Sponsored

Whipple folks, need some advice.

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
So im leaving the current Procharger setup im running and moving into an earlier gen Whipple 2.9 setup. Kit comes complete from what im told, but im curious what parts much like my early procharger setup have been updated. I opened a ticket to Whipple but no responses yet. Anything else I should look for prior to install? Id rather refresh new tensioners, etc if I can prior to dropping it off for install. Looking to run conservative for a while.
Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Off topic, but what made you decide to ditch the procharger for whipple? Just curious, I have a whipple (gen 5 though), so it's always interesting to hear people's reasons for switching.

baevid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I believe it's just updated rotors and housing... everything else in the kit should be the same.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Let me know when you get rid of your Procharger setup.

On another note, what is the longevity of these? Have people run them for 100K miles without issues?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Off topic, but what made you decide to ditch the procharger for whipple? Just curious, I have a whipple (gen 5 though), so it's always interesting to hear people's reasons for switching.
Just ready for a change, I had a Novi2200 on a previous car and the PC on this one for about 4 years, loved Centris and their power delivery is just what I preffered. But Ive gotten bored of my setup after so many years and I got a great deal on the new setup so I thought why not. Ultimately, my move is to step into a 2014+ Viper and run a PC.

I believe it's just updated rotors and housing... everything else in the kit should be the same.
Good info, thank you.

Let me know when you get rid of your Procharger setup.

On another note, what is the longevity of these? Have people run them for 100K miles without issues?
Its already spoken for lol I changed my fluids in the Procharger every 3k miles. Never had problems with the setup. Lots of roll racing and road course driving on it. Put the system on around 6k miles, my car is at 29k
Sponsored