3.7 Forced induction

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
What are people using for a MAP sensor? Stock one can't handle boost...
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
What are people using for a MAP sensor? Stock one can't handle boost...
If I had a part number for u I would send it but what I know is mine comes in the super six kit and its what the procharger kit comes with.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
So the Ecoboost is interesting.... I can find two different types of MAP sensors for the EB. One is like the listing above and the other is like what our vehicles have. The difference being the mounting tabs (1 tab vs 2 tabs). Our 6 only has one mounting tab for the MAP sensor. On top of that I believe the connector is different for the EB then it is for the 6.

Seems like I might be able to acquire the sensor that is included in the Procharger setup for around $100. Might be the easiest way to go.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
If I had a part number for u I would send it but what I know is mine comes in the super six kit and its what the procharger kit comes with.
Are you sure? My super six kit didn't include one? I built a harness adapter myself by reverse engineering a photo of the procharger one.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure? My super six kit didn't include one? I built a harness adapter myself by reverse engineering a photo of the procharger one.
Any chance you have the part number of the sensor you used? If I can avoid going though procharger in order to get something cheaper that would be nice.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Any chance you have the part number of the sensor you used? If I can avoid going though procharger in order to get something cheaper that would be nice.
If you really can get the procharger harness and sensor for around $100 that's not bad. I could only find it for like twice that. I haven't actually installed my kit yet so I'm not 100% sure mine will work. I built a harness for around $50 and the sensor was like $25. I went off of a picture I found of the procharger one. I did swap it into the car and it seems to work correctly though, which is strange to me because a figured it would need to be recalibrated in the ecu to work.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I used this
So then that is just a stock 3.5 EB sensor... Where did you source the parts for the adapter if you dont mind me asking?
This end was easy to find: https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/p...MI7vuYrffE3AIVTx2BCh3zsAuDEAQYASABEgJDEvD_BwE

The other end though took a lot of time and I almost gave up, but I'm a persistent guy.

https://www.automotive-connectors.c...ay-sealed-male-mcp-mcon-pigtail-coding-a.html

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Thank you! I was in the same boat and did give up on trying to find that last connector.... Didn't think it existed where anyone other then OEMs could purchase it.
I'm fairly confident that if something exists on the Internet, I can find it if given enough time. It's actually a curse, because I'll keep looking until I find it.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
If you really can get the procharger harness and sensor for around $100 that's not bad. I could only find it for like twice that. I haven't actually installed my kit yet so I'm not 100% sure mine will work. I built a harness for around $50 and the sensor was like $25. I went off of a picture I found of the procharger one. I did swap it into the car and it seems to work correctly though, which is strange to me because a figured it would need to be recalibrated in the ecu to work.
It is possible that the sensor has a map close or identical to the stock map sensor for NA (vacuum) applications. That would explain why the car was able to run fine with the new sensor. Was IAT being properly displayed? That would be effected by an incorrectly wired or incompatible sensor.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I'm fairly confident that if something exists on the Internet, I can find it if given enough time. It's actually a curse, because I'll keep looking until I find it.
I will search to an extent but eventually will give up if I find absolutly nothing relating to what I am looking for...

So I take it you are attempting this swap as well?

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It is possible that the sensor has a map close or identical to the stock map sensor for NA (vacuum) applications. That would explain why the car was able to run fine with the new sensor. Was IAT being properly displayed? That would be effected by an incorrectly wired or incompatible sensor.
Yes displayed identical to the stock sensor

Engine vacuum was the same as well I even drove around the block.
Sponsored