Procharger HO "canned" tune

OhNoA5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Orange Fury GT
Hey everyone! New guy to the forum here. I was trying to find any numbers from someone who has installed a Procharger HO complete kit on a 18-19 preferably or even 15-17 on a other wise stock car or just a cat back system and dyno'd the car with the canned tune from procharger. I searched and looked in alot of threads and did not find any numbers like that. I did find a couple where people had Palm Beach or Lund tune there cars. I am close to pulling the trigger on one of the kits and was just wanting to see what the differences were. Anyways thanks in advance. Also if anyone did have this set up done. Can you list if you upgraded the intercooler to the stage 2 or the P1X upgrade also?
Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have a D1x stg 2 and have always been PBD tuned. Upgrade the intercooler 100% of the time. I would be glad to answer any other questions you have.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Agree on stage 2 regardless from what I have seen. That's the route I am going when it's time. My only dilemma is p1x or d1x. I get d1x for higher max effort , but seems p1x may be more fun in a daily driver where rpms are not revving out constantly etc. Decisions decisions.

OP if you're between the p1sc and p1x that seems like a no brainer :)

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
P1x minimum. I went D1 because everyone that I spoke to all wished they would have gone with the bigger one. There is virtually no down side to the D1x.

OP
OP
OhNoA5.0

OhNoA5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Orange Fury GT
I have a D1x stg 2 and have always been PBD tuned. Upgrade the intercooler 100% of the time. I would be glad to answer any other questions you have.
Toy Cobra did you buy the tuner kit or the complete kit? I am really curious if the complete kit with the procharger tune is any good? From what i understand the procharger tunes are kinda set to more safe and the tuners (palm beach for example) turn the dial to 11 so to speak. I could be wrong on that. Im new to the supercharging game. I have had several mustang but never went with forced induction. I know im asking a bunch of questions but i just dont want a 45k paper weight if you know what i mean.

Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I ordered a @beefcake special tuner kit. I would say the Procharger tune is safe but a PBD tune will be worth every penny. The process is easy and, I would say they turn the dial to 10 not 11 haha.

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
What pulley do you have & how much did you make? Almost done getting mine set up, how many revisions did you have until you got dialed in? I'll be going with PBD as well

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I’m running the 4.88 pulley so fairly low boost. I have probably done about 10 revisions to really get it dial in. Not sure on power but it runs 9’s in the the quarter mile.

OP
OP
OhNoA5.0

OhNoA5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Orange Fury GT
I ordered a @beefcake special tuner kit. I would say the Procharger tune is safe but a PBD tune will be worth every penny. The process is easy and, I would say they turn the dial to 10 not 11 haha.
Is the rest of the car still stock? Also how many miles have you been boosted?

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I have done some suspension work, wheels, and tires. Stock engine, trans, rear end. I installed the Procharger at about 800 miles and it has about 1800 on it now. It is not my daily driver but I drive it every weekend.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I would recommend going with a "beefcake special". That will give you everything you need to make your kit "Complete" with better components and better tuning.

The Procharger tune isnt bad, but you can almost always make more power with an aftermarket tune. I would advise sticking with someone well known like Lund or PBD. Both of their tunes are well known for being safe and making good power. The Procharger tune is usually a little more on the conservative side with less customization available. I dont believe they will tune for anything other than their system. Meaning if later on you want to add headers, meth injection, etc you will have to get another tune anyway. Better off just going Lund/PBD from the start.

What fuel will you be using and what's your power goal? The P1X is able to make 900+whp so I wouldn't go with a D1X unless your goal is above that, as you will lose some of the midrange punch that the P1X has. Since you're considering the Procharger tune I'm guessing your looking for 600-700whp which is perfect for a P1X. I highly recommend doing the Stage 2. More room for upgradability later on, better intercooler, dedicated drive belt.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfspec2018prostg2.html

I have a Stage 2 P1X myself, feel free to ask questions or check my build log.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone actually done the install themselves? Seems like the 8 rib conversion would be hard to do with the engine mounted. Can anyone comment? This thread has me seriously considering going Stage 2 and doing everything while the weather is still shitty in the garage.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Has anyone actually done the install themselves? Seems like the 8 rib conversion would be hard to do with the engine mounted. Can anyone comment? This thread has me seriously considering going Stage 2 and doing everything while the weather is still shitty in the garage.
I've installed a few. Once the radiator fans (fans only, radiator stays) are removed and hoses are out of the way there is actually alot of room in there to work. I've done several Stage 2's replacing the stock balancer with an ATI and bolting the pulley on. The standard cam lock method is even easier and faster, no pulling the balancer. If you check the install manual it will say exactly how to do it.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I installed my Stage II P1X kit in my garage by myself. I'm in no way a mechanic or super mechanically inclined and I was able to accomplish it over a weekend in my garage with very basic tools. I did not have to remove my fans, just the overflow bottle and re-arrange some hoses. Take your time and it's really not bad at all. If you decide to do it yourself PM me and I'll give you my cell number in case you get stuck or have questions. The hardest part is getting the sway bar out of the way to attach the crank pulley to the stock pulley. Now that I've done it I could do it in a matter of minutes. Not knowing what or how to do it the first time took me a couple of hours. Only thing the PC manual doesn't tell you to do is you MUST use red locktite on the dowel bolts that attach to the PC 8 rib crank pulley. Other than that, zero tricks or special techniques.

OP
OP
OhNoA5.0

OhNoA5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Orange Fury GT
I would recommend going with a "beefcake special". That will give you everything you need to make your kit "Complete" with better components and better tuning.

The Procharger tune isnt bad, but you can almost always make more power with an aftermarket tune. I would advise sticking with someone well known like Lund or PBD. Both of their tunes are well known for being safe and making good power. The Procharger tune is usually a little more on the conservative side with less customization available. I dont believe they will tune for anything other than their system. Meaning if later on you want to add headers, meth injection, etc you will have to get another tune anyway. Better off just going Lund/PBD from the start.

What fuel will you be using and what's your power goal? The P1X is able to make 900+whp so I wouldn't go with a D1X unless your goal is above that, as you will lose some of the midrange punch that the P1X has. Since you're considering the Procharger tune I'm guessing your looking for 600-700whp which is perfect for a P1X. I highly recommend doing the Stage 2. More room for upgradability later on, better intercooler, dedicated drive belt.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfspec2018prostg2.html

I have a Stage 2 P1X myself, feel free to ask questions or check my build log.
You are right i am looking for the 600-700 whp range. Not looking to go wild just yet. That is why i was wondering if the PC tune will put me in that range without having to spend more on the Lund/PBD tune to start, cause from what i have seen of the beefcake special tuner kit it will cost more overall than the stage 2 complete kit from PC. Have any of you seen anyone posting any numbers with those PC tunes? I will go with one of the Lund/PBD tunes and really try and ramp up the power slowly as i keep modding the car, unless the PC tune is garbage and i need to just suck it up and go with Lund/PBD. Also I was originally thinking of the HO kit but i think everybody on here is right and i will spend a little more for the stage 2.
Sponsored