TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
When it's all said 'n done, I hope your car runs as good as it looks!!!
Thank you sir

What tune you are going with? Lund?
Yes, Lund. 93 and Flex. I flashed to the base file Lund sent today and sent them back the requested logs. I downloaded VCM Scanner and was able to play back the log file. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thank you sir

Yes, Lund. 93 and Flex. I flashed to the base file Lund sent today and sent them back the requested logs. I downloaded VCM Scanner and was able to play back the log file. Pretty cool.
Hell yeah. Hope you enjoy. I am on the Lund flex as well. Dakota did mine.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking forward to it. I have heard that there is not as much bang for the buck on the 18+ but I hope I am wrong. Apparently, they are tuned pretty well by Ford from the factory, at least for 93.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking forward to it. I have heard that there is not as much bang for the buck on the 18+ but I hope I am wrong. Apparently, they are tuned pretty well by Ford from the factory, at least for 93.
Fuel quality will dictate how much timing can be added, but yes, 93 oct tunes aren't as power producing as they were for the 15-17.

OP
OP
TN GT

TN GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT Premium PP MT82
Vehicle Showcase
Fuel quality will dictate how much timing can be added, but yes, 93 oct tunes aren't as power producing as they were for the 15-17.
I tested with Ignite Red. 90% ethanol and 110 octane. It went very fast, both the car and the fuel :crackup:

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I know. 200hp top and we thought we were something. :like:

My youngest just finished her first semester of law school on a scholarship in Tuscaloosa. Never been prouder.
225hp/300tq right out of the box lol

I miss my 91. It was FBO with lots of subframe stiffening / torque box reinforcements and suspension / brakes. The car was mint. I owed it for 9 years and sold it for 4k more than I paid for it back in 1999. Wish some company would sell new old versions of those like they are doing with the bronco. That would be sweet.

The car was raw and a blast to drive. Thinking of the material the dash board was made of and how stiff the clutch was made me miss it a little less.

With that said it can't even hold a match let alone a candle to my 15.

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I bought my 2019 on September 2, 30 days after it rolled off the assembly line, and have really had no issues other than a couple of CELs, misfires, that went away on their own after some very spirited driving. I had been wanting to do the E85 tune but now I have a sort of rattle at 2-3k rpm and maybe a tick that could be normal or not. Maybe I have just read too many posts and watched too many YouTube videos.

I am willing to risk the warranty if I am dealing with an engine that is fundamentally sound but I am not sure that is the case given what I am hearing and I have heard from some very knowledgeable people that there may be a serious issue with some of these engines.

I ordered the nGauge and Lund tune today from Beefcake but I am really on the fence on whether to install or wait a few thousand more miles.

It would be great if I could just go to Ford and say something along the lines of "If this engine breaks because of a known issue I expect you to fix it and not blame it on my tune." It is aggravating for a $50k+ car and really just pisses me off if I am honest about it.

Any advice or thoughts?
What you're noting are more then one issue. I agree with the "wait till 10,000 miles" for the rattle & tick but would for sure have the dealer look at the CELs, misfires.

scottycameron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP1 Orange Fury
Thank you sir

Be sure and get the E85R tune also, huge difference on the butt dyno compard to the flex

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 16 GT 2 1/2 years now, and no problems. 37,500 miles and ready to buy a tuner. I waited to build the suspension 1st. Don't worry about your tuned pony. Enjoy.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
E85 equals cooler cylinder temps, eliminates detonation, creates more hp due to octane/timing, and cheaper than 87 pump. Questions...? ;).
Sponsored