Hellion Street Sleeper turbo kit install pics and review

CharlieB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just wanted to post the final results. I was able to get stock cams re-installed and along with some PAC 1234X springs for good measure because i was already there.

Hit the dyno this past Friday and made 1032hp on 16 psi. The car was loving it and probably could have turned it up a little more but i was feeling very anxious on every pull to say the least haha. Anyways more than happy and hit my goal of 1k hp on stock motor and car feels crazy fast. Hellion in my opinion has made an awesome kit and would recommend it to anyone that wants to boost their S550:muscle:

Special Thanks to Jeff at Hellhorse performance for the support on parts and Rob from PBD for the excellent tuning.

GsoNpm.png

Great info and great pictures / video!!! I just purchased the hellion sleeper kit and actually bought the eboost2 controller, but canceled that part of the order when I saw the gforce2 setup that you have. What are you running for the duty cycle, gain, and sensitivity for the gforce2 boost controller?
Sponsored

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@CharlieB Awesome ! You won't regret it, Hellion kit is great. GFB boost controller has been super easy to install and setup and does a perfect job controlling boost.

For my street setting of about 12 psi i run 45 duty cycle with 7.5lb wastegate springs and 60 duty on high boost of like 15-16. Gain is at 65 and sensitivity at 80.

Last edited:

CharlieB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
@CharlieB Awesome ! You won't regret it, Hellion kit is great. GFB boost controller has been super easy to install and setup and does a perfect job controlling boost.

For my street setting of about 12 psi i run 45 duty cycle with 7.5lb wastegate springs and 60 duty on high boost of like 15-16. Gain is at 65 and sensitivity at 80.
Thanks!

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did you have any fitment issues with the charge tube and the 2018 intake? Mine seems like it wants to hit the hood and the radiator bracket. Was the 90 you got with the kit to connect the charge pipe to the intercooler the same length on both sides?

OP
OP
NightParade

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@kcc0521 Yeah i had that same thing happen, the charge pipe kind of got rubbed from the hood and i removed my driverside radiator bracket to fit better. I think it is because of the angle of 18 manifold possibly. The 90 degree couplers were the same.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
@kcc0521 Yeah i had that same thing happen, the charge pipe kind of got rubbed from the hood and i removed my driverside radiator bracket to fit better. I think it is because of the angle of 18 manifold possibly. The 90 degree couplers were the same.
I wonder if they give a different tube for the 18-19 cars to help with this.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Did you have any fitment issues with the charge tube and the 2018 intake? Mine seems like it wants to hit the hood and the radiator bracket. Was the 90 you got with the kit to connect the charge pipe to the intercooler the same length on both sides?
Same problem here with my GT350 manifold. Upper intercooler pipe touches the hood as well as the radiator support :(

No solution in sight.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Same problem here with my GT350 manifold. Upper intercooler pipe touches the hood as well as the radiator support :(

No solution in sight.
Hey guys,

We use a 45 degree hose and a slightly different intake tube for 2018 intakes. Here is an image.
114_0802 (640x480).jpg

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Hey guys,

We use a 45 degree hose and a slightly different intake tube for 2018 intakes. Here is an image.
114_0802 (640x480).jpg
Hm I wasn't even expecting you guys to have a solution since it isn't your fault lol.

Will just swapping the coupler work for the GT350 manifold (plus stock throttle body and adapter)?

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Can you take a picture of your oil pump belt from above. Mine is riding really close to the triangle plate and I am curious if I have something wrong. Seems like they would have moved the crank pulley in a 1/2" or so to make the belt ride in the middle of the pulley.

Sponsored

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can you take a picture of your oil pump belt from above. Mine is riding really close to the triangle plate and I am curious if I have something wrong. Seems like they would have moved the crank pulley in a 1/2" or so to make the belt ride in the middle of the pulley.

Hello. The belt rides close to the plate and is normal. The pulley is wide to insure contact, and the belt is not needed to be in the middle of the pulley.

Team Hellion

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hm I wasn't even expecting you guys to have a solution since it isn't your fault lol.

Will just swapping the coupler work for the GT350 manifold (plus stock throttle body and adapter)?
It definitely wouldn't hurt. The hose we use is a 45 degree 3.5" part.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

CharlieB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hey guys just wanted to share a few pics and a quick general review of the Hellion street sleeper kit i just installed on my car in case some are thinking about purchasing it. Not sponsored by anyone i paid for it out of my own pocket haha, will give a shout out to my boy Jeff Grey at hellhorseperformance.com though he is a great vendor and whom i purchased the kit from and have gotten lots of other goodies through for my stang. I was previously Procharged since April earlier in the year and enjoyed it very much but have always been a turbo guy at heart with previous cars I've owned and always thought about doing a twin turbo setup one day. So when i saw the new kit from hellion and that it was an affordable option without a crazy wait time i jumped at the opportunity to change up my method of boost delivery. I know there are other turbo kits out there and some perform really well but i also like to look at the overall kit and how it flows aesthetically with the car as well, i didn't want a weird looking goofy intercooler or something that looks out of place. I think the top mounted Hellion kit for the S550 is one of the cleanest on the market and this bottom mount one is no exception.

I already have a fore dual pump return fuel system along with ID1000 injectors installed with my procharger and previously tuned by Rob at PBD. So with my street sleeper kit all i opted for was just the blackout package and the precision 6266 turbos which are beauties btw. Once the order was placed i received the inter-cooler core drop shipped in about a weeks time, then a few days later the turbos arrived from Precision, and then about a week after that the rest of the full kit came from in from Hellion so little less than 3 weeks total.

With that being said the packaging from Hellion was top notch, every little part, nut, bolt, washer was labeled and individually wrapped in its own plastic sleeve so that was a pleasant surprise that made the install process much easier and go smoothly. Also they include a CD rom with step by step instructions. The only part with the instructions is they could have been a little more descriptive on some steps but overall with any mechanical skill shouldn't be to difficult to follow. I was able to install the kit in my garage on jack stands, just working on it a few hours after work in the evening for about a week straight. I would say the whole process is about a 10-12 hour job once stock headers are back in place. Overall the kit is veryyyyy well thought out and engineered in my opinion and tucks up nicely. My car is pretty low on coilovers and 30 series 19" tires and i think it should be fine still. The intercooler black powdercoat is smooth and seems very thick and durable. One of my favorite things that i originally did not know before purchasing is the scavenge pump for the oil return is actually mechanically driven and sits on a bracket in front of the motor and driven by the crank pulling the oil back up from the small tank the turbos drain into that is bolted right under transmission, pretty slick setup. All the piping is stainless and welded up very well. Everything fit together and went together with no surprises.

Loaded up the base tune from Rob last night and got the car started up with everything looking good and functioning how it is intended with no leaks! Will be installing the rest of my exhaust today and go for a test drive and probably hit the dyno in a week or so and can post the results then. So here are some pictures, thanks!

dV2GFP.jpg

Y8jg22.jpg

jABaj3.jpg

H0cK2W.jpg

SGjUeZ.jpg

ufxGi3.jpg

RfFj3L.jpg

rpOt8K.jpg

peTd7I.jpg

znE35R.jpg

YrroMC.jpg

MAsVv7.jpg

hxw2Xp.jpg

eKgvvc.jpg

E3JfKT.jpg

U67Uee.jpg

aSAMBZ.jpg

PrUU54.jpg
Did you pay extra for the black intercooler?
Sponsored