Sponsored

M6G's Live Photos of the 2020 GT500 Reveal

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Great shots of the car.
I think the DCT is cool, but I still prefer 6 speed manual.
I love the look and wing so thats cool.
Wish we had numbers after the long wait.
Its not enough to give up my GT350R
Trevor, I was able to take a close look at a pre-production GT500 at Barrett-Jackson today and to be honest with you I thought that the car looked terrific and I really liked the look of the car much more than I thought that I would.

I also liked the exposed 20" CF wheels along with the largest front rotors that I have ever seen on any production automobile.

The rear 5" exhaust tips are massive and as you mentioned I thought that the rear wing looked very cool as well.

Like yourself I prefer a 6 speed manual over a 7 speed DCT but would suggest that many will like this transmission as a DCT.

The VIN for the car that I viewed today ended with "KSX00025" which suggests a 2019 VIN for this pre-production car but as we all know this will be a 2020 offering.

Today's pre-production car did not have a chassis plate number above the glove compartment but going forward all regular production GT500's will have a chassis number unlike the 2007 to 2014 GT500's.

I would also suggest that the chassis numbers for the GT500 will not mirror the VIN as they did for the 2015 GT350/R's but initially will be somewhat close until production ramps up in FR.

If the styling, wheels, tires, brakes, rear wing are any indication of what this car has for horsepower/torque ratings and if it does not come in too heavy I would suggest that we are all in for an outstanding ride.

Can't wait for the final specs and performance numbers!

:)
Sponsored

39Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Terlingua
Is the Blue car Performance Blue? On the Shelby page we were wondering if it could be Guardsman Blue? Really wish Ford would bring back the vintage Shelby colors like Guardsman Blue, Highland Green, Lime Green, Gulfstream Aqua, Royal Maroon, Black Jade, even Vista Blue

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Is the Blue car Performance Blue? On the Shelby page we were wondering if it could be Guardsman Blue? Really wish Ford would bring back the vintage Shelby colors like Guardsman Blue, Highland Green, Lime Green, Gulfstream Aqua, Royal Maroon, Black Jade, even Vista Blue
It is performance blue

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Best undercar shot to date. Thanks for that!
Sponsored