Sponsored

Stage 2 ProCharger kit with P-1X (901 rwhp)

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Ok..so the 867@15 psi was in the 3.6 pulley...correct? If so you should be close to 900 on 3.4.
Sponsored

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Ok..so the 867@15 psi was in the 3.6 pulley...correct? If so you should be close to 900 on 3.4.
No the 867 was with the 3.4 pulley.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Um... boost = pressure.

PSI = Pounds per Square Inch.

Use the headers if you are in a state that can accept them.

It’s not so much about the max power, but getting the same power with less boost. Headers will help with that since they ease the flow of exhaust pressure. With the added intake pressure from the blower, a more efficient outlet makes tons of sense.

The current GT manifolds are great. But some aftermarket headers are notably better.

Less pressure = happier engine over time.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I had been trying to get a P1x complete non tuner kit for a 19 a while ( so I could use warranty ) finally gave up and ordered a TVS 2650 :( sad day I loved my Prochargers I still have my -94 on a BBC and it's perfect ....
For a street car I disagree a bit with ProchargerTech in the same way he dismisses boost as a restriction of flow ( especially with VCT) I dismoss that mid range power he says you loose running a larger blower turned down, in that on most street cars especially oeaky Coyote A10 talk gear ones....with nominal traction ( tires and less than favorable surfaces wink wink ) the lack of mid range with an A10 keeping her right in the sweet spot once she reaches 7500 is better....until your NOT traction limited and can launch full tilt and not spin a lick I'll trade low end for peak power esp in a combination ( Coyote A10) that quite literally has that build philosophy....that's why people can take a bone stock 19 A10 to the track and run 11s on all seasons...you could put a 392 hemi at same weight and not do it because wheel spin would become an issue right away.....while your over there stomping it and chirping tires they would be boiling them....extrapolated out to their Whipple vs your peaky low mid range but super high speed HP.......I'll take to big a blower I and the chassis grow into on most daily drivers........because those Dyno numbers you lose in mid range torque directly correlates to making your car hook ....till you can use it all and need more.....just a bit of nuance ....if I was gonna drive around on true drag pack 15s and a drag radials sure give me that " punch" otherwise I'll take the low torque high peak numbers and usually lower IAT of a slightly larger blower turned down ....

All their new line up is SO stellar sucks I couldn't get a tune for them for P1x or D1x....and my 19....

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I had been trying to get a P1x complete non tuner kit for a 19 a while ( so I could use warranty ) finally gave up and ordered a TVS 2650 :( sad day I loved my Prochargers I still have my -94 on a BBC and it's perfect ....
For a street car I disagree a bit with ProchargerTech in the same way he dismisses boost as a restriction of flow ( especially with VCT) I dismoss that mid range power he says you loose running a larger blower turned down, in that on most street cars especially oeaky Coyote A10 talk gear ones....with nominal traction ( tires and less than favorable surfaces wink wink ) the lack of mid range with an A10 keeping her right in the sweet spot once she reaches 7500 is better....until your NOT traction limited and can launch full tilt and not spin a lick I'll trade low end for peak power esp in a combination ( Coyote A10) that quite literally has that build philosophy....that's why people can take a bone stock 19 A10 to the track and run 11s on all seasons...you could put a 392 hemi at same weight and not do it because wheel spin would become an issue right away.....while your over there stomping it and chirping tires they would be boiling them....extrapolated out to their Whipple vs your peaky low mid range but super high speed HP.......I'll take to big a blower I and the chassis grow into on most daily drivers........because those Dyno numbers you lose in mid range torque directly correlates to making your car hook ....till you can use it all and need more.....just a bit of nuance ....if I was gonna drive around on true drag pack 15s and a drag radials sure give me that " punch" otherwise I'll take the low torque high peak numbers and usually lower IAT of a slightly larger blower turned down ....

All their new line up is SO stellar sucks I couldn't get a tune for them for P1x or D1x....and my 19....
You picked an entirely different blower because you couldn’t get the blower Co’s tune?

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
You picked an entirely different blower because you couldn’t get the blower Co’s tune?
Yes.....because if you don't use the tune from procharger there is no warranty....now I have 3/36k on a new 19 with 1300 miles on it......
Now it's also hecause I have a lifetime of GM experiance and changing platforms and with the issues on the Gen3, I'm more gun-shy had it been say a LS I would have rolled the dice as I already have spare parts and the knowledge of building and tuning them....it's quite a steep learning curve from pushrod LS to 4V double over head cam with VCT when browsing thru my stock tune...hehe....

Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I may not have been clear enough sure I wanted a D1x ( or p1x)complete with their tune so that I could buy the power train warranty which is a stipulation of said warranty......because I am new to s550 and the Coyote in general and with the issues on the Gen3 I would have felt a bit more comfortable with some protection whereas with a GM product I would have rolled the dice on a tuner kit and hooked my MPVi2 up and got started with the largest pulley they offer......and worked down....
So I felt compelled to buy a different vendor blower kit and in doing so received a 3/36 on blower and up to $16,500 coverage on power train using their stock canned tune which should stress the combination, find weak points, while giving me a little more time to learn to log, tune, and gather parts for a forged short block at a more relaxed pace....lol....

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Yes.....because if you don't use the tune from procharger there is no warranty....now I have 3/36k on a new 19 with 1300 miles on it......
Now it's also hecause I have a lifetime of GM experiance and changing platforms and with the issues on the Gen3, I'm more gun-shy had it been say a LS I would have rolled the dice as I already have spare parts and the knowledge of building and tuning them....it's quite a steep learning curve from pushrod LS to 4V double over head cam with VCT when browsing thru my stock tune...hehe....
Fair enough... makes sense.

My 2018 got twin turbos with 3000 miles on it.

If she blows, she blows and I’ll have to build a motor.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Fair enough... makes sense.

My 2018 got twin turbos with 3000 miles on it.

If she blows, she blows and I’ll have to build a motor.
That would normally be my attitude but I have reason ( in my inexperienced mind) to believe that I already have a few issues ....so I'm at least , I hope buying time for this steep learning curve and gather a few parts......omg which twins you have high mount? My God what that must feel like

Leshik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oksana
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10r80
So basically if u want anything above 800-900 whp P1x will do the job and still maintain that nice midrange torque for daily car? And if any thing above 1000 d1x is better?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
So basically if u want anything above 800-900 whp P1x will do the job and still maintain that nice mid-range torque for daily car? And if any thing above 1000 d1x is better?
Kinda..800-900 is basically maxing out or at least at the very top of the range for the P1X.... 800 up is where the D1X starts. So if you are in the middle like me its a tough choice. I have the P1 not X and am at 800...getting all I can out of it currently with out over spinning it. Was torn between P1X and D1X but knowing I have a forged short block in the future ready to go Beefcake talked me in to not limiting myself and giving room to grow. With that the only thing holding me back will be a fuel system.
Sponsored