IL Firearm Owners...Emergency!

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you're a gun owner and haven't heard, we're under attack from the biggest threat I've encountered since living here. The state has introduced the most extreme gun bills ever and IL State Senator Julie Morrison has introduced Bill 107 that would all but ban anything you know of as a semi auto weapon. Look into the IL state rifle association and start writing those letters to your representatives. That's all I'm doing this week. There was a petition floating around somewhere as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Democrats led ?
Gun control is a globalized effort by the globalist. They will keep pecking away until all guns will be required to be locked at a gun club with no ammo.

I wish your state well but if Democrats are in charge you don't have a chance, Democrats could care less how you feel, and always go party line which is globalistic.

Its for the children, you have the police to call etc... Just call 911 a policeman will pop out of your closet and save the day.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Today it's banning guns, tomorrow it's banning knives, next week its banning cars, next year it's banning baseball bats, then sticks, then stones, then bricks, and so forth.

Watch Hunger Games. Your alt left wants a structure just like that. Everyone catering to the Capitol while they live in the lap of luxury as entitled elites.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
You live in the Peoples Republic of Illinois....what do you expect? Don't get me wrong I lived there for 20yrs Jr High/High School and beyond...but you could NOT pay me enough to move back.

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I was an Illinois resident but in the military.

We just moved out of Hawaii because of the nanny state and gun laws. I wouldn't dare move back to the shit hole Illinois either.

Now a GA resident.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Today it's banning guns, tomorrow it's banning knives, next week its banning cars, next year it's banning baseball bats, then sticks, then stones, then bricks, and so forth.

Watch Hunger Games. Your alt left wants a structure just like that. Everyone catering to the Capitol while they live in the lap of luxury as entitled elites.

I wonder what would happen if Congress tried to ban alcohol again.

Last edited:

Coyotestang13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 5.0 MT82 3.73
If you're a gun owner and haven't heard, we're under attack from the biggest threat I've encountered since living here. The state has introduced the most extreme gun bills ever and IL State Senator Julie Morrison has introduced Bill 107 that would all but ban anything you know of as a semi auto weapon. Look into the IL state rifle association and start writing those letters to your representatives. That's all I'm doing this week. There was a petition floating around somewhere as well.
Time for me to finally purchase before this nonsense kicks in. Had my Foid card for years but never felt the need to purchase. Hopefully the law doesn't include mandatory turn in. I'll only do that if the politicians and celebrities and their bodyguards turn their guns in.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So the way I interpret the current bill is that any existing owners can keep what they have, but must register it. Both of which (registering and confiscating) are darn near, dare I say, impossible to enforce. I heard/read another state (Vermont maybe; not sure) recently passed some type of mandatory registration bill and the extreme low numbers of people that complied was downright comical. This bill is on crack though. It's too extreme even for most Dems. I know I have in my signature that I'm in St Louis, but I actually live just across the river in IL. I work in MO, kids go to school in MO, no family or ties to the area. In all seriousness, any version of this bill passes and I'm out! I know I'm in a luckier, more manageable situation that most of my other resident friends, but this state is ridiculous. I may very likely move anyways. This was just a catalyst for me; taxes and everything else are insane. Honestly don't have a clue why I've stayed this long.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.