Sponsored

Emissions readiness monitor NOT set

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Same issue and Lund isn't much help. All my monitors are fine except O2 and HO2. My exhaust is stock. This is frustrating beyond belief and can't get my car to pass emissions.
Been through this before. Do you have a mid pipe that's larger than normal or a cat back? you may not believe it but that right there is enough to cause your problems. been through it. the ONLY thing that worked is go back to complete stock. even with the stock tune the car would not set ready the heated and 02 sensors therefore it would not pass. shop kept telling me the mid pipe you have shouldn't matter (i had an after cat 3" mid pipe) but I said can you swap it out and see for the stock H pipe. This was on a 2012 5.0. I'd say within 20 miles they were all green and "ready".
Sponsored

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
did anyone figure this out? I am having trouble getting the HO2, O2, and catalyst monitors to set.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been battling this for a 2 years now. No solution other than to pull the blower off the car and it will pass all the monitors within 100 (probably less actually) miles of driving. I’ve put over 5000 miles on 3 different revision emissions tunes and the O2 and HO2 monitors will never turn green. The only easy thing I haven’t tried is taking the belt off the blower, been wondering if that would do it. Funny I don’t want to drive the car with the belt off the supercharger for some damn reason.

For some reason I think it has to do with the larger injectors and of course the tune, I’m wondering if the tune makes the car run more rich than the factory tune. Also no problems with the 3” Solo catback exhaust, passes fine when the factory tune is on the car.

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
Been battling this for a 2 years now. No solution other than to pull the blower off the car and it will pass all the monitors within 100 (probably less actually) miles of driving. I’ve put over 5000 miles on 3 different revision emissions tunes and the O2 and HO2 monitors will never turn green. The only easy thing I haven’t tried is taking the belt off the blower, been wondering if that would do it. Funny I don’t want to drive the car with the belt off the supercharger for some damn reason.

For some reason I think it has to do with the larger injectors and of course the tune, I’m wondering if the tune makes the car run more rich than the factory tune. Also no problems with the 3” Solo catback exhaust, passes fine when the factory tune is on the car.
Putting the car back to stock is not an option as I do not have time to take everything off. The headers alone are a huge pita. The only difference between OP and I is that I'm catless. I'm wondering if I put high flow cats on if it will help the monitors set.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Putting the car back to stock is not an option as I do not have time to take everything off. The headers alone are a huge pita. The only difference between OP and I is that I'm catless. I'm wondering if I put high flow cats on if it will help the monitors set.
Yeah, tell me about it, not looking forward to removing mine again, although it’s not all that bad, but still sucks having to do this every year. I don’t think the OP ever got his to pass, said his state allowed a waiver, mine doesn’t so that sucks. I have factory cats installed, thought that would allow me to pass when I bought my kit, but no such luck.

Sponsored

392lightning

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible
I just went through the same thing. My car wouldn't pass New York inspection. My O2 sensors would never go ready. I am running an Edelbrock blower and have custom tunes from Lund and PBD. Even with the so called "emission" tunes the O2 sensors never would go green. I drove hundreds of miles on each tune following the Ford drive cycle. Nothing worked. Luckily I contacted Edelbrock and requested the stage 2 tune that was close to the injector and TB size I was running. After 2 days of driving on that Edelbrock CARB legal tune the O2 sensors set and went green.
The problem was completely in the custom tune for me.

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
I just went through the same thing. My car wouldn't pass New York inspection. My O2 sensors would never go ready. I am running an Edelbrock blower and have custom tunes from Lund and PBD. Even with the so called "emission" tunes the O2 sensors never would go green. I drove hundreds of miles on each tune following the Ford drive cycle. Nothing worked. Luckily I contacted Edelbrock and requested the stage 2 tune that was close to the injector and TB size I was running. After 2 days of driving on that Edelbrock CARB legal tune the O2 sensors set and went green.
The problem was completely in the custom tune for me.
I'm thinking it's because I'm catless, as well as the tune. There are plenty of catless cars where I am and they're passing with out issue. For some reason mine won't go green. I ordered cats and I'm going to try a new tune and see what happens. If it doesn't work then its going back to stock.

TyrFryr_5.0h

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP
I just got my Whipple build finally done. I had the final tune revision last week and the car made 809 wheel. I specifically told the tuner I had to pass emissions, he stated it shouldn't be an issue. I went to the state inspection and was told I had TOO MANY UNSET READINESS CODES .

After the horror stories on here I am terrified of being unable to get them to set. I found the drive cycle in the manual and will do it a couple times this weekend and hope they flip on.

I recieved the following print out:facepalm:
20191125-200042_p0.jpg
EC19538C-DA80-44C4-B2B8-85C11B3FC801.png

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Bartley,

I literally just read 16 pages worth of posts on your entire experience in the winter of 2017 / January 2018.

Reading what you went through scares the shit out of me. I just got a tune last week and have only put 300 miles on the car since then. I am hoping mine will magically reset, but I'm not hopeful. I thought I saw that Rob from PBD was able to get your monitors to turn green for inspection with the x4 you bought from beefcake??? If they're still red (like you states above) how did you pass?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Bartley,

I literally just read 16 pages worth of posts on your entire experience in the winter of 2017 / January 2018.

Reading what you went through scares the shit out of me. I just got a tune last week and have only put 300 miles on the car since then. I am hoping mine will magically reset, but I'm not hopeful. I thought I saw that Rob from PBD was able to get your monitors to turn green for inspection with the x4 you bought from beefcake??? If they're still red (like you states above) how did you pass?
I was able to pass the first year probably because the tech doing the test wasn’t paying attn. Last year I failed with same tune on the X4. never had them go green with either X4 or nGauge tunes.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm thinking it's because I'm catless, as well as the tune. There are plenty of catless cars where I am and they're passing with out issue. For some reason mine won't go green. I ordered cats and I'm going to try a new tune and see what happens. If it doesn't work then its going back to stock.
Cats won't make a difference. I've had catted longtubes on for ages and 3 different tunes I switch between (93, flex, E85) and all 3 have the same result catless or catted. It's something in the tune.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
2016, stock tune, stock cats and even with stock box - same issue. Won’t go ready, been this way for the past 2 years. Only thing still not stock is the x-pipe-suitcase removed.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
2016, stock tune, stock cats and even with stock box - same issue. Won’t go ready, been this way for the past 2 years. Only thing still not stock is the x-pipe-suitcase removed.
Have you talked to a Ford dealer about this? If you're on the stock tune, stock cats, and stock intake box, you should for sure be able to pass emissions. A resonator delete shouldn't have any effect on passing emissions. Which readiness monitors won't ready themselves?

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
Have not, as I try to avoid the dealer. History: Car has F150 intake manifold still installed also.

Was tuned with E85 and showed same “not ready” status. Program back to stock and still “not ready”. Remove Air Raid intake and still “not ready”. Used SCT canned tune (93) and still “not ready”. Every now and then I get a P0171 and P0174 lean code but no drive ability issues.

So as it sits currently, it has F150 intake manifold, deleted suitcase (Xpipe) and an air raid intake running a canned SCT 93 tune and “not ready”

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
If you're running the F150 manifold with the stock tune, that would be my guess as to why some monitors won't ready themselves. However, I don't have any experience with the F150 manifold, but maybe someone who does will chime in here.

Deleted suitcase/x-pipe and Air Raid intake won't matter, as the x-pipe is after the cats and assuming that (a) the intake retained all of the vacuum connections as stock and (b) the stock throttle body is being used.

Which IM monitors won't go ready? If you have the SCT X4, I would think that it should show you which monitors are ready or not. If you can figure out which monitor(s) aren't ready, that should help point you to the issue.
Sponsored