Sponsored

What's This Field Service Action About?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I ran my VIN (2015 GT) on Ford's website to check for recalls and this information shows up. Anyone know what it's about?

Run your VIN here: https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

I don't think there is a recall on the 6 Gen Mustang airbags - nothing shows up on the NHTSA website when I run my VIN. This sounds like some kind of class action (lawsuit?) on non-recalled vehicles ... strange. Or is this a sign that an airbag recall will be coming soon?

My Mustang GT FSA.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also found this on Ford's website. No 2015+ Mustangs are included on the list. So I'm not sure what the Field Service Action shown above is really about.

Ford Models with Takata Airbag Recall.JPG

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Also, according to NHTSA, there are more Takata air bag recalls to be established by December 2019, but those are not officially on a “recal list” yet and not coming up in VIN searches (scroll down to paragraph starting with word “additional”):

https://www.nhtsa.gov/equipment/takata-recall-spotlight

It’s possible the FSA is a heads up to the Ford Dealer Network that a recall may be coming.

I knew when that airbag BS first came to light a couple years back it would be affecting WAY MORE vehicles than officially announced, it was inevitable since Takata was a major supplier of air bag parts to nearly all known vehicle manufactures here and abroad.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Class Action Settlement Program 19K02 Certain 2013-2016 Fusion and MKZ, 2015-2016 MKC, 2015-2017 Mustang, 2015-2018 Edge, and 2016-2018 MKX Vehicles Takata Airbag Inflator Extended Coverage
EXTENDED COVERAGE DETAILS This program extends the coverage of the front driver airbag inflator. The airbag inflator must be the failed, causal part for the extended coverage to apply. In some cases, the airbag inflator may be serviced as part of an airbag module. This module could include cosmetic covers/horn pads, horn switches, jumper harnesses, etc. but a defect with these components is not covered under this program.
The airbag inflator is expected to be the failed, causal component only if:  the airbag warning indicator has illuminated  one or more related Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) is set in the Restraints Control Module (RCM) – see DTC table below AND  Workshop Manual diagnostics have led to airbag inflator or module replacement
If diagnostics have concluded that the airbag inflator is defective based on these guidelines, refer to the Mileage and Time Limits section below to confirm if the repair is covered under this program based on vehicle mileage and time limits.
RESTRAINT CONTROL MODULE (RCM) DTCS If the airbag inflator is the failed, causal component, one or more of the following DTCs is expected to be set.
DTC Description B0001 Driver Frontal Stage 1 Deployment Control B0002 Driver Frontal Stage 2 Deployment Control
MILEAGE AND TIME LIMITS If diagnostics have concluded that the airbag inflator is defective based on the previously outlined guidelines, inflator replacement is covered for 10 years or 150,000 miles from the warranty start date of the vehicle, whichever occurs first. At a minimum, coverage is also extended through September 5, 2020, regardless of mileage

It is an extension of warranty on the air bag inflator for the drivers side air bag .

Sponsored

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^ Yep, I ran my VIN again in the link I gave in Post #1, and this is what is now shows. FSA title was changed since last night - makes more sense now. Now says extended warranty on the airbag inflator.

My Mustang GT FSA-2.jpg

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Well, my vin showed up also, called dealer, they stated they had the parts in stock and im scheduled for next Wednesday for work to be done.

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, my vin showed up also, called dealer, they stated they had the parts in stock and im scheduled for next Wednesday for work to be done.
For air bags? ... or perhaps the door latch recall? I don't think there's any official air bag recall on the 2015+ Mustangs.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
For airbag inflators.. maybe I will show up next week and they will tell it was a mistake

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For airbag inflators.. maybe I will show up next week and they will tell it was a mistake
The current info I see is that there is no official airbag recall on the 2015+ Mustangs. Guess time will tell.

How I read that Field Service Action is Ford is extending the warranty on the inflator only ... for what reason, who knows?

Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
I will report back on wednesday..

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry I can't arm chair this one . The fsa is only an extension of the warenty . So when he gets there they are going to try and up sell something .
Sponsored