20 inch wheels? SVE Series 3

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm currently considering purchasing these wheels for my 2018 GT.

SVE Series 3 staggered, 20X8.5 up front and 20X10 in the rear. I'm going to be running 275/35 up front and 305/30 in the rear for tires. https://lmr.com/item/SVE-46401652K1/sve-series-3-wheel-kit-black-2015

My question is this..Am I going to experience significant performance, acceleration, stiffness coming from the stock 18 inch wheels? I love the look of 20" wheels on the GT but not if it's at the expense of drivability. Any comments or feedback would be appreciated!
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
No direct experience but coincidentally a blue (I think it was velocity blue) GT passed me the other day. The polished lip and black wheels caught my eye so when we stopped at the next signal I checked them out. I saw the SVE center cap and had to look them up when I got home. They looked good!

OP
OP
Jandino63

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
No direct experience but coincidentally a blue (I think it was velocity blue) GT passed me the other day. The polished lip and black wheels caught my eye so when we stopped at the next signal I checked them out. I saw the SVE center cap and had to look them up when I got home. They looked good!
Well that’s definitely good feedback. Lol. I’ve been looking specifically for a polished lip option, staggered, within my budget. I want to pull the trigger but just concerned I’ll feel a performance, primarily acceleration, drop.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Well that’s definitely good feedback. Lol. I’ve been looking specifically for a polished lip option, staggered, within my budget. I want to pull the trigger but just concerned I’ll feel a performance, primarily acceleration, drop.
Acceleration should not be affected as long as the tire diameter remains close to the same. Generally the ride should be stiffer since a lower profile tire is needed to maintain the diameter with a bigger wheel. Opinions seem to vary on how much stiffer, though.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
They look great. Which color are you deciding? Tough decision.

They don't seem to carry in 19" the black ones. They also state that they don't recommend the 10" on the front for brake clearance but that is no issue for you as you are thinking 8.5" on the front.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jandino63

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Acceleration should not be affected as long as the tire diameter remains close to the same. Generally the ride should be stiffer since a lower profile tire is needed to maintain the diameter with a bigger wheel. Opinions seem to vary on how much stiffer, though.
Well that’s reassuring because I love the car feels now under hard accleration. Stiffness I’m aware of and not too concerned with.

They look great. Which color are you deciding? Tough decision.

They don't seem to carry in 19" the black ones. They also state that they don't recommend the 10" on the front for brake clearance but that is no issue for you as you are thinking 8.5" on the front.
I’m looking at the gloss black/machined lip. Originally wanted 19s but love the look of these in 20”.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I’m looking at the gloss black/machined lip. Originally wanted 19s but love the look of these in 20”.[/QUOTE]

You don't think 8.5" in front is too small as the factory comes with 9"? I assume your car is PP right?

By the way, I am not an expert just in the same boat as you as i want to change rims also.

OP
OP
Jandino63

Jandino63

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’m looking at the gloss black/machined lip. Originally wanted 19s but love the look of these in 20”.
You don't think 8.5" in front is too small as the factory comes with 9"? I assume your car is PP right?

By the way, I am not an expert just in the same boat as you as i want to change rims also.[/QUOTE]

I have a base GT, so I have 18x8.5 up front. I’m thinking with 8.5 up front and 10 in the rear I’ll be super staggered. Lol. Worst case I just find some spacers.

BurnCycle

I drank what?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I run the 8.5" / 10" (20") combo but by Rovos. The 275 is a bit of a squeeze for a 8.5" rim. I run a 265 and I think you'll find most tire recommendations are in the 255 range for that size width. I run 295 on the back with the 10" rim. Its a great improvements of the sloppy 18" wheel/tire combo that came stock on the car (18"x8" for me or as I prefer to describe it... fucking horrible).
Sponsored