Sponsored

Phoenix Area Ford Service

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Hey AZ members, Anyone have any suggestions for a valley dealership and service writer that doesn't suck? I've been through two at Earnhardt Ford and one at San Tan Ford with less than good results. Looking for someone that actually does their job, follows though and isn't condescending. I have some warranty work on my 2018 GT that needs to get done. Any guidance is appreciated and solicited.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Hey AZ members, Anyone have any suggestions for a valley dealership and service writer that doesn't suck? I've been through two at Earnhardt Ford and one at San Tan Ford with less than good results. Looking for someone that actually does their job, follows though and isn't condescending. I have some warranty work on my 2018 GT that needs to get done. Any guidance is appreciated and solicited.
I have had good luck so far with Jacob at Camelback Ford though I believe that may be a bit of a trek for you.

OP
OP

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Good to know. At this point I have zero issue going a bit further to get good service. Thanks!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Good to know. At this point I have zero issue going a bit further to get good service. Thanks!
No problem! Just looked up my last visit his last name is Stokes fyi.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
No problem! Just looked up my last visit his last name is Stokes fyi.
That’s funny, I used to work with Jake. He’s a good guy.

Sponsored

DAMCars

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette Z51
That’s funny, I used to work with Jake. He’s a good guy.
I just brought my new to me 17 in for an oil change and look over at Autonation in Scottsdale. It looked a nice modern store and my service adviser, John Flynn seemed like a straight shooter. I'll likely service the car myself going forward but wanted to bring it in for an initial once over.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I would go to chapman for the east side of town and Sanderson on the west side of town. Both have done right by me each time. I have gone.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've had good luck with my S197 and S550 Mustang. The S197 NEVER visited a dealer in the 4 years I had it after I drove it away.

I ordered my S550 from Chapman and have had two contacts with their service department.

The first was for a bad battery in the first year. I confirmed the battery was bad and brought it to the dealer for replacement. The service writer insisted the car had to be towed in for them to replace the battery so they could confirm the mileage but the Service Manager told him to test the battery and give me a replacement if it was bad with my promise to email them a picture of the odometer. I included the warranty paperwork in the frame.

The second was related to the clunkyness of the drive-train since new. It always seemed like there was too much play in a U/CV joint or pinion. I took it in this month to have it checked out right before the 36 month warranty ran out in March.

Dash-cam shows absolutely no abuse of the car in test drives. Closest was almost wandering out of their lane when distracted by Cardinal cheerleaders doing some publicity thing.

They measured the play at every spot including the axles and said all was within spec. Unfortunately, they also drained the trans and diff, ostensibly to check for metal. So my BG fluids were replaced with Ford fluid. They also concluded the diff was bad because on the lift if they turned one rear wheel, the other didn't move at all. The master tech apparently did not know enough about how a Torsen worked. Fortunately, they contact Ford before expensive repairs. Ford told them it was fine. So the system worked.

Then only things I didn't like were related to mods. The tech initially thought I had an aftermarket clutch and therefore could not do anything. After I told them it had the original stock clutch, they told me I had to remove the MGW shifter before they could work on it. The Service manager (different than battery incident) overrode them. Dash-cam recordings include them trash-talking mods in general, calling the MGW a piece of #$%*, and how they didn't like working on cars with so many mods like mine. FWIW, the MGW is the ONLY non-cosmetic mod the car has. The piece of #$%* comment may have just been from embarrassment because recordings show him not being able to get the car in reverse (didn't know to push down). He also concluded I do constant 5k launches because my factory rear tires were worn out at 25k miles. That was just two of their techs but one was a self proclaimed master tech for 20 plus years.
Sponsored

Last edited: