Sponsored

Frank Talk About Headers Requested

Furiousone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Shelby GT350
This is a good, timely thread bump....I'm looking at this mod as well. Thanks for all of the feedback.
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
For those of you that have the ARH long system, how far back do you cut into the factory system? Is it well-past the factory resonators? Thanks!

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
seat of the pants dyno - not as much gain as going to e85 NA. Cat removal has been pretty well proven to be worth 9hp, so look at header gains and consider this when they have long tubes with no cats.

sound, subjective. I do have stainless works and they are a bit raspy for my liking with OEM exhaust. Cold starts are especially brutal. I have the cats on, but they are coming off.

I wanted to lower boost pressure slightly and improve the Whipple power output, So I would probably do it again. I would not consider stainless works again as when working with them on transport delay they had no idea what I was talking about. So they apparently design / create these without a whole lot of modeling in terms of temp, velocity etc. I understand they are not OEM, but I did expect them to have a fundamental idea of how their product changed the exhaust properties especially over stock. I think they just made them to fit.

Fuel trims needed some tuning as the car did not want to learn a real good transfer delay on its own. I would get some nasty (+7 -7) back and forth when the cat logic switches it rich / lean. Another reason the cats are coming off. I will also disable COT. It might be their cats also. Whipple confirmed they had other reported issues with SW. They recommended Kooks but it was already too late at that point.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
You are running the header/x-pipe with no cats or resonators, correct? Do you have a sound clip?
There is a clip on the second post of this thread.

Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How much difference in HP is between cat delete and completely full header setup?

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
How much difference in HP is between cat delete and completely full header setup?
I wondered this too. What I can tell you is that its a night and day difference in how the car runs.

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
Is anyone running kooks or ARH with the ATAK?

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Absolutely in love with the high pitched scream of this full ARH setup and very tempted to drop the 3K+ to replicate this sound. Judging by those who've posted headers with stock mufflers, the sound is nothing like this which is unfortunate.

89strok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 foxbody 347, 17' GT350 Avalanche(SOLD), 2019 GT350R KR711
I recently installed a full Kooks system, LTH-o/r x pipe-kooks mufflers, I probably wont let the car touch the roads here for atleast another month but once I do ill be sure to post some wot vids. From what I can say now idle is very humble, any type of revving is very raspy and deep, the raspy-ness does over power the deep ness of it though

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I recently installed a full Kooks system, LTH-o/r x pipe-kooks mufflers, I probably wont let the car touch the roads here for atleast another month but once I do ill be sure to post some wot vids. From what I can say now idle is very humble, any type of revving is very raspy and deep, the raspy-ness does over power the deep ness of it though
Kooks mufflers are traditionally pretty high pitched, almost a zip like quality to the sound.
Sponsored