Replaced Voodoo Engine

unknown internal failure, oil consumption, blown block, damaged valve train etc.

• Total voters

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, I'd look hard at the oil pressure sensor. Put your hand up there and feel it. It shouldn't spin free.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Final oil consumption test today - fail. 1 qt in a little over 200 miles, and couldn't find any appreciable leaks. So they said the next step is to tear down the motor and document the issue - have an appt in 2 weeks. Is this new policy or do they think it's the same with all cars. The service manager said they did something similar on a Fusion, but this is their first GT350 to fail the oil test. Anyone know if this is new??

Last edited:

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Final oil consumption test today - fail. 1 qt in a little over 200 miles, and couldn't find any appreciable leaks. So they said the next step is to tear down the motor and document the issue - have an appt in 2 weeks. Is this new policy or do they think it's the same with all cars. The service manager said they did something similar on a Fusion, but this is their first GT350 to fail the oil test. Anyone know if this is new??
Ouch- how many miles and how did the consumption issue start (after a certain mileage. or what)

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
That’s pretty much what GM did with the C6 Z06 head issues.
Atleast with the C6Z, Owners knew the problem and how to fix it so you had some peace of mind while owning it. The GT350 has been out for over 2 years now and owners still dont have any idea whats going on and Ford/dealers are being extremely tight lipped about it

Reactions: TDC

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Atleast with the C6Z, Owners knew the problem and how to fix it so you had some peace of mind while owning it. The GT350 has been out for over 2 years now and owners still dont have any idea whats going on and Ford/dealers are being extremely tight lipped about it
It seems to me that the most common cause of high oil consumption has been either driving style or valve seals. I agree Ford is very tight lipped, which makes it more difficult to shrug off the issues as being relatively minor.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Several suggestions that Ford has fixed a problem present in 2015-17 GT350s but haven't seen anything definite. Anyone have any reliable info? Altho a little early, any blown engines/excess oil consumption by anyone who has bought a 2018?

BoostinFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Several suggestions that Ford has fixed a problem present in 2015-17 GT350s but haven't seen anything definite. Anyone have any reliable info? Altho a little early, any blown engines/excess oil consumption by anyone who has bought a 2018?
This was already mentioned, a few times... there are some 18's that had issues... But we don't know when did Ford implement "the fix" in the 18's.

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
2nd engine issue here and replacement likely (my last engine was replaced in late 17). Took car in for throttle hesitation, couldn't hold cruise control, and mis-fire code. Dealer did compression test and two cylinder rings are shot. First engine issue I thought was OPG, but now makes me believe there is some other underlying cause. What is the prevailing thesis (valve seals, cylinder rings?)?

syzygy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
My engine seized after 1,000 miles. #2 bearing. No oil consumption issues that I was aware of. Catch can had a normal amount in there. I am pretty sure there were either oiling issues, or manufacturing issues.
When I was at the dealer collecting the last of my things from the car (I lemon'd it), there was a 2017 GT350 there with a bad motor too- engine was knocking badly from what they said.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
Looks like mine is going in for dealer motor tear down this weekend. Anyone else get a loaner when their car was in for multiple weeks? Dealer says 4 weeks at least

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Looks like mine is going in for dealer motor tear down this weekend. Anyone else get a loaner when their car was in for multiple weeks? Dealer says 4 weeks at least
i was not offered one, but they knew i had a jeep to drive at home. in hindsight, i'd ask for one just so the longer they have your car, the longer you have their's. good luck in your replacement

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I had an escape? for a month. (not for a engine). It was laughably slow but I didnt hate it.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I had a Fiesta for a few days, but I didn't feel like dying on my long commute so I gave it back and drove my F150. I was fortunate to have three cars though and the GT350 was the fun car.