Ford Racing ProCal Tune

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Took the car for another spin last night to put more miles on the tune and the CEL was gone so all good on that front. Before that, I did try to check the codes with the ProCal but I didn't see any where to check it in the tabs even though the instructions say that it's possible, maybe for an older version perhaps? Yes I did have my laptop connected to my car and my home WiFi when I tried this. The tabs I see are Instructions which it defaults to when I open the program, Program, Download, Record and Analyze. Speaking of the record function, has anyone used it? Are longer cables using the kind of connector that connects to the dongle still available? It seems that the only safe places to put a laptop in the car to record would be either behind the driver's seat or the passenger's seat requiring a longer cable to route it out of the way. I'd be wary of knocking the cable out of the dongle while using the Record function.
Sponsored

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
There is no upgraded version of the tune for 15-17. There is an upgraded version of the pro cal software which i believe current is 3.8.

Sponsored

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
There was a revision that was done approx 1 year ago to address a few small driveability concerns. If your kit was installed less than a year ago, you have the latest tune.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
My experience so far with regard to the noise is that there doesn't seem to be any. I can just barely hear anything different and the intake is an open design. By comparison, when I was looking to buy my car there was another Ecoboost coupe with an closed box Airaid intake and driving that thing had an obnoxiously loud PSSHHH. That turned me off to that particular car. Or was the PSSHHH from something else?

TurboStang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost MT, PP, 101A, Spoiler Delete
Chatted with FRPP today regarding 2018 calibration pack. My question was
"Hi, I hear you guys are waiting on CARB approval of the 2018 Ecoboost Mustang tune, but I’m wondering what type of air intake, if any, is going to be offered with the tune? Thanks, Frank"
They said they are not sure about the intake because it's based on what passes CARB, so they do not have a specific type , if any, intake info for now.

ALSO, the 2018 tune is out for the Focus ST
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-14204-FSTA

Maybe this is a sign that 2018 Mustang tune is getting closer to a release date.

Skymack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ecoboost premium w/50th anniv. pkg, '04 Mach 1
After doing a lot of research on the procal tune I'm still confused for what to do when actually getting the tune installed. I know you should keep a file of the stock tune but how do you do that? Some people say to have the dealership use your own laptop but others say they won't allow you to. People are saying to download the Procal software to your personal computer but several people have said it gives an error message saying the download code has already been used. So can anyone explain exactly how I should go about having the tune installed so I can have a copy of the stock tune myself?

Thanks!

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Chatted with FRPP today regarding 2018 calibration pack. My question was
"Hi, I hear you guys are waiting on CARB approval of the 2018 Ecoboost Mustang tune, but I’m wondering what type of air intake, if any, is going to be offered with the tune? Thanks, Frank"
They said they are not sure about the intake because it's based on what passes CARB, so they do not have a specific type , if any, intake info for now.

ALSO, the 2018 tune is out for the Focus ST
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-14204-FSTA

Maybe this is a sign that 2018 Mustang tune is getting closer to a release date.

+90 lb-ft @ 2800rpm... that's real world useful right there.

Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
After doing a lot of research on the procal tune I'm still confused for what to do when actually getting the tune installed. I know you should keep a file of the stock tune but how do you do that? Some people say to have the dealership use your own laptop but others say they won't allow you to. People are saying to download the Procal software to your personal computer but several people have said it gives an error message saying the download code has already been used. So can anyone explain exactly how I should go about having the tune installed so I can have a copy of the stock tune myself?

Thanks!
When you download the tune then flash the PCU, your stock tune gets saved onto the FP tune file. So when you need to go back to stock, just use the procal software to restore the file. Use your own laptop so that you have this saved file. If you have a dealer do it, make sure you obtain at the very least that file. You can always download the software at a later time. What I did was take my laptop with the software and tune loaded onto it to my local shop and they installed the intake and tune. The tune literally takes 2 clicks of a button but for some reason FP wants a shop to do it lol for warranty purposes.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Looks like the air box didn't pass carb? Or maybe they plan to offer a few packages, hopefully the case. No hp/torque gains posted...

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
FP Chat said that the previous GT350 air box doesn’t fit the 18+ cars, so no box in this kit. Fine with me, but a $400 MSRP would feel nicer to my wallet...
Sponsored