Sponsored

Steeda CIA and Tuner Arrived Today

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Ever been out to sealy? I would like to get some baseline times before installing my coilovers and xpipe. shoot me a pm if you want to roll out with another 18-19 NA car next time you hit the track.
I would be down to have a track night with you guys too. I haven't run mine yet and I'm anxious to
Sponsored

Lai93gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lawrence
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt pp / 1993 Mustang Lx 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I would be down to have a track night with you guys too. I haven't run mine yet and I'm anxious to
what side of town are you on? maybe we can set something up soon.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
was the 12.25 before suspension mods?
It was post stop the hop and all other suspension mods. Only difference now is the CAI and tune. I am going to go to e85 next month. The only gas station close with e85 is the HEB at I-10 and Bunker Hill. Not too far for me.

Ever been out to sealy? I would like to get some baseline times before installing my coilovers and xpipe. shoot me a pm if you want to roll out with another 18-19 NA car next time you hit the track.
I have not but always up for some Mustang driving. Maybe the rain will hold off and Friday we can go and meet up.

Cool. I am in the heights area.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just so you know ... our Steeda Silver Bullet just set a new best - 10.330@ 132.26mph with a 1.46 short on 17" wheels!

steeda-puts-its-na-2018-mustang-deeper-into-the-10-second-zone-2018-03-14_02-04-28_859887.jpg

Sponsored

Lai93gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lawrence
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Gt pp / 1993 Mustang Lx 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
It was post stop the hop and all other suspension mods. Only difference now is the CAI and tune. I am going to go to e85 next month. The only gas station close with e85 is the HEB at I-10 and Bunker Hill. Not too far for me.

I have not but always up for some Mustang driving. Maybe the rain will hold off and Friday we can go and meet up.

Cool. I am in the heights area.
I’d definitely be open to going Friday if the weather holds up.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like we are going to be able to run tomorrow night. DA looks to be awesome as well.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have some issues with shift points so the datalogs are at the tuner. I put the factory box and tune back on to test if its the new tune or something going on with the A10.

I noticed something related to the clips not clipping or being too short with the Steeda CAI lid. When I put the factory box back on, the clips were so stretched out, they would not clip. I mean they were 1/4" too long now from the stretch to clamp down on the Steeda box lid. So the Steeda lid is a bit taller than factory. I was able to bend the clips back down and now they are staying clamped but just barley.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I have some issues with shift points so the datalogs are at the tuner. I put the factory box and tune back on to test if its the new tune or something going on with the A10.

In the mean time I removed the CAI and put the factory box and tune back on. I noticed something related to the clips not clipping or being too short with the Steeda CAI lid. When I put the factory box back on, the clips were so stretched out, they would not clip. I mean they were 1/4" too long now from the stretch to clamp down on the Steeda box lid. So the Steeda lid is a bit taller than factory. I was able to bend the clips back down and now they are staying clamped but just barley.
When I went back to stock one clip was rendered completely useless as it was so stretched out. One still fastened. Apparently have to replace entire airbox if wanting to replace clips. Steeda is definitely taller.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here are some screen shots of the datalogs with RPM only showing.
Datalog.png
datalog2.png
datalog3.png
Datalog4.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With some pretty extreme force I was able to bend mine back down enough to to get them to clip. I also held them as long as I could pressed down. It seems to work but a little heat from the engine may stretch the out and render them useless except on the Steeda. As soon as the shifting issue is resolved, it’s going back on.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
With some pretty extreme force I was able to bend mine back down enough to to get them to clip. I also held them as long as I could pressed down. It seems to work but a little heat from the engine may stretch the out and render them useless except on the Steeda. As soon as the shifting issue is resolved, it’s going back on.
Are you the only one with the lid closing clip issue?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Are you the only one with the lid closing clip issue?
When I switched the Steeda back to stock intake I had the same experience. Clips stretched. One to the point of being useless on the stock box the other holding in place. To be fair though not sure anyone besides myself and him have put the stock intake back on after Steeda install. His is temporary mine was due to inability to properly run flex tune with it installed.

stangman638

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 Velocity Blue
When I switched the Steeda back to stock intake I had the same experience. Clips stretched. One to the point of being useless on the stock box the other holding in place. To be fair though not sure anyone besides myself and him have put the stock intake back on after Steeda install. His is temporary mine was due to inability to properly run flex tune with it installed.
Crazy, should be able to switch back at anytime without damaging your clips. Are they planning on fixing this issue?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Crazy, should be able to switch back at anytime without damaging your clips. Are they planning on fixing this issue?
The CAI reuses factory box assembly/ clips the only way they could "fix" it would possibly be making the lid shorter? Not sure really that its enough of an issue to be on their radar though.
Sponsored