1st/2nd gear rattle noise 2-6 MPHs GTPP

Ibleedblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Laz
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 manual 6sp
I have the same issue only when the car is in gear especially during deceleration in low rpms between 20-0mph but when I give it even the slightest throttle it goes away. Super annoying when I’m coming to a stop or turn in 2nd gear right at 15 mph the rattle starts and ends in few seconds.
I tried posting a video but it won’t allow me because the file is too large for a 23 second clip.
Sponsored

Santnak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT premium 2017 manual
FYI since my last post/video, Ford opened 2 times my gearbox found nothing but replaced some shaft and synchros, after that replaced my shifter assy, and then replaced the whole gearbox by a new one.
And this issue is still here...!
It's clearly a NOT normal noise, but don't worry at least it's not the transmission!
Ktodd1989 told me to take a look closer the exhaust system/catalyst/resonator, he had the same issue...

I had an appointment next monday at another (again) Ford dealer, I hope this time they will fix this rattle! I send my car every month since last July to fix this, it's time consuming, but don't give up.

For sending you video, put it on youtube, and then send it here with your youtube link. ;)

Santnak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update about this issue, after the whole gearbox and shifter assy, the RH catalyst assy was replaced by Ford yesterday. Rattles still there...

Ibleedblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Laz
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 manual 6sp
My car is at ford right now I dropped it off last week (02/13) & took one of the techs for
a drive so he can hear it himself. They finally got back to me and stated that after inspecting the transmission and rear end they finally decided it was the resonator in the exhaust system causing the mysterious rattle. There replacing it but I have yet to get the car back. I’ll Update you guys when I get my car back.

Santnak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys, just to put an update, after 10 month, around 12 rdv at some Ford dealership, I still stuck with an issue with my transmission, Ford replaced RH catalyst, engine mount, transmission mount... it's really incredible!
This is a small video took today on a lift (at a small independant shop).. it's clearly inside the transmission... Someone had or have a mustang GT MT82 with this issue?!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra