Sponsored

My new 2019 Mustang EB Premium 6 Spd 250 mile feedback

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
I picked up my Mustang 9 days ago, getting used to the clutch and shifting the 6 speed. I am loving everything about this car. I am moving from 2014 VW Jetta GLI Autobahn because I was bored with it. Mustang makes me feel excited again about driving something fun. Steering feels solid, cornering and acceleration is strong even though it's a 4 cylinder Turbo. I don't feel any turbo lag at all. I think you get a lot of car and features with EB Premium. I decided against the 5.0 because I really wouldn't get to use all the potential of the 5.0 engine, unless I drove on tracks 100%. There are two things I will miss from the GLI. (1) Inside the trunk grab-handle spot to close the trunk as this keeps your hands clean. (2) When unlocking trunk, it's springs opens it all the way up. You don't have to lift it up. Otherwise it's perfect.
Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Congrats on the car, I got a call december from the dealer, he had a 19, ecoboost premium, also manual, for 24k. is that a good price? I'm thinking about one to be a daily beater.(in a good way of course)

i know the GT with the same trim is around 32 - 33k. Huge difference

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
@thunderstrike, it's easy to install a strap inside the trunk lid so you grab that and pull it shut. Sure, it would have been nice of Ford to put it in there where it belongs, but it's just one more way to customize and do things your own unique way, right?

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the car, I got a call december from the dealer, he had a 19, ecoboost premium, also manual, for 24k. is that a good price? I'm thinking about one to be a daily beater.(in a good way of course)

i know the GT with the same trim is around 32 - 33k. Huge difference
That's a great price for Ecoboost Premium 6 spd. I would get it. It has a plenty of power, with stick. Also burns 87 octane.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@thunderstrike, it's easy to install a strap inside the trunk lid so you grab that and pull it shut. Sure, it would have been nice of Ford to put it in there where it belongs, but it's just one more way to customize and do things your own unique way, right?
Yeah, that's a great idea. I will install a strap.

Sponsored

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice to hear feedback on an EB. A previous co-worker traded in a Golf R for a EB automatic. He loves his EB. EB is the way to go if you are not don't use all the potential of the GT. I got the base GT as the price was so low but I drive it very gently and still get pretty good gas mileage- 26. I like the sound more than anything. I really like that you can run 87 octane in both the EB and GT's. It was a huge selling point for me to decide on the Mustang versus a Camaro SS- which premium is required.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
That's a great price for Ecoboost Premium 6 spd. I would get it. It has a plenty of power, with stick. Also burns 87 octane.
Yeah, but 93 oct will give you the whole 310hp. I felt the difference after I changed fuel. It’s a 15gal tank, so full tank at $3 is $45.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How about some pics OP?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I test drove a base EB manual but I'm sure the dealer had 87 gas in it. I was a bit underwhelmed. It was ok, On premium gas, I'm sure it would have felt more lively. Then I tested a GT base manual. I was very impressed. The sound alone was like OMG...pure heaven. Considering my base GT manual was just under $29K, no brainer for me to get the GT. But I wanted a base manual specifically as there's nothing in the premium that was worth it to me for the extra cost.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I test drove a base EB manual but I'm sure the dealer had 87 gas in it. I was a bit underwhelmed. It was ok, On premium gas, I'm sure it would have felt more lively. Then I tested a GT base manual. I was very impressed. The sound alone was like OMG...pure heaven. Considering my base GT manual was just under $29K, no brainer for me to get the GT. But I wanted a base manual specifically as there's nothing in the premium that was worth it to me for the extra cost.
I wish they had a Base GT with the digital cluster option. As a millenial I want the latest tech

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I wish they had a Base GT with the digital cluster option. As a millenial I want the latest tech
You can add the digital cluster if you really want one. I added one to my 18 GT back in November. Best mod i ever did to the car.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
You can add the digital cluster if you really want one. I added one to my 18 GT back in November. Best mod i ever did to the car.
Already have a 18 EB Premium full loaded, including the digital cluster. I exchanged power for tech and options. I was looking for a fully loaded GT, but couldn’t wrap my head in a 53k car. I can afford it, but couldn’t justify the extra expenses.

So far, I’m very happy with my purchase and the quality of my 4 cyl mustang.

OP
OP
thunderstrike

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but 93 oct will give you the whole 310hp. I felt the difference after I changed fuel. It’s a 15gal tank, so full tank at $3 is $45.
When I need to feel the speed and nimbleness, I take my wife's Porsche.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
That’s not even tech. That’s just a display. Couldn’t imagine passing up a GT for that. I work in IT and could care less. Those digital clusters are made for Prius customer as they should have something to distract them from the fact they’re driving a soul sucking sh1tbox.

Base GT has push button, A/C, blue tooth, power windows. All anyone needs. The rest is all gimmicks engineered to flow additional money from your wallet into huge dealer profits.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Base GT has push button, A/C, blue tooth, power windows. All anyone needs.
A 4 cyl. is all anyone needs. Don't waste your money on a GT... ;)

The digital dash is one of the coolest features outside of performance on this car. It's not just a display. The startup animation when you first get in of that pony flashing and your gauges all sliding in is super cool, and all the info and customization makes it way more than just a display.
Sponsored