Sponsored

Test drove a Hellcat again today.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Richard, we have a build facility in Michigan (Standmode did his last video there) we can get your Bullitt into the McQueen package :)

You can email [email protected] if you are interested!

TJ
I have a PM into your address here, thinking very seriously of it........
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I’ve been to several of the Street Fights events at Bristol and seen so many of the Hellcats struggle to get better than 13s. Bristol is not the fastest track but much of the problems that I can see are driver mod and traction. The manual cars really struggle and most seemed to be on factory tires. The autos did better. No question the Hellcats make the power but drivers struggled to put that power to use.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/members/volstang.17481/
I’ve been to several of the Street Fights events at Bristol and seen so many of the Hellcats struggle to get better than 13s. Bristol is not the fastest track but much of the problems that I can see are driver mod and traction. The manual cars really struggle and most seemed to be on factory tires. The autos did better. No question the Hellcats make the power but drivers struggled to put that power to use.
Manual a poor choice for Hellcat's if drag racing the priority...

I dont know. Ive beat enough hell kitties when I was just bolt ons. To make me wonder how this particular interwebs call out would play out? But the real smart money is on it never playing out.:giggle:
While I'm sure you hurt a lot of feelings with your "superior" driver mod/drag set-up...faster cars lose to slower cars all the time at the track. Many people read posts like yours above(think their bolt-on gt is capable of beating hellcats) and wonder how their "faster" car just got walked hard on the highway by a stock hellcat when traction/driver mod much less of a factor...

Stock Hellcats have beaten Lamborghini Huracán’s; is the HC really the faster car? NO.

Last edited:

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
my hellcat ran 11.18@127 on pirelli p zeros ..

Definitely possible... I'm sure most of you know AS WITH ANY CAR whether it be 0-60, 1/4 mile times, dyno numbers.. there will be a range of results, depending on conditions.
Look around enough and you'll see in decent air/lower elev, track prep, driver mod, the stock A8 Hellcat is well documented to run 124-127mph (127 less common). Street summer tires have seen as low as 10.9(glory hero run) and more typical 11.2-11.8. Drag radials/slicks (some with driveshaft)as low as 10.4 but typically 10.8-11.2; add another half sec or so for manual in same conditions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bluebeastsrt

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

While I'm sure you hurt a lot of feelings with your "superior" driver mod/drag set-up...faster cars lose to slower cars all the time at the track. Many people read posts like yours above(think their bolt-on gt is capable of beating hellcats) and wonder how their "faster" car just got walked hard on the highway by a stock hellcat when traction/driver mod much less of a factor...

Stock Hellcats have beaten Lamborghini Huracán’s; is the HC really the faster car? NO.

Your absolutely right. The hellcat is a very driver dependent car. Mainly do to the skinny factory tires. But at Atco where I race. When you find a guy in an auto hell kitty. That knows what they're doing. Its a 10 second car stock. Trapping 126-128! Thats fast by most poeples standards. Im a fan of the hell cats. Its not the cars fault. I can't seam to get lined up with that few guys that could drive. when I was bolt ons.

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
That was my experience with my nodded GT500. Too much tq, not enough tire. On stock, for every good pull I had 10 bad ones.

But....fck with it on the highway where traction is someone removed and you'll have gotten embarrassed.

I have zero reson to think my C7 vette auto couldn't beat a hellcat to 60 (if the other guy had a manual even more so...)... not guaranteed but in many scenarios. (C7 MUCH FASTER to 60 than my nodded GT500)....I also have zero reason to think I would be seeing any thing other than disappearing tail lights on the high way if I challenged one

Get better tires and practice and the dig issues start to dissipate.

I will say the GT500 was a one trick pony though.

Going faster than 120ish was a white knuckling front end lifting understanding accident waitiing to happen mightmare. Going the same speed in the C7 was calm enough to have been served tea and crumpets while critiquing classical music.

I suspect a Hellcat is a lot more like the former than the latter, although it's weight probably helps at high speeds as long as you are going in a straight line.

The S550 mustangs can honestly be built clumsy and fast in a straight line like my GT500 or they can be somewhat more buttoned down like the C7. I am trying to build mine more like that . Fast from a dig with good braking and handling and buttoned down when going fast with less heat soak etc....just seems more fun to me.

I don't think a dodge is the best choice in that regard. The Camaro might even be better than a mustang but I'll take a mustang for its after market and heritage and "happy medium" practicalities.

Your mileage may vary.

One very. interesting thing is that the new GT500 seems to be bringing with it the promise of doing both. A "cake and eat it to" car that no dodge or Camaro has ever achieved with the nearest challenger being a ZL1 or even more realistic.... a Z06 with the Z07 package

The idea if a true Z06/Z07 competitor repackaged in a more practical 4 seater with a usable trunk wrapped in American Muscle and attitude is the unicorn I've been waiting for. Too bad one other requirement won't be met (that it be affordable)
Sponsored

Last edited: