Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT, PP1, MT82, 401a, Magneride - 4 days first impressions

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Maybe the PP1 needs Magnaride bc of the suspension.

My base GT on 19s rides so smooth, I’d never take advantage of MR.
Kind of a moot point, as you can't get MR without PP1 or PP2.
Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Solid review.

Fellow 19 PP1 MT82 Magnetic owner here. I have the 400A though. I debated on getting the digital dash and magneride but decided against it at the end. Mainly because this car was exactly what I wanted and on the lot and I got a good deal.

B&O was one of my must haves. I need a good sounding system. As were the 3:73’s.

I just hit 5000 miles on mine. I haven’t power shifted it yet surprisingly but I’ve driven it hard. I don’t recall the buzzing noise but maybe this weekend I’ll power shift and see if I hear it.

My major dislike? The clutch feel. Even with the Steeda spring in it...I wish there was a way to change out the clutch for an adjustable one like the older Mustangs had. I like a heavy clutch with the release point closer to the floor rather than the light feel and mid way release on this one.

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
Please post a picture of your new Mustang GT. I test drove PP1 with magneride with a PP1 without. Both manual transmissions. I would never buy a Mustang without magneride. Very nice setup. Sounds like you have a lovely car. Enjoy!
Did someone say photo?
83CE473E-D3AC-42EF-99F5-ECC6BB3741F5.jpeg

41A06C81-F663-4963-AA4C-C120759373CD.jpeg

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do let me know if you hear that buzz/grind/ratchet noise when shifting above 4K rpm. When I said “power shifting”, the noise happens in my car above 4K if I’m a little slow with releasing the clutch pedal and give it the gas too soon before having the clutch pedal fully released. In other words, i’m not constantly flooring it and popping the clutch. Maybe “power shift” was an incorrect term. Noise happens when accelerating and giving it some gas above 4K and letting the clutch slip some on the pedal release.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
When I worked in Dearborn I often participated in HMI (human machine interface) driver clinics, where they have you go through various types of tests of the infotainment, driver controls, HVAC controls etc., and rate them and provide comments. This was both for their own and competitor products. I provided a lot of constructive feedback and often the engineers I spoke with agreed with me. Unfortunately, they too get overruled by the styling dept/studio and this stupid thing called Ford DNA. My biggest complaint with the premium Mustang interior, for instance, was that you were forced to go into the touchscreen menus to adjust the blower location (face, feet, both), but meanwhile, it has redundant and useless buttons for: A/C, Mac A/C, Defrost and Max Defrost. Two of those are not needed and could easily be controlled the same way as the base HVAC controls where you hold the temp control at the highest or lowest level and it then activates max defrost or max A/C. That would have freed up two buttons for the blower location and wouldn't have changed how it looked.

I'd love to participate in something like that! I have know some automotive engineers over the years and have heard similar stories. Great design comes from individuals and small teams, not committees, focus groups and marketing departments. Focus groups are the worst! But all said Ford did an overall good job with this car. I complain because I care, lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do let me know if you hear that buzz/grind/ratchet noise when shifting above 4K rpm. When I said “power shifting”, the noise happens in my car above 4K if I’m a little slow with releasing the clutch pedal and give it the gas too soon before having the clutch pedal fully released. In other words, i’m not constantly flooring it and popping the clutch. Maybe “power shift” was an incorrect term. Noise happens when accelerating and giving it some gas above 4K and letting the clutch slip some on the pedal release.
I heard it yesterday. I was merging onto the highway and romped on it and that’s when I heard it.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
It's a beauty Holmes. Yep, the hood on my '18 was to far to the drivers sides. Has that taken care of before I picked the car. And I agree, there are a lot of nooks, and crannies that hold water. I found a small electric shop blower (about 1/3 the size of a regular yard blower) at Lowes for $19.95. I use that to blow the water out of all those little places before I dry the car. And yes, I hate that dang gloss black stuff Ford used on the grill, and trunk. I saw a fly land on the rear panel, and now I have little fly footprints where he came in for a landing. Not really, but it could have. :)

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I heard it yesterday. I was merging onto the highway and romped on it and that’s when I heard it.
Thanks for reporting back on the “clutch buzz” sound? You concerned about it at all? Mine has settled down. Have not heard it in the last day or two. Car seems to be running great. I’ve got the 6 speed and could use a little extra torque in the lower rpm range. With traction control off, I can get rolling in first gear from a stop, clutch pedal fully out, then stomp on the gas going about 5 - 10 mph, it goes, but does not seem to spin the wheels or “burn out”. Those pilot sport 275’s must be really sticky. Of course, above 4K - 5k it’s a rocket ship to the moon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a beauty Holmes. Yep, the hood on my '18 was to far to the drivers sides. Has that taken care of before I picked the car. And I agree, there are a lot of nooks, and crannies that hold water. I found a small electric shop blower (about 1/3 the size of a regular yard blower) at Lowes for $19.95. I use that to blow the water out of all those little places before I dry the car. And yes, I hate that dang gloss black stuff Ford used on the grill, and trunk. I saw a fly land on the rear panel, and now I have little fly footprints where he came in for a landing. Not really, but it could have. :)
Thanks for the reply. I should have got the shop blower like you. Mine’s an over kill. I went all-out and got the metrovac blower, super powerful, has a washable filter and heats the air too. But too big, hard to maneuver. Does have a nice soft rubber tip on the hose so if I accidently touch the car, it won’t scratch. That, is unless i’m Looking at that black high gloss trim, which will cause it to scratch anyway.

Mustangworks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Kona Blue PP1, 400a
Did someone say photo?
83CE473E-D3AC-42EF-99F5-ECC6BB3741F5.jpeg

41A06C81-F663-4963-AA4C-C120759373CD.jpeg
Nice! That's one of their best colors. And I didn't know how good those rims looked until someone else got them on here. So since we have a 19 GT PP1 (kona blue), and have the black wheels, I bought the Carroll Shelby Wheel version (CS14) and put all season tires on it for the winter. Now I can alternate between the 2 looks

Also - where did you get that picture/s on your wall?? That's pretty killer. I'd like to get that as well

OP
OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! That's one of their best colors. And I didn't know how good those rims looked until someone else got them on here. So since we have a 19 GT PP1 (kona blue), and have the black wheels, I bought the Carroll Shelby Wheel version (CS14) and put all season tires on it for the winter. Now I can alternate between the 2 looks

Also - where did you get that picture/s on your wall?? That's pretty killer. I'd like to get that as well
Thanks!! Got the wall hanging from Amazon.com. I think the vendor may be out of that particular one. But, the have others. Just do a search on “mustang art”. If the vendor is in China consider spending the extra bucks to have it shipped express. Otherwise you may be waiting close to a month for delivery.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Wow man those wheels look good. First time seeing a photo of them on a car. Very nice.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for reporting back on the “clutch buzz” sound? You concerned about it at all? Mine has settled down. Have not heard it in the last day or two. Car seems to be running great. I’ve got the 6 speed and could use a little extra torque in the lower rpm range. With traction control off, I can get rolling in first gear from a stop, clutch pedal fully out, then stomp on the gas going about 5 - 10 mph, it goes, but does not seem to spin the wheels or “burn out”. Those pilot sport 275’s must be really sticky. Of course, above 4K - 5k it’s a rocket ship to the moon.
I'm not too terribly worried about it yet. I'm guessing it has been doing it since I bought it and I just never noticed or thought to listen intently enough to hear it. I hit 5000 miles on Saturday so assuming its been doing it since I bought it in August nothing has broken on me. And I drive it pretty hard. However I will be listening closer now and paying more attention to the clutch performance. I do not like the way the clutches feel in these Mustangs compared to how they felt in the older cars.

From reading the other guys here I think we have to not only turn the traction control off but the AdvanceTrac too (hold the traction control button up for 7-8 seconds and you'll see the car tell you the AdvanceTrac is off) to get it to really break the back end loose. I have yet to do this because I haven't been anywhere to safely do it. In prep for taking it out to the strip for the first time I will be doing it though.

You're right - when the car hits that high RPM band it really opens up. That is FUN!
Sponsored