely because I wanted a black race intercooler. No regrets, it looks fantastic. It does require a little more work to install vs a true stock location replacement intercooler. I did the shutter delete while I was at it.

boostaddict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium 6MT
ATM - done

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
ATM - done
Every replacement FMIC has the same chance of voiding your warranty, they're all 100% non-factory. But the chances of any FMIC causing a warranty claim to be denied is low. I also went ATM partly because I wanted a black FMIC, but also because everything I've seen put it among the very best of the full size ones. I also painted the radiator black and installed new grilles when I installed to keep more of a blacked out look on the front end.

Photo Feb 02, 4 02 54 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 4 40 42 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 02, 11 13 09 PM.jpg
Photo Feb 04, 10 22 46 AM.jpg

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Every replacement FMIC has the same chance of voiding your warranty, they're all 100% non-factory. But the chances of any FMIC causing a warranty claim to be denied is low. I also went ATM partly because I wanted a black FMIC, but also because everything I've seen put it among the very best of the full size ones. I also painted the radiator black and installed new grilles when I installed to keep more of a blacked out look on the front end.

Badass.

Hawkspring

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 2017F450
The ATM is the larger more efficient intercooler, that’s the primary concern. Spend once, cry once. Warranty issues are low risk for this mod.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I've been looking at the Garrett IC for the nearly direct replacement of the stock IC, but the ATM blem price is the same as the Garrett and the performance of the ATM looks fantastic. I think the Garrett is also good, so I'm kind of at a tossup. I think ATM may get the nod as larger and black...

Sponsored
OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
I've been looking at the Garrett IC for the nearly direct replacement of the stock IC, but the ATM blem price is the same as the Garrett and the performance of the ATM looks fantastic. I think the Garrett is also good, so I'm kind of at a tossup. I think ATM may get the nod as larger and black...
I feel you my intercooler predicament buddy.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I feel you my intercooler predicament buddy.
Reading a bit more on the ATM now, and I like the rounded tube ends of the ATM. I don't know what the Garrett has, will have to see if I can find a photo of the tubes somewhere. If the efficiency is really as high as ATM claims, I suspect it will make up for the larger volume.

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
Reading a bit more on the ATM now, and I like the rounded tube ends of the ATM. I don't know what the Garrett has, will have to see if I can find a photo of the tubes somewhere. If the efficiency is really as high as ATM claims, I suspect it will make up for the larger volume.
From what I've read, especially from member TheLion, the ATM cooler is as big as a "race" cooler but you don't experience the loss of pressures and lag like some of the bigger ones due to the stock turbo being too small to handle the capacity. He had a good post on comparison versus the Levels IC and it outperformed it. Sounds like the perfect fit that will still work well with the FP tune but is future proof if you go with a different tune down the road.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

More photos of your car please

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
More photos of your car please
Agreed - that Velocity Blue EBPP is a beauty! Makes me think about putting my black PP wheels back on sooner than later...
Sponsored