Sponsored

Buying 2018 GT - 1300 miles - troubling OASIS report?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Buyer Beware...Not worth Future Problems..Regardless of Price..
If it's not making the 2K rattle by now (1300 miles on it) then it probably won't later on. As far as the BBQ tick, still a crap shoot.
Sponsored

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Is what it is now. Seems like the 2 issues were minor and I confirm the car is running top notch. I feel good about it. Still have 225 miles and 6.5 days to flog it and see if any issues pop up. Otherwise, love everything about this car.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I would not be the least concerned about the Oasis report. It is also good that you are not hearing anything unusual from the engine. I am still a little baffled as to why anyone would buy a new car, add an aftermarket exhaust and then trade it in so soon.

Hopefully you got a good car that you will continue to love and be a proud of as I am of mine.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I would not be the least concerned about the Oasis report. It is also good that you are not hearing anything unusual from the engine. I am still a little baffled as to why anyone would buy a new car, add an aftermarket exhaust and then trade it in so soon.

Hopefully you got a good car that you will continue to love and be a proud of as I am of mine.
Supposedly he upgraded to a premium with digital dash. I'm assuming he used the multiple check engine light issue to his advantage along with buying right before New Years. He def put some money into it. Drove it again to work this morning and absolutely perfect. No noises, the a10 is so nice. Absolutely zero issues with it and it shifts instantly with the paddles too. I haven't made it to Mexico yet to use them all the way to redline but messing around on the freeway up to 6k rpm it was shifting instantly with the paddles.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Supposedly he upgraded to a premium with digital dash. I'm assuming he used the multiple check engine light issue to his advantage along with buying right before New Years. He def put some money into it. Drove it again to work this morning and absolutely perfect. No noises, the a10 is so nice. Absolutely zero issues with it and it shifts instantly with the paddles too. I haven't made it to Mexico yet to use them all the way to redline but messing around on the freeway up to 6k rpm it was shifting instantly with the paddles.
Sounds like you got a winner. Congratulations! The previous owner must have taken a beating....or maybe didn't really know what he wanted. Doesn't really matter at this point.....

Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
LOL it's not a buy back. The dude traded it in according to the carfax. Where would one find this sticker on the vehicle, were they to look?
Amazing--they buy back the car because it had a problem and by their own admission it was because it either couldn't be fixed within the time given by law or it was fixed and the customer wasn't satisfied. But--supposedly the car was fixed but it only has a 12K or 12 month warranty on it.
$30K for a car with a checked past that has a manufacturer warranty of 12k miles or one year? No thanks. If the car was really fixed--and it was worth the money, why not go 36K or 36 months?

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Amazing--they buy back the car because it had a problem and by their own admission it was because it either couldn't be fixed within the time given by law or it was fixed and the customer wasn't satisfied. But--supposedly the car was fixed but it only has a 12K or 12 month warranty on it.
$30K for a car with a checked past that has a manufacturer warranty of 12k miles or one year? No thanks. If the car was really fixed--and it was worth the money, why not go 36K or 36 months?

Not sure about all that but this car is clean and has regular 3 yr/ 36k mike warranty. Runs great. Very happy so far.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I wouldn't buy that car even if it was half price.
Buyer Beware...Not worth Future Problems..Regardless of Price..
Listen to these folks.....they know everything!!!
Love
Fanboy

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Listen to these folks.....they know everything!!!
Love
Fanboy
Or a logical person that doesn't want a car with known past problems.

Sponsored
OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I have over 100 miles on it now and it's still driving perfect. Absolutely zero issues. Loving the performance package and A10.

Jonyxz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 401A 10R80
I have over 100 miles on it now and it's still driving perfect. Absolutely zero issues. Loving the performance package and A10.
Congrats, take care of it

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
not every car is perfect, sometimes a few issues need to be addressed, no big deal in my opinion. Glad its working out and it didnt scare you off. Good luck to you!

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
not every car is perfect, sometimes a few issues need to be addressed, no big deal in my opinion. Glad its working out and it didnt scare you off. Good luck to you!
Exactly. I had mine in a week after I got it for an update on the digital instrument cluster. There was an issue with the dealer's internet connection and they basically fried the entire cluster so it showed nothing. The car was in the shop a week. They had to replace the cluster and in the process updated the PCM to the latest setting. If you saw the paperwork, you might wonder WTH??? However, the car has been flawless ever since. Dealer even gave me a free 3M clear shield on the front end, hood and trunk lid to compensate me for my trouble.
Sponsored