CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Verts

Thanks to help from Chef, I obtained PP Ecoboost front & rear swaybars.

The rear moved up from 20 mm to 21.7 mm. Running just the rear sway bar actually made the car feel more neutral than before-I liked it...but it still leaned and plowed in the corners.

i then switched the front 32 mm bar for a 32 PP bar with the mounting brackets that Ford glues to the bar.

Basically what it does shorten the torsion length of the bar from 4 feet to 1 foot. This greatly quickens the counter action to the initial leaning. However, now you will feel the bumps more than previously as you have less range of motion before the swaybar maxes out.

After the front swaybar was installed, there was another significant difference: the vert cornered much flatter. With the front bar, you still still get ultimate understeer, but it feels safe and controllable.

There are experts out there that can explain better than me...however, I know what I feel and now, the vert does not wallow as much as it used to when going through curves.

One other note, the reason why they change the front shocks with the PP front swaybar is that the shocks have to now counteract quicker, stronger reactions than previously.

It's OK as it, but I sense the front shocks will need to be replaced faster to reduce the bouncy feeling.

Well...that's the complete review. Thanks for reading.

What's up next?? There are a few more changes coming...one of them is already on order.

BTW...if someone can use the 32 mm front bar (an upgrade for non PP V-6 or ecoboost cars), let me know. I live outside of PHilly and can meet you. No charge. AS of now, I am not going to ship the front bar. The 20 mm rear bar is not an upgrade for you.

Thanks

CVCashmere
Sponsored

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:

I JUST UPGRADED THE REAR SWAY BAR AGAIN!

It is now a 22.2 mm bar off of a hardtop GT with the PP handling suspension. Note: This is larger than the 21.7 mm in the vert PP from the factory and much larger than the 20 mm bar standard on the GT!

It is now even more neutral.

The 21.7 mm bar will be made available to vert owners in a few days. This would be equal to the PP of an Ecoboost.

Modding is fun stuff!

CVCashmere

Verts

Thanks to help from Chef, I obtained PP Ecoboost front & rear swaybars.

The rear moved up from 20 mm to 21.7 mm. Running just the rear sway bar actually made the car feel more neutral than before-I liked it...but it still leaned and plowed in the corners.

i then switched the front 32 mm bar for a 32 PP bar with the mounting brackets that Ford glues to the bar.

Basically what it does shorten the torsion length of the bar from 4 feet to 1 foot. This greatly quickens the counter action to the initial leaning. However, now you will feel the bumps more than previously as you have less range of motion before the swaybar maxes out.

After the front swaybar was installed, there was another significant difference: the vert cornered much flatter. With the front bar, you still still get ultimate understeer, but it feels safe and controllable.

There are experts out there that can explain better than me...however, I know what I feel and now, the vert does not wallow as much as it used to when going through curves.

One other note, the reason why they change the front shocks with the PP front swaybar is that the shocks have to now counteract quicker, stronger reactions than previously.

It's OK as it, but I sense the front shocks will need to be replaced faster to reduce the bouncy feeling.

Well...that's the complete review. Thanks for reading.

What's up next?? There are a few more changes coming...one of them is already on order.

BTW...if someone can use the 32 mm front bar (an upgrade for non PP V-6 or ecoboost cars), let me know. I live outside of PHilly and can meet you. No charge. AS of now, I am not going to ship the front bar. The 20 mm rear bar is not an upgrade for you.

Thanks

CVCashmere

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Update:
Been driving the new sway bar-equipped Vert for over a week. It turns faster into a corner. Making a right turn from a dead stop will provide less sway and may now chirp the inside tire if you are not smooth.

The car is the most neutral car I have driven in a long time. Still has standard springs and shocks so there is still some compliance in the suspension.

This is an option you should look into.

CVCashmere

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You mentioned something in the first post about a bumpy/bouncey ride... I have the BMR minimal drop lowering springs front and back. Will I notice a significantly harsher ride quality?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What were the rear bars you were using ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
You mentioned something in the first post about a bumpy/bouncey ride... I have the BMR minimal drop lowering springs front and back. Will I notice a significantly harsher ride quality?
The bounce is from the shorter movement of the PP front sway bar. The front shocks will have to work harder to counteract the quicker motions of the front bar because now it only twists 1 foot instead of 4 ft (the bar is glued to the mounts on the body).

If you go to the PP front sway bar with those lowering springs, you should consider a stiffer shock to counteract the motion of the springs (if they are stiffer) and the sway bars.

If not, do what I do and wait some more miles then replace the shocks with Steedas.

CVCashmere

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
What were the rear bars you were using ?
I went from a 20.0 MM bar to a 21.7 mm bar and now, just put on the 22.2 mm bar off a hardtop GT PP 2015 Mustang.

Do not put on a 22.2 rear bar unless you put on the stiffer PP front sway bar. You can get by with the original front sway bar and add the 21.7 mm bar.

I will be putting Steeda shocks on some day and may/may not switch out the springs to the PP version. Right now, it actually rides soft unless you go over uneven bumps-then the sway bars kick in.

I am using the standard end links and all Ford parts.

The 21.7 mm rear bar will be made available locally-I would like to recoup some of the cost of buying the 22.2 mm bar, but if a vert owner wants it, let me know.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The bounce is from the shorter movement of the PP front sway bar. The front shocks will have to work harder to counteract the quicker motions of the front bar because now it only twists 1 foot instead of 4 ft (the bar is glued to the mounts on the body).

If you go to the PP front sway bar with those lowering springs, you should consider a stiffer shock to counteract the motion of the springs (if they are stiffer) and the sway bars.

If not, do what I do and wait some more miles then replace the shocks with Steedas.

CVCashmere
Thanks! lots to think about over the winter....

OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Vert Owners:

If you have a "NON-PP" GT Ecoboost or V6, a quick method to improve your handling is to switch out your 20.0 mm swaybar for a larger one.

Step #1 was to install a used Ecoboost PP rear 27.7 mm bar from Chef. Improved handling-less plowing (this is the PP size for the GT PP hardtop only).
Step #2 was to install the front PP sway bar. Stiffer, bouncer ride, very flat cornering, slightly more understeer.
Step #3 was to install the rear 22.2 mm sway bar from an GT hardtop PP. Really neutral!!! Still on stock springs and shocks.

Band for the buck for suspension improvements to be considered is upgrading that puny rear sway bar for a larger one.

CVCashmere

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Vert Owners:

If you have a "NON-PP" GT Ecoboost or V6, a quick method to improve your handling is to switch out your 20.0 mm swaybar for a larger one.

Step #1 was to install a used Ecoboost PP rear 27.7 mm bar from Chef. Improved handling-less plowing (this is the PP size for the GT PP hardtop only).
Step #2 was to install the front PP sway bar. Stiffer, bouncer ride, very flat cornering, slightly more understeer.
Step #3 was to install the rear 22.2 mm sway bar from an GT hardtop PP. Really neutral!!! Still on stock springs and shocks.

Band for the buck for suspension improvements to be considered is upgrading that puny rear sway bar for a larger one.

CVCashmere
A bit confused yet... can you specify in each step whether you replaced the front or rear and what your final setup is now? Thanks..

Sponsored
OP
OP
CVCashmere

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Lorne34

FIRST...A CORRECTION. THE ECOBOOST PP REAR SWAY BAR (AND STANDARD GT BAR OFF OF A HARDTOP) IS 21.7MM (not 27.7mm). That was a typo.

Remember...I have a GT vert that came with the 20mm rear sway bar from the factory.

I would be happy to clarify. The steps you saw were the progression as I experimented.

My final setup is the PP FRONT sway bar (32mm off any PP suspension) and the PP REAR sway bar 22.2mm off of a hardtop (verts have smaller sway bars). More info-GT Verts with a PP suspension come with the 21.7mm rear sway bar.

So...you can do only Step #1 above and stop.

Or do Step #1 and #2 above and stop.

Or do Step # 2 and #3 above and have the tightest setting for your vert. This is a very neutral setting and what I drive. I love it!!!

Why do verts have smaller rear sway bars that hardtops?? Because they have 100-200 lbs more weight in the back. The weight distribution front/rear is actually better than the hardtop.

There are many posts about sway bar sizes for hardtops...less for verts.

Lastly, there are articles about what how the center of gravity changes when you lower your suspension. If you notice, Ford packages sway bars along with their lowered suspension. The system needs to work together in harmony. Steeda, etc. sell both sway bars and lowering springs so that they work together.

Since my car is not lowered and still riding on the original GT suspension, my suspension feels balanced.

Hope this helps.

CVCashmere.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne34

FIRST...A CORRECTION. THE ECOBOOST PP REAR SWAY BAR (AND STANDARD GT BAR OFF OF A HARDTOP) IS 21.7MM (not 27.7mm). That was a typo.

Remember...I have a GT vert that came with the 20mm rear sway bar from the factory.

I would be happy to clarify. The steps you saw were the progression as I experimented.

My final setup is the PP FRONT sway bar (32mm off any PP suspension) and the PP REAR sway bar 22.2mm off of a hardtop (verts have smaller sway bars). More info-GT Verts with a PP suspension come with the 21.7mm rear sway bar.

So...you can do only Step #1 above and stop.

Or do Step #1 and #2 above and stop.

Or do Step # 2 and #3 above and have the tightest setting for your vert. This is a very neutral setting and what I drive. I love it!!!

Why do verts have smaller rear sway bars that hardtops?? Because they have 100-200 lbs more weight in the back. The weight distribution front/rear is actually better than the hardtop.

There are many posts about sway bar sizes for hardtops...less for verts.

Lastly, there are articles about what how the center of gravity changes when you lower your suspension. If you notice, Ford packages sway bars along with their lowered suspension. The system needs to work together in harmony. Steeda, etc. sell both sway bars and lowering springs so that they work together.

Since my car is not lowered and still riding on the original GT suspension, my suspension feels balanced.

Hope this helps.

CVCashmere.
Thanks for the clarification.....I have the BMR minimal drop lowering springs (linear) installed front and back - I did not want to go too agressive as I felt the ride on the vert was nice, just wanted a little lower center of gravity without compromising ride quality. I was wondering about the sway bars as I still have considerable body roll going into corners... Not sure what I should install, I have not talked BMR yet- not sure if they sell the sway bars that go with the springs or go with the Ford PP sways.. concerned about getting everything out of whack. When I had my coupe I put Eibach progressives on and never felt like they worked with my stock shocks and non pp sway bars...

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
How will Ford FRPP struts and bmr slight drop springs work W/ the Eibach front and rear sway bars?

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
How will Ford FRPP struts and bmr slight drop springs work W/ the Eibach front and rear sway bars?
Unless you want to experiment, why not go with shocks and sways meant to go together as a proven package? FRPP or Steeda? The BMR SP763 springs are basically GT PP1 linear rates thus go well with FRPP Track or PP1 Upgraded shocks/stuts.

You can also try posting this question in the suspension forum in case someone has already done this.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Unless you want to experiment, why not go with shocks and sways meant to go together as a proven package? FRPP or Steeda? The BMR SP763 springs are basically GT PP1 linear rates thus go well with FRPP Track or PP1 Upgraded shocks/stuts.

You can also try posting this question in the suspension forum in case someone has already done this.
Well I have the FRPP springs also as a back up.
Sponsored