Sponsored

2018+ Ford Performance Pack ever coming out?

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Just gave good ole Ford Performance a call and there is no current time frame on when the 18+ performance pack will be out, only thing they are telling me is that they are awaiting emissions certification.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If they're waiting for an emissions certification that would lead you to believe that a Power Pack will certainly be coming out...I don't think anybody here would have additional information on it that Ford Performance doesn't...

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
Just get an accessport and a custom tune. Way better and will actually wake the car up.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
Just gave good ole Ford Performance a call and there is no current time frame on when the 18+ performance pack will be out, only thing they are telling me is that they are awaiting emissions certification.
The issue is getting it certified in Commiefornia... If they just sold it for 49 states it would already be out.

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Just get an accessport and a custom tune. Way better and will actually wake the car up.
I have done that in the past... and there is an SCT X3 in the package on my toolbox but I have an 100,000 mile warranty I would really like to keep intact :like:

Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I have done that in the past... and there is an SCT X3 in the package on my toolbox but I have an 100,000 mile warranty I would really like to keep intact :like:
Your local Ford dealer isn't mod-friendly?

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
I used to be a Tech at the local Ford Dealership, needless to say, if I need service that i cannot do myself or have the equipment to do, I drive 90 some miles away to a different dealer...

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Mustang Ecoboost performance Pack, 1978 Pontiac Trans Am
A tune will most likely throw your warranty away if you have any significant engine issues and try to bring it in for warranty claims. Bolt ons like CAI, catback, etc won't but once you touch the engine programming you're playing with fire if you like having a warranty.

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
When the 2015s came out, FP kept telling us they were waiting for emmissions certification. The tune finally got released ~11/2017. So it might be a while lol they sure take their sweet time with that. Probably to wait for the miles to go up so the car wont be under warranty for so long

Thatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue Convertible (sold)
So what happens to the powertrain warranty after 3/36K if you have the FP tune? The obvious answer is FP won't cover it anymore. But would the dealer/Ford really deny cover if the engine goes boom with their tune?

My '18 should be delivered this weekend. The car has 12K miles. It's a CPO vehicle so the powertrain warranty goes to 100K. I'd hate to lose that but don't want to miss out on the fun.

Sponsored

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I've called a couple times too, same story. First call was in September. I was told then that the tune was finished, but was still waiting for CAR certification. So blame California and their (way) over the top regulations that apparently also have excessively long certification times.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It would be nice if they offered a non-CARB compliant version while they wait for the certification. At least the rest of us could get our hands on one.

Kboeh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
It would be nice if they offered a non-CARB compliant version while they wait for the certification. At least the rest of us could get our hands on one.
It'll never happen though. We will get it for the 2018-2019 in about 2 years probably. 2015 only got it in 2017...

By then my warranty will be so close to over I'll say screw it and go to Cobb.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
Thing with C.A.R.B certification is, it's not just for CA. There are a handful of states that follow CA's emission testing. "49 state legal" isn't a thing anymore.

OP
OP
DavisCustoms

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Thing with C.A.R.B certification is, it's not just for CA. There are a handful of states that follow CA's emission testing. "49 state legal" isn't a thing anymore.
Yep, more like "36 state legal" now....
Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington all follow Cali's CARB guidelines.
Sponsored