corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Is there any problem with leaving everything on but changing back to factory springs? Mostly do not know if roll center correction kit and bumpstops would cause any issues.
I don't see any major problems concerning the bumpstops - though shorter bumpstops will let the car travel just as far into 'bump' as it did with the aftermarket springs - IOW, if you hit the bumpstops now with 2" of ground clearance, you'll still be down to 2" when you hit them from OE ride height. It'll just take more bump travel to get there, maybe a bigger bump or a deeper hole.

The RC correction (and the related bumpsteer correction) kits are a different situation. Back up at OE ride height, the RC correction kit would drive the front geo roll center upward above its OE location (probably by 2 or 3 inches or so). This would be the understeerish effect. But you'd have slightly more aggressive camber gain opposing that, so the net result of these two might be a wash at steady-state. I think it'd be the transient handling 'feel' that'd change . . . maybe a lower rate of progression toward understeer during the very early part of cornering when the car is actually in the process of rolling but hasn't finished rolled over to where it's going to get.

If you remove the RC kit, you should either remove the bumpsteer kit or at minimum plan on resetting it. Assuming that it can be adjusted that far (I have no idea whether it can or not, but it's definitely something to keep in mind here). Moving the ride height back up moves you upward along the bumpsteer curve, where the same setting won't be correct any more.

Norm
Sponsored

OP
OP
yessirrom

yessirrom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Convertible
Thanks for the advice. The mechanic replaced the steeda shocks and springs with a set of performance pack springs and shocks. He left everything else in place. He then had an alignment done after. He states that they had no problem with getting it in spec. The car feels good and handles better than before. It feels more planted at speed and I noticed no weirdness in cornering or transitions. I am certainly no expert though.

Is longevity a concern at all with the RC and bumpsteer kits compared to stock hardware?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Thanks for the advice. The mechanic replaced the steeda shocks and springs with a set of performance pack springs and shocks. He left everything else in place. He then had an alignment done after. He states that they had no problem with getting it in spec. The car feels good and handles better than before. It feels more planted at speed and I noticed no weirdness in cornering or transitions. I am certainly no expert though.

Is longevity a concern at all with the RC and bumpsteer kits compared to stock hardware?
The bumpsteer kit will outlive your stock tie rod ends and if they don't Steeda offers a life time warranty on them so your good for life.

Longevity isn't a concern. Steeda > stock in durability and function of these parts.
Sponsored