Sponsored

TYRE HELP PLEASE

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Right People, I need some help please.

After nearly 3 years on Mustang ownership I have finally decided upon getting a set of the following wheels for the car;

MRR Design M350 flow forged wheels in 19" and will be getting 10" fronts and 11" rears.

These are replica GT350 wheels.

Now my issue and this is where I need some help. My car has been lowered and is sitting on Eibach springs and I do not have any spacers fitted. The issue is Tyre Sizes.

According to the JW Racing website, the recommended tyre sizes for these wheels are 285/35/19 and 295/35/19.

Now I have found the tyres and am ready to order but i dont know if by using these sizes I am going to end up with a bigger gap than I already have under the arches or do i go 295 fronts and 305 rears ???

Obviously I dont want to make an expensive mistake in either buying new rubber and its no good size wise or its going to rub.

Any suggestions on this guys and if anyone has a set of these wheels on there car can you post up some pictures.

thanks
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Right People, I need some help please.

After nearly 3 years on Mustang ownership I have finally decided upon getting a set of the following wheels for the car;

MRR Design M350 flow forged wheels in 19" and will be getting 10" fronts and 11" rears.

These are replica GT350 wheels.

Now my issue and this is where I need some help. My car has been lowered and is sitting on Eibach springs and I do not have any spacers fitted. The issue is Tyre Sizes.

According to the JW Racing website, the recommended tyre sizes for these wheels are 285/35/19 and 295/35/19.

Now I have found the tyres and am ready to order but i dont know if by using these sizes I am going to end up with a bigger gap than I already have under the arches or do i go 295 fronts and 305 rears ???

Obviously I dont want to make an expensive mistake in either buying new rubber and its no good size wise or its going to rub.

Any suggestions on this guys and if anyone has a set of these wheels on there car can you post up some pictures.

thanks
I’m running the same size wheels and have 285/35 front and 305/35 rear.. I’m also lowered by 1” on steeda linear springs, so I’d guess our cars will be similar.. to my eye the car looks right..

IMG-3332.jpg

1-C601-BDA-5-B10-44-FF-A34-F-A5-C4-E4-A65-CBD.jpg

0-D286234-BF96-4434-B506-50815-D1-FFD12.jpg

EC16-E43-A-FD2-F-46-C3-9252-8-ECEE54-FD7-DF.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The gap all depends on the second number and the first number rather thanjust the first, first number is width, second is tread ratio(profile), third is rim size. FOr instance 305/20/19 will be thinner and give more gap than 305/40/19.

Personally for the fronts I would run 275 or 285 - your choice. Depending on what struts you have, (Ie I have pedders) you may need to space the wheel out minorly otherwise it may rub, or camber it out. That's just the general principal for wider front alloys (I have 19x10 square sitting on 275/40 tyres for reference).

As for the rears, stick with the 305 at the very largest, and whack it with a 30-40 profile, should be fine then :). x11'son the rears should be fine with no rubbing, however if you ever go an bigger, you may need to roll the fenders.

Naturally if you have any spacers on the car, take these off before fitting the wheels.

Andy's posted a perfect example of his setup which shows the tyres sitting at the same height gap on both front and rear, with a solid stance. I'd post mine but irrelevant with 275/40 squares as it's identical haha.
The other thing to look at with your wheels is their offset; as this will setup how they sit to the hub (either closer or further away) general principal is ET40-55 is safe, anything more or less may need some alignment to shuffle them around.