Sponsored

Buyer's remorse with the Bullitt

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
The Bullitt is the first Mustang I've owned. Over the past month I've been getting a little buyer's remorse. I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube about the M2 that I almost bought and how much fun people were having with it.

Then we got a day of 60 degree dry weather. Remorse went away completely. I used launch control and line lock for the first time. I went blazing around twisty roads. Cracked the windows and listened to the engine scream. Had an absolute blast. I just completely forgot how the weather effects driving experience and I'd probably be feeling the same way in the winter whether I bought the Mustang or the BMW.
Sponsored

N2O2HE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was in the exact same situation......M2 comp or Bullitt. After a couple of weeks, I’m still glad I went Bullitt.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I wasn't sure I would ever hear anything that sounded as good as the GT350 I traded in for this magnificent car but I was wrong. Has anyone banged the gears hard enough to catch 3rd gear?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I took mine out for the first time in over 2 weeks too since we were lucky enough to get over 40 degrees yesterday. And yeah I agree, the exhaust on this car gets me excited every time I drive it. The M2 sounds good with an exhaust, but not as good as the Bullitt in my opinion.

Sponsored

AXO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt, Ruby Red Metallic, Premium, PP, 401a
Mustang BULLITT’s standard 5.0 DOHC V8 produces 75 more horsepower (480 vs. 405) and 14 lbs.-ft. more torque (420 vs. 406) than the M2 Competition’s 3.0 turbo 6 cyl.
On the EPA test cycle the Mustang GT Fastback Auto 5.0 V8 (460 HP) gets better highway fuel mileage than the M2 Competition Auto (25 hwy vs. 23 hwy).
A ten-speed automatic is available on the Ford Mustang, for better acceleration and lower engine speed on the highway. Only a seven-speed automatic is available for the M2 Competition.
The Mustang Fastback has 3.6 inches more front legroom and 1.9 inches more front shoulder room than the M2 Competition Coupe.
J.D. Power and Associates rated the Mustang third among midsize sporty cars in owner reported satisfaction. This includes how well the vehicle performs and satisfies its owner’s expectations. The M2 Competition isn’t in the top three.
The Mustang GT Fastback handles at 1.06 G’s, while the M2 Competition Coupe pulls only .99 G’s of cornering force in a Road and Track skidpad test.
For better maneuverability, the Mustang’s turning circle is 1.9 feet tighter than the M2 Competition’s (36.5 feet vs. 38.4 feet).

Just saying.....

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I wasn't sure I would ever hear anything that sounded as good as the GT350 I traded in for this magnificent car but I was wrong. Has anyone banged the gears hard enough to catch 3rd gear?
What made you trade in the GT350 for the Bullitt?

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
What made you trade in the GT350 for the Bullitt?
There were some underlying issues that didn't settle well with me due to fear/ internet propaganda that drove me away from a car of my dreams. To be honest, I probably would have kept it had there not been the all the widespread talk about the oil usage and engine failures not to say it didn't use oil but that seemed the nature of this car.

The car was a beast to drive but below the legal speed limit was very painful as it was made to drive "like you stole it" but at the same time, it was a decent daily driver if that makes sense. After you get used to the low clearance scrubbing driveways, etc. it was like you were untouchable and that can get you into trouble so that pretty much sums it up for me and how it was easy to move to the Bullitt.

The 19 Bullitt is the next chapter in my life as I am getting older but still like to have fun too and I use to own a 01 and a 08 Bullitt and those were special cars but this one was done really well and to have some of the GT350 features is a no brainer. I really miss the gt350 but the new Bullitt is something very special!

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
There were some underlying issues that didn't settle well with me due to fear/ internet propaganda that drove me away from a car of my dreams. To be honest, I probably would have kept it had there not been the all the widespread talk about the oil usage and engine failures not to say it didn't use oil but that seemed the nature of this car.

The car was a beast to drive but below the legal speed limit was very painful as it was made to drive "like you stole it" but at the same time, it was a decent daily driver if that makes sense. After you get used to the low clearance scrubbing driveways, etc. it was like you were untouchable and that can get you into trouble so that pretty much sums it up for me and how it was easy to move to the Bullitt.

The 19 Bullitt is the next chapter in my life as I am getting older but still like to have fun too and I use to own a 01 and a 08 Bullitt and those were special cars but this one was done really well and to have some of the GT350 features is a no brainer. I really miss the gt350 but the new Bullitt is something very special!
Some of what you said about the GT350 is exactly how I feel about the Bullitt. Great description and glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about a car.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Some of what you said about the GT350 is exactly how I feel about the Bullitt. Great description and glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about a car.
I hope that it continues to bring as much joy to you as it has for me. Now go and enjoy that Bullitt!!!

I forgot to mention...Thank you for your service!

Sponsored

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Never considered an M2 but the Bullitt is a great car even compared to the GT350. It is not at the level of the GT350 but has many great things going for it. The exhaust sounds great, got lots of power, looks great.

OP
OP
RemoWilliams84

RemoWilliams84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt
I traded a BMW M2 for my Bullitt. You made the right choice. They are different beasts. The BMW is a great car, but the Bullitt feels and sounds more alive.
That's good to hear. I don't regret getting the Bullitt at all. I just have to temper my expectations when it's cold and rainy.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
The Bullitt is the first Mustang I've owned. Over the past month I've been getting a little buyer's remorse. I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube about the M2 that I almost bought and how much fun people were having with it.
You might have as much fun driving the M2, but I guarantee you will still be turning around to look at your Bullitt every time you get out of it long after you would tire of the M2's dull vapidity.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
I too was getting ready to order an M2. I had actually planned on doing a European Delivery of it for a 3-week trip to Italy. When the 2019 Bullitt was announced, I watched for the pertinent info to be revealed and then went to my dealer and had them verify that they could get one, then put a deposit on it right away and haven't regretted it since.

Took delivery of K0234 in early August and just rented an Alfa Romeo for Italy. I would have driven the M2 year-round, but the Bullitt is in winter hibernation. That does bring on separation pangs from time to time, but such is life, and I'm happy. As was said, the two cars are very different beasts, and both are great, it's just that the 2019 Bullitt is so close to exactly what I want right now that it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. What more can one ask for?
Sponsored