CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Had they ran over a child or other pedestrian I guarantee you and your insurance would be in the lawsuit. Nevermind you were not even in the car.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
And more evidence for why I do all my own work except mounting tires on wheels.

socketman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT / PP
First trip to dealer the tech shut my camera off. Second trip i told them do not touch anything in my car period. Besides camera i have a tracker that i can follow with my phone. Do not trust anyone with your baby.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
If you are going to use video to accuse a dealer of misdeeds before delivering a vehicle back to you at 5pm, don't forget to "fall back" on your video clock. Per the time stamp in the lower left of the video, all that reckless driving was done AFTER 5pm. The saving grace is it's not typical dealer policy to let the owner drive it off the rack and out of the bay. Owners not allowed in the garage for "insurance reasons".

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Aaaand this is where I stop caring about anything you are trying to accomplish. If you're not willing to hold everyone accountable equally, especially the guys that put others at jeopardy by doing 75 in a 25, then you're not doing this out of principle. You're doing it to get free shit. Only thing you deserve at this point is maybe a new clutch.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
Do you know any JC police? Those are residential streets in that neighborhood. Daylight hours, school was in session unless it was a Saturday. The speed is recorded and it's a 25 mph zone. I know that area of the city well.. I'd file a complaint with JCPD. If you get the right cop, they'll shove it up his ass good. At the very least, having a cop walk into the Dealership to 'ask a few questions" ought to get their minds straight.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Go the respectable route first. Have clear goals and objectives in mind. I would go straight to ford because they can apply real leverage.

Take this video to your local PD as well and tell them you fear for the safety of the general public because they are doing 70mph plus on narrow streets where the limit is probably 20.

I would also try to find out their insurance company details and forward this to them so they know the kind of behaviour they are insuring.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Once again, why are you taking your car to a dealer for non warranty claims? Question I will always ask.

You would have been better off researching a local shop to do an alignment.
Amen to that. I have an extended Ford warranty. I had a creaking/popping in my front end. The dealership had it a total of eight days. Blamed my aftermarket IRS brace touching the carriage bolt transferring the sound to the front of the car. I removed the braces. Problem still persisted. I took it to an alignment shop. Twenty minutes on the rack problem solved. A lose lower control arm bolt. Those jokers "claimed" they worked on it for five days. Twenty minutes vs five days. Pathetic.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
So I was bored and read through this whole thread
1. Dealer sucks and owner doesn't give a crap
2. Mechanic's suck and owner doesn't give a crap
3. OP runs to mommy acting bad but really doesn't give a crap
4. Dealer owner and their mechanic's drink coffee together talk about super bowl, OP thinks they have fixed the dealership and letting it be.
5. Dealership has been enabled by OP by lack of follow through. Forum has been used to promote his agenda

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
watching the video on News CBS 2 NY right now 6am

Sponsored

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Show this video to the local police. More than once 75 MPH on side streets. The police need to know how this dealer is test driving cars.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Show this video to the local police. More than once 75 MPH on side streets. The police need to know how this dealer is test driving cars.
I agree with the side street speed not being safe or smart but sometimes on a test drive you need to simulate a real world trouble -This video in no way is justification of what happened to this guy ....
actually its a double edge sword with that - i owned a challenger with factory defect drive line/Drive shaft vibration at 62 and 70 mph and up they refused to fix it said speed limit it 55 we can't test stover 55 -- don't do over 55 you won't have a vibration ..i documented it and 4000 miles later the drive shaft vibrated and the pinion pulled out of carrier drive shaft beat the bottom of car and tunnel then feel down and catapulted the car and almost did some serious bodily harm ,i brought it in on flat bed showed them the 3 times i complained about it and how they circumvented fixing it and told them i was retaining a lawyer .Long story I left that dealer with a Brand new CAR

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This vid made TV news?

I watched half and really didn’t see all that much to bitch about. If it was an oil change I would bitch. If it was something that needed extensive time to drive, then whatever. A lot of mechanics do a test drive to the drive through at lunch. I would like it better if the guy knew the dash cam was on and made some conversation about the repairs he was testing out. I wouldn’t even mind if he picked up lunch on the way as long as it’s all on the up and up.

Whatever. I just did a complete once over on my dad’s Buick Enclave yesterday and now one of my girlfriends has a leaky water pump on her Ford Escape and calling the tow truck now. This shit never ends...

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
The really disturbing parts come in the 2nd half IMO. I hear tires breaking traction, they're taking turns wringing it out, etc., etc.

Can the video link be posted on sites like Yelp and Google for dealership reviews and not be taken down?
Poor mismanagement of the service employees. Crappy deal all around.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
A good idea is just to post the time when the really bad shit happens so that we can scrub to that point instead of listening to ten minutes of the guy yapping to people on the street.
Sponsored