Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Always take the dealer financing if the rebates are huge. I took it to get $8K off MSRP. They gave me a 5.49% rate which I re-financed through my credit union 3 weeks later @ 3.49% once I got Ford's first bill.
Hmmm I never thought of that.. thanks for bringing this up!
Sponsored

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I got my base 2018 GT for 27 before tax, tag, title, and warranty. Just be sure to keep saying no whenever the salesmen comes back from the finance manager with their offer. lol. It also helped that it was December so they were motivated to clear 2018 inventory.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have some questions. I'm going to to get a mustang gt base trim in July. So how much has everyone paid for there 2019 gt (out the door price). I'm hoping to get a base gt automatic for 32000 or less out the door new. Also, I am very worried about the plasma liner issue. I'm hoping by summer when I buy that the issue will have a solution. Maybe everyone can reassure me that it's a good choice. I'm not a big American car fan but I do love the mustang.
Your OTD hopes and others experienc is all based on where you live. By that I mean Ford has different incentives in different markets. From what I have seen is That it does not apply to where you buy it but by your own address.
&
Every state, county, local municipal can take a tax on you to boot.
Just my $.02

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
I got my base 2018 GT for 27 before tax, tag, title, and warranty. Just be sure to keep saying no whenever the salesmen comes back from the finance manager with their offer. lol. It also helped that it was December so they were motivated to clear 2018 inventory.
Nice deal! I hope I can get something like that in July. I highly doubt it but hey I can dream lol and I'm not going to step foot in a dealership in the negotiating process. I'll do the email multiple dealers game and have them fight for my business until one is left standing lol

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Your OTD hopes and others experienc is all based on where you live. By that I mean Ford has different incentives in different markets. From what I have seen is That it does not apply to where you buy it but by your own address.
&
Every state, county, local municipal can take a tax on you to boot.
Just my $.02
Yes i have noticed this. Regional incentives here where I am are pretty good! I'm sure others have it better though.

Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Ford sometimes offers 0% which will usually save you a few thousand depending on the amount you finance, on top of that they usually start offering $1,000 off certain cars still on the lot around July, at least they did when I was buying mine.

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice deal! I hope I can get something like that in July. I highly doubt it but hey I can dream lol and I'm not going to step foot in a dealership in the negotiating process. I'll do the email multiple dealers game and have them fight for my business until one is left standing lol
Haha. I like the efficiency. I would send them a pre approval or let them run a credit app so they k know you are serious. My .02 cents. Best of luck though!

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Ford sometimes offers 0% which will usually save you a few thousand depending on the amount you finance, on top of that they usually start offering $1,000 off certain cars still on the lot around July, at least they did when I was buying mine.
I'd love to have a 0% apr! However, I'm going for a longer term so I doubt I'll get 0%. That would be amazing if I did though.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I'd love to have a 0% apr! However, I'm going for a longer term so I doubt I'll get 0%. That would be amazing if I did though.
I was able to get 0% for 60 months, of course 2 weeks later Ford financing went to 0% for 72 months. I think around August they usually run the 0% for 72 month financing.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
I was able to get 0% for 60 months, of course 2 weeks later Ford financing went to 0% for 72 months. I think around August they usually run the 0% for 72 month financing.
Oh wow that's really good! I'd easily take that then lol

Sponsored

lowatts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Keep in mind a lot of times when manufacturers including Ford offer low rate financing, it disqualifies some other dollar incentives. Sometime, as is the case now I think, they will offer low rate plus throw in a smaller dollar incentive, just not as much as the dollar incentive without the cheap financing. So you'll have to see how much you'll save in interest cost versus how much you'll lose in dollar incentives. One easy way to figure out interest cost is by subtracting the amount financed from the total of all of the monthly payments.

OP
OP
Josh11742

Josh11742

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Toyota camry
Keep in mind a lot of times when manufacturers including Ford offer low rate financing, it disqualifies some other dollar incentives. Sometime, as is the case now I think, they will offer low rate plus throw in a smaller dollar incentive, just not as much as the dollar incentive without the cheap financing. So you'll have to see how much you'll save in interest cost versus how much you'll lose in dollar incentives. One easy way to figure out interest cost is by subtracting the amount financed from the total of all of the monthly payments.
Thanks for letting me know. This isn't something I have thought of. I will most definitely apply this to my process.
Sponsored