Hi newbi

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
hi just wanted to say hi as I have joined the ranks, have just bought myself a 5L fastback I’m orange fury and am counting down the last 10days before I pick it up.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome Daren, and congrats!

We look forward to the collection photos :) Shout here if you have any questions on the collection process, lots to look out for!

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks, I have my detailer collecting it for me for a paint correction amd a ceramic Gtech ultra coating.

I always do this on all my cars as I’m a bit fussy.
will make for a nice few photos as the car gets a photo shoot once he’s finished.
Have been having a read up on the checks to make, I have just finished 3 years of ownership of my Ftype R which spent most of its first year getting its build completed at the dealer so I hope this isn’t the same ! The internal build quality on that was shocking!!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Congrats, look forward to seeing the photos :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks, I have my detailer collecting it for me for a paint correction amd a ceramic Gtech ultra coating.

I always do this on all my cars as I’m a bit fussy.
will make for a nice few photos as the car gets a photo shoot once he’s finished.
Have been having a read up on the checks to make, I have just finished 3 years of ownership of my Ftype R which spent most of its first year getting its build completed at the dealer so I hope this isn’t the same ! The internal build quality on that was shocking!!
Ooh a detail, coating & a photo shoot - that's what I like to hear! Fussy as me :)

In general build quality is good with these, but as always there are some that slip through the net - mine included; with a water leak. Only tip I'd give is be careful where you take it - some dealerships are shockingly bad when it comes to the after sales service, but there are a few gooduns.

Sponsored

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
Welcome - had mine for 6 months now without any problem

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Welcome dude. Joined myself a couple if weeks back. There is plenty to read and get your head round in the old posts.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. As most have said the cars are overall very reliable but some have had issues.

Look forward to seeing some pics.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No issues with mine. Orange Fury seems to be a very popular colour at the moment

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
hi just wanted to say hi as I have joined the ranks, have just bought myself a 5L fastback I’m orange fury and am counting down the last 10days before I pick it up.
Welcome and enjoy your new car !!

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Coming from a Jag I think you may be disappointed on the build quality side of things, But on the other hand the Mustang makes up for that with its looks and it’s noise!

OP
OP
Bigkid

Bigkid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daren
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
As surprising as this may be the jag build quality is very poor for a 90k car, the car is completely mental when it comes to its engine but mine had the interior ripped out twice due to noise from the door panels and dash, had a new dash display as it failed, window trims peeled off as the glue failed and it’s had its windows replaced twice due to scoring because of window seals being to tight.
The boot leaked because the glue used to seal the rubber seals all failed and it had a faulty radiator cap. Oh and I almost forgot all the speakers where changed as they failed and the radio off switch broke and wouldn’t let me turn the radio down of off for a week.
All that said and done it’s an amazing car to drive and requires absolute respect when driving it or it will kill you !

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mustangs tend not to kill you but watch out for crowds

Lowrider Lincoln

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang - Shadow Edition, Triple Yellow '72 Lincoln - Lowrider '72 Gran Torino Sport '79 Firebird
Welcome here BigKid [Daren]. Nice choice of colour, one of my favourites from from the facelift S550s. Generally Fords build quality is probably below Jaguars...But the road presence and the fun of driving and owning a Mustang more than make up for it. :like:

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
Regarding Ford's built quality ..... All brand new...

I bought a Mondeo in 2015 never had an issue with it, some of the interior alignment was a bit off (most notably dash to door alignment on the passenger side was a few mm out) mechanically and exterior panel wise it was spot on. Built in Spain.

That's was followed in late 2016 by a Focus ST. It was built like a tank. Never had a single issue inside or out, the car was literally perfectly built..... in Germany.

My wife has a Fiesta ST 200, perfect, not a single issue. Built in Germany.

Mustang, I love the car like we all do but it's a bit shaky in places. I know a guy who restores old cars for a hobby and he looked at the repairs to mine after the accident last year and told me he thought the repairs were better quality than the factory panels, pointing out better finished seams and alignment.

JLR cars wouldn't touch one with someone's else's money, I've heard loads of first hand horror stories and full on rejections of brand new £80k plus vehicles.
Sponsored

Last edited: