Sponsored

NASTY squeaking from rear suspension !!! Thoughts ?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Contact Kelly (@BMR Tech) and he’ll be able to help you. Idk if the toe rods can cause a creak noise but I have had both of my stock camber arms introduce a creaking noise. The passenger side first then the driver side later. I would look at both those things. I’m by no means an expert but I’ve had my fair share of creaks and clunks from modding my suspension (a lot).
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Kelly (@BMR Tech) and he’ll be able to help you. Idk if the toe rods can cause a creak noise but I have had both of my stock camber arms introduce a creaking noise. The passenger side first then the driver side later. I would look at both those things. I’m by no means an expert but I’ve had my fair share of creaks and clunks from modding my suspension (a lot).
They most certainly can.
If you have the FR toe/knuckle bearing installed as well, you should be able to rotate the toe rod by hand. If not, it’s time for some magic spray.
I got sick of it and chucked some Seals-it RERS3 boots on them. No dramas since.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
They most certainly can.
If you have the FR toe/knuckle bearing installed as well, you should be able to rotate the toe rod by hand. If not, it’s time for some magic spray.
I got sick of it and chucked some Seals-it RERS3 boots on them. No dramas since.
I did have the BMR toe rods and the FRPP bearing and I had some issues with clunking. I ended up switching back to the stock toe links and it was fine. Wish I had known about those boots back then. Oh well.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did have the BMR toe rods and the FRPP bearing and I had some issues with clunking. I ended up switching back to the stock toe links and it was fine. Wish I had known about those boots back then. Oh well.
For me it was more of a grinding/squeaking sound. Not so much a clunk.
The boots are worth their weight in gold. Why BMR don’t supply them is beyond me.
Not knocking BMR, the product is generally damn good, but boots would lift it to “exceptional”.

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For me it was more of a grinding/squeaking sound. Not so much a clunk.
The boots are worth their weight in gold. Why BMR don’t supply them is beyond me.
Not knocking BMR, the product is generally damn good, but boots would lift it to “exceptional”.
I'll get some of those boots and I guess i'll have to undo the camber arm. Just hate to since my camber will be out of alignment once I undo it.

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mike, form Steeda, reached out to me and is sending me the correct grease needed to lubricate the Derlin bushings. My car is a DD in the northeast and will need for me to lubricate the bushings at least once per year. Salt and brine they apply on the roads here is rough on suspension lubricants.

I want to thank Steeda for their excellent customer service!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Mike, form Steeda, reached out to me and is sending me the correct grease needed to lubricate the Derlin bushings. My car is a DD in the northeast and will need for me to lubricate the bushings at least once per year. Salt and brine they apply on the roads here is rough on suspension lubricants.

I want to thank Steeda for their excellent customer service!

Just an FYI for those who live in harsh or all-seasonal locations:
Having owned MANY Mustangs over the years and having upgraded parts to aftermarket, such as suspension components - I got tired of either the pre-packaged grease that came with the parts, or using the “standard” automotive grease. The problem is over time, that standard grease breaks down or becomes washed out due to snow, snow/salt, excessive rainy months and just accrued miles on daily drivers. It doesn’t last for shit and who wants to constantly service suspension parts.

Years ago, after doing further research online and comparing different types of grease, anytime I have had to use a grease for bushings, pivot points, control arms, etc. I have resorted to using Marine grease. Marine grease has the same if not better properties AND is engineered to withstand excessive water wear/tear. Ever since using it, I’ve never had to service or re-grease any such areas of the car. When I redid the suspension of my Cobra with aftermarket parts, every lube point has Marine grease and that has now been over 10yrs without any re-service, squeaks, creaks or other such noises. It works excellent on urethane, rubber, Delrin or metal parts. Marine grease is also sold in some Automotive stores as well, so you don’t have to go to a Marine store for it. It comes in tubs as well as tubes for grease guns.

Cheers!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Another vote for marine grease. Though I do give each zerk a couple of squirts from time to time (no particular schedule, mostly just before the first track day of the season or if I'm under the car for some other reason and it's been a while since the last time).

I'm in NJ.

Norm

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Third vote for marine grease here … heard about that about 10 years ago. Another tip on sway bar bushing is to wrap the bar where the bushing goes in plumbers Teflon tape first and then grease it up. The grease will stay in place longer.

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Heres the noise im chasing. Ive been through all the bushings with grease. Pulled the camber arm today to complete grease both bushings on it. It didnt soften or change the noise. The arms looked solid and i didnt see any cracks from what i could see. Im starting to think my gas tank might be rubbing but i dunno at all. Does anyone have any ideas. Rear interior is out on the passenger side to exclude interior things causing the noise. This happens over dips and bumps in the road.

Last edited:

Deleted member 35577

Heres the noise im chasing. Ive been through all the bushings with grease. Pulled the camber arm today to complete grease both bushings on it. It didnt soften or change the noise. The arms looked solid and i didnt see any cracks from what i could see. Im starting to think my gas tank might be rubbing but i dunno at all. Does anyone have any ideas. Rear interior is out on the passenger side to exclude interior things causing the noise. This happens over dips and bumps in the road.
Did u ever find out what it was

xxchieferxx

lol@ mpg
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did u ever find out what it was
It was either the wheel bearing or the sway bar bushing. I swapped out the wheel bearing and the one i pulled out has a lot of resistance to turn. I also pulled the oem pp sway bar bushing and it was gunking up and dry. I greased it up and reinstalled it. Then no more noise. So it was either one. Im going to get the bmr rear swaybar as it has greaseable bushings.
Sponsored