Sponsored

small subwoofer option for GT350 tech pack (7 speaker)

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
I just took possession of a 2016 tech pack GT350, coming from a 401A GT with the 12 speaker and the lack of bottom end is a bit of a bummer (though the 401A car was even a little lacking in low end).

That said, what options have people used for a subwoofer that doesn't break the bank? I listen to mostly rock and a little electronic/Daft Punk, not looking to rattle the car apart, just something to warm the overall tone and reduce the workload on the front door woofers.

I've looked at the premade enclosures, but many are $800 before even talking about the driver and amp. There's many powered ones out there, but most appear to be for under-seat use which wouldn't work in this car. Not past fabricating a box for the spare well either, but wanted to see what's out there before I get to any wood working.
Sponsored

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
I just took possession of a 2016 tech pack GT350, coming from a 401A GT with the 12 speaker and the lack of bottom end is a bit of a bummer (though the 401A car was even a little lacking in low end).

That said, what options have people used for a subwoofer that doesn't break the bank? I listen to mostly rock and a little electronic/Daft Punk, not looking to rattle the car apart, just something to warm the overall tone and reduce the workload on the front door woofers.

I've looked at the premade enclosures, but many are $800 before even talking about the driver and amp. There's many powered ones out there, but most appear to be for under-seat use which wouldn't work in this car. Not past fabricating a box for the spare well either, but wanted to see what's out there before I get to any wood working.

I also was disappointed with the lack of bass. I wound up using a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered sub. It is small enough that I was able to mount it under the passenger seat. Added a nice amount of bass to round out the system. I believe it was about $200 dollars and an afternoon of labor to install.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
For a box (unless building your own) I would use one of these. They can custom size the box for your specific airspace requirements. https://www.zenclosures.com/2015-Mustang-Subwoofer-Box-p/mustang15t1rfamprack.htm

For a sub, I would use one of these due to the fantastic sound, very small airspace requirements and relatively light weight. This would also allow you to build your own box in the spare tire well as it is a shallow mount sub. https://stereointegrity.com/product/bm-mk-v-12-subwoofer/

and a decent amp bridged to drive the sub here. https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Amplifiers/GM+Series/GM-A5602#specs

These are solid middle of the road options as the sky is the limit for audio stuff.

Good luck.
Sponsored