frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all. I’ve been thinking about adding a SC to my Bullitt. Contemplating Roush vs Whipple. But then I found this video and started thinking about what I might be getting into putting another 30% + power on this car. From heaver axels to springs to OPG …. well check it out and let me know what you think.

frank

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Not sure about any of your questions, but I enjoyed the video. :-) I guess it depends how hard you plan to be on it once supercharged.

Tickdoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt
I want this and nitrous too....but not on my bullitt....it's perfect just the way it is.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Not worth wasting 20 minutes of my life watching a stupid video. Boost the car and go Whipple. Done

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If you are contemplating a supercharger, I'd be watching to see what the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt's upgrade looks like. That would give you some idea of the package of components being changed.

OP
OP
frankeric16

frankeric16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Good point! I tried to see what SC was on the SM Bullitt but couldn't make it out. Will post particulars when I find out.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
The Steeda Performance Vehicle Team is extremely excited to bring you these exclusive photos of the Steve McQueen Edition Bullitt Mustang getting what we would consider, a Steve McQueen approved Whipple 3.0L Supercharger. These will be the very first "working" applications of the Whipple 3.0L Supercharger on a 2019 Mustang Bullitt as we are currently doing development testing and certification with Whipple. More pictures coming soon.
Steve McQueen Photos 2 - Copy.jpg
Steve McQueen Photos 3 - Copy.jpg
Steve McQueen Photos 4 - Copy.jpg
Steve McQueen Photos 5.jpg

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Having owned 3 sc Mustangs in the last 6 years, I would only put a centrifugal blower on. I put a polished HO Vortech on my 2009 and it looked simly excellent when you opened the hood. You keep the strut brace as well. Super fun to drive.
With my 2012 GT with the Brembo option, I used a Roush and the quick torque takes away from winding the motor out and really driving the car because of wheelspin. Made more power than the Bullitt, but the fun element was reduced. Drag strip with PD, yes. But, road racing, I would say, no. My '15 has a PD blower making 600rwhp and has a LOT of torque, but, again, the torque takes away from the driving experience.
So, if you like winding the engine out without constantly spinning the tires, I wouldn't do it OR a centri. BTW, I have never had wheel hop with my '15. Never. But, I have the BMR lockout thingy.
Sponsored