Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.leschuck.com
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
I have a creaking/groaning/popping noise when I pull out of the garage on an uneven surface. It appears to be coming from the driver's front side. If I go in the grass, it really makes this noise as the ground is uneven.

I've done a search and it could be the front strut. Possibly a bad bushing? Control arm?

When the car is driven for a few miles this noise goes away.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I have a creaking/groaning/popping noise when I pull out of the garage on an uneven surface. It appears to be coming from the driver's front side. If I go in the grass, it really makes this noise as the ground is uneven.

I've done a search and it could be the front strut. Possibly a bad bushing? Control arm?

When the car is driven for a few miles this noise goes away.

Any thoughts?
Mine was doing the same exact thing. Had an alignment shop look it over and found a loose bolt on the control arm. My control arms were changed around four months ago for the noise. It returned due to a loose bolt. Check the lower control arms.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Mine was doing the same exact thing. Had an alignment shop look it over and found a loose bolt on the control arm. My control arms were changed around four months ago for the noise. It returned due to a loose bolt. Check the lower control arms.
Did you end up replacing the control arm all together? or was it just a loose bolt that caused this noise? having the same issue

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Did you end up replacing the control arm all together? or was it just a loose bolt that caused this noise? having the same issue
I'm having this same noise. I'm thinking it's the ball joint on the control arm. I was changing my oil and decided to have a look while the car was on jack stands. The left control arm is extremely easy to move (rotate) by hand. Whereas the passenger side requires a bit of force.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I'm having this same noise. I'm thinking it's the ball joint on the control arm. I was changing my oil and decided to have a look while the car was on jack stands. The left control arm is extremely easy to move (rotate) by hand. Whereas the passenger side requires a bit of force.
I was actually able to fix this issue without having to replace any parts. I added lubricant to every connection on the passenger side, control arm and ball joints and where I really found the fix to be was in the tie rod. there is a rubber piece around it and when I added lubricant inside that rubber piece on the tie rod after driving the car around for a bit the noise subsided.

Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I was actually able to fix this issue without having to replace any parts. I added lubricant to every connection on the passenger side, control arm and ball joints and where I really found the fix to be was in the tie rod. there is a rubber piece around it and when I added lubricant inside that rubber piece on the tie rod after driving the car around for a bit the noise subsided.

I appreciate the reply. I may give that a shot. My car is still under warranty but it's such hassle for me to drop my car off and get it serviced, I usually fix shit myself.

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the reply. I may give that a shot. My car is still under warranty but it's such hassle for me to drop my car off and get it serviced, I usually fix shit myself.
I had my car up on the lift and was inside the car turning the wheel back and forth, while my mechanic used a long screw driver to feel the vibration of where the noise was coming from. That would be my best suggestion to find out where the noise is coming from and then add lubricant to those connections.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
The front lower control arm ball joints and/or bushings on our cars can exhibit wear problems under 30k depending on how hard you drive it.
Sponsored