Depreciation/long-term value?

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
My dealership is still offering me $60K for my RARE :) 1800 mile base GT 350 .

I paid $66K new, will be considering swapping for a '18 GT 350 when we get some official info from Ford.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I don't necessarily disagree, but it is a wait and see game. It depends on the regional market as well, even the new cars have softened so it goes to show why it has on the use ones as well.

I know you don't necessarily mean it, but why am I smoking crack? I didn't accept the offer and know how the game is played.

FWIW, I don't think you and others with Rs will have to worry about anything as I can see the market for those always remaining strong. Unless some unforeseen outside influence changes that.
I meant it in a good way. I think and hope you'll be surprised when your cars are easily worth $40k in 5 years. Hopeful, anyway.

The Rs seem a bit more futureproof but as with all of this - speculation.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
I think they will be doing that. I doubt they have 2 separate interfaces being installed.
The digital cluster is an option on the MY18 Mustang. There will still be conventional gauge clusters (probably unchanged even from MY17). It's very unlikely they say "unchanged" to the dealers while they're signing-up/renewing for the MY18 program and then magically throw a few new features on the car, inherited from the refresh or not.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Just paint then huh?! Not even the brushed interior accents.... I find that hard to believe they will put shiny chromed parts in the 350 vs the brushed but I guess if it says paint is the only difference is guess that's what it is.

Sponsored

wangbul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Looks like Mustang GT350 will become a collectors item after all. The last of manual transmission with flat plane crank revving up to 8200RPM. Just to have high horse power Mustang has given up the essence of muscle car....RPM, Sound, and Manual control. Price of GT350 will sure skyrocket after GT500 release.

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Looks like Mustang GT350 will become a collectors item after all. The last of manual transmission with flat plane crank revving up to 8200RPM. Just to have high horse power Mustang has given up the essence of muscle car....RPM, Sound, and Manual control. Price of GT350 will sure skyrocket after GT500 release.
Wishful thinking.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Not likely because everyone now will say unless you have a 2019 or a 2020 with the new 500 block you have the old block so its not as good as the new block.
I had a 17 regular GT350 and my 18 R and had 0 issues with either of them using oil blowing up etc but internet gossip makes everyone believe all of em have issues.

Just saying because of all the negative posts of oil consumption and blown motors our cars are going to plummet in value like a bad day on wall street.

I bit the bullet and did ok trading in my R for a new 19 raptor going to sit back and wait until all the smoke clears then figure out what I am going to do.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
I feel that the reason for blown motor is not doing engine break-in correctly.

Last edited:

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Whats doing the engine correctly? If you read the numerous posts there is no rime or reason. Whether drive it just normally on the street and not hard, track it etc. Some never use oil. Some don't at first then do. Some do and after a few thousand miles don't. Some stop, start and do it all over again.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I feel that the reason for blown motor is not doing engine correctly.
Then explain my car that has 16000 miles on it, was autocrossed at 200 miles, has seen several track days, well over 150 autocross runs, and is daily driven in the nice months (Northerner). Burns oil at a perfectly acceptable rate (1'ish qt an oil change), no weird noises, and keeps on coming back for more. Just like any assembly line product, there are going to be winners and losers and we would hope that the ones that laid an egg will get well taken care of.

wangbul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
All I'm saying is that there's nothing like GT350. Do you remember how much big deal Ford made about "Flat Plane Crank" and how it compares to Ferrari and RPM revs up to 8200 etc etc when first GT350 came out? It even made Jay Leno buy a separate engine alone for his garage display. Now that Ford has gone back to cross-plane crank it appears as though the only Mustang in history with FPC will be GT350. And I'm a absolute believer of stick shift manual transmission when it comes to driving enjoyment. I tried paddle shift and it really is not the same. It is just an automatic with option to shift gear with finger levers but why bother. All cars have its share of problems but GT350 is truly unique Mustang and if it is indeed the last Mustang with manual stick shift and flat plane crank it will definitely appreciate in value. GT500 is just a car with latest transmission technology.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Sorry guys I meant to say the reason for blown motor might be not breaking in the engine correctly.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Any time a new car comes out, there are handfuls of guys in every community stating the value of their car will increase. The corvette guys are particularly bad about this, and it is never true.

This is also that time for the GT350. It won't appreciate unless you have an R maybe. It's more likely they will just hold their value.
Sponsored