Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I see a lot of x pipes. Wondering if anyone has gone with an H pipe? If so, any sound clips?
There were a few people that purchased them during the pre-build sale but only one person (that I am aware of) has posted a video. It was just at start up, backed into owners garage as the video appears. I did NOT care for it at all, but the garage may have distorted the sound. It is located on FB GT350 Owners Group. Search for H-pipe I believe.
Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
There were a few people that purchased them during the pre-build sale but only one person (that I am aware of) has posted a video. It was just at start up, backed into owners garage as the video appears. I did NOT care for it at all, but the garage may have distorted the sound. It is located on FB GT350 Owners Group. Search for H-pipe I believe.
I remember reading something recently, I think on SVT Performance, the H-Pipe sounded like complete garbage. I'm almost positive there is a thread on it.

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have the Shifteck h pipe on my car and it sounds fine to me. Previously I had the resonators cut out with just straight pipes When I added the cat delete mid pipes, it was loud as you can imagine but very raspy in the higher rpm band. I ordered the H pipe to see if it would reduce it some and if not, to then see if I needed to start looking at a full catback to reduce the raspiness. I did the pre order as well so the price was good and not much of a loss if it did not work out. Luckily the raspiness has been reduced with the install of the H pipe at WOT and it has a slightly deeper tone at idle. It is really hard to capture the sound in a clip because it is pretty damn loud with the cat delete and h pipe set up so the distortion in a clip is greatly enhanced. Had a friend who told me he honestly did not like the sound of the previous exhaust setup and he likes this setup better. BTW he has a 700 rwhp 2013 VMP Coyote with no cats, Roush catback and GT500 mufflers.

Sponsored

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have the Shifteck h pipe on my car and it sounds fine to me. Previously I had the resonators cut out with just straight pipes When I added the cat delete mid pipes, it was loud as you can imagine but very raspy in the higher rpm band. I ordered the H pipe to see if it would reduce it some and if not, to then see if I needed to start looking at a full catback to reduce the raspiness. I did the pre order as well so the price was good and not much of a loss if it did not work out. Luckily the raspiness has been reduced with the install of the H pipe at WOT and it has a slightly deeper tone at idle. It is really hard to capture the sound in a clip because it is pretty damn loud with the cat delete and h pipe set up so the distortion in a clip is greatly enhanced. Had a friend who told me he honestly did not like the sound of the previous exhaust setup and he likes this setup better. BTW he has a 700 rwhp 2013 VMP Coyote with no cats, Roush catback and GT500 mufflers.
When you add the cat delete pipe of course this will slightly change the final sound also, not just make it louder. I cannot go cat delete due to emissions testing in my state. Are you the one who posted the video for the H pipe install which gives the sound after install? It shows the car in the garage revving up. Myself and many others would like a sound clip of a drive by like the guy in FL which did the sound clip for the Corsa x pipe. He did start up and many street drive-byes. Are you able to create any drive bye sound clips?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
The Shifteck pipe has the option of the O2 extensions which do not cause a CEL so the car will pass emissions. I have had the pipe on for over 3K miles and no CEL light. In regards to the H pipe addition, that was not me that had the video of the install and sound in the garage. IMHO it is really hard to capture the sound because it is so loud with the car deletes and h pipe when revved up, it distorts the sound over a mic. If I take the car out this week, I will see if I can capture an idle sound clip with both the valves closed and open.

Creedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
In my state they check for them. They have the mirrored handle they use to look under.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
And why the hell is the Corsa twice the price of others? I understand that a couple of brands are made from 409 ss, but there are a couple of brands made from 304 ss, and still half the damn price.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
My shifteck came yesterday, but have to wait a few more days to get the car back. Assume everyone cuts off the smaller diameter "neck" sections on the short side of the x-pipe?

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the shiftech and the sound. I ordered one.. the seam/weld was split.. the diameter of the pipe did not match up, etc.. the quality was not what I was looking for. They did honor the return minus the restock fee.

The car has a nice / better x pipe then some of the aftermarket ones.. This is what I ended up with.. Does this vary much from other setups on the board??
ha3zPSUzRTO%DLfdukUmww.jpg

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
I would be interested in your thoughts of the quality of the shiftech and the sound. I ordered one.. the seam/weld was split.. the diameter of the pipe did not match up, etc.. the quality was not what I was looking for. They did honor the return minus the restock fee.

The car has a nice / better x pipe then some of the aftermarket ones.. This is what I ended up with.. Does this vary much from other setups on the board??
ha3zPSUzRTO%DLfdukUmww.jpg
Got a sound clip or video of that setup?
Sponsored