Sponsored

how block replacements fix the tick

how many new blocks it took to fix the tick?

• 1 short block

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • 2 short blocks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 or more short blocks

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • 1 long block

• 2 long blocks

• 3 or more long blocks

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • a combination of short and long blocks

• new n-th block is ticking, the problem isnot solved yet

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • non block replacement fixed the tick

• non block replacement did not fix the tick

• Total voters

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
This topic is on the 11-19 tick and not on 18+ rattle

Some of us got approvals on short or long block replacements. Some of us got engine tick again, some got lucky.

Some of us believe typewriter tick is an issue that only affects very small percentage of coyotes, some think it is a bigger issue.

while we cannot obtain statewide stats on total cars affected by the tick, having people with new short/long blocks ticking again is a clear indication of tick being a widespread issue.

So if it affects say just 1% of vehicles, what would be the odds of a single person getting an engine with the new block that also ticks?

But yet we have a number of members with this situation. That tells me the issue is widespread at more than 10% at least.
Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Everyone on this forum has the tick, BBQ tick. Engine rattle, and typewriter noise man. Do a search

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So far 3 guys have had 3 or more long blocks ,,, :crazy:

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I clicked that just to troll. There is no way people have had 3 different engines on the same car

Sponsored

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I clicked that just to troll. There is no way people have had 3 different engines on the same car
those who have 2 new short blocks have 3 engines on the same car including original.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
those who have 2 new short blocks have 3 engines on the same car including original.
Interesting that the other than Choate who was trolling have not commented here after they voted. I think they were all fake and only Choate had the balls to admit it. I really cannot come up with a scenario where Ford would replace a long block with another long block unless it was done before it was given back to the owner. If the replacement long block was bad, they would have known that after putting it back together and testing it out.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting that the other than Choate who was trolling have not commented here after they voted. I think they were all fake and only Choate had the balls to admit it. I really cannot come up with a scenario where Ford would replace a long block with another long block unless it was done before it was given back to the owner. If the replacement long block was bad, they would have known that after putting it back together and testing it out.
Keep in mind according to the poll even the 2nd one was replaced too. Who knows maybe the poll should have included more than 3 long blocks and it would get more votes

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i stand corrected. it DOES say 3 or more long blocks

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Keep in mind according to the poll even the 2nd one was replaced too. Who knows maybe the poll should have included more than 3 long blocks and it would get more votes
That is my point though, I doubt a second long block would ever happen after it was given back to the owner.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Pointless poll...

Has Ford announced an issue or solution yet? Not gonna happen. Next...

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
i said bbq tick yes which to me is the injectors up top pulsing ...now as far as piston slap or bottom end rattle NOT YET!!! i am about to change my oil at 1000 miles with a factory motorcraft filter and penziol ultra platinum full synthetic 5-20 with no additive s .. I'm at 788miles now ,I have driven the car mixed from day 1 ..not abusing it but i will let it go 2nd through 5th on its own to redline once in a while and i have always started and let my engines warm up with out free reving them or driving them other than normal or easy until operating temps reached ..I love the car But I bought it with intent to put a blower on it and sold a perfectly good 17 2ss camaro A8 with 1300 miles to go to a car with a sketchy gen 3 redesigned engine that on paper and performance is really great but the unknown is really terrible i didn't plan on building a short block/cost not to mention having to deal with bullshit like back and forth with dealer telling me thats normal blah blahHH Blahhh !!! Im not an idiot built to many cars to know whats normal and whats not ...

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
i said bbq tick yes which to me is the injectors up top pulsing ...now as far as piston slap or bottom end rattle NOT YET!!! i am about to change my oil at 1000 miles with a factory motorcraft filter and penziol ultra platinum full synthetic 5-20 with no additive s .. I'm at 788miles now ,I have driven the car mixed from day 1 ..not abusing it but i will let it go 2nd through 5th on its own to redline once in a while and i have always started and let my engines warm up with out free reving them or driving them other than normal or easy until operating temps reached ..I love the car But I bought it with intent to put a blower on it and sold a perfectly good 17 2ss camaro A8 with 1300 miles to go to a car with a sketchy gen 3 redesigned engine that on paper and performance is really great but the unknown is really terrible i didn't plan on building a short block/cost not to mention having to deal with bullshit like back and forth with dealer telling me thats normal blah blahHH Blahhh !!! Im not an idiot built to many cars to know whats normal and whats not ...
The question is not if normal, but if harmful, and so far that answer has been no, it's not harmful.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
i said bbq tick yes which to me is the injectors up top pulsing ...
Injector noise isn't referred to as the BBQ tick. The BBQ tick is bottom end ticking which can be heard down low behind the front wheels.
Sponsored