Sponsored

Fabulous Ford for 2019

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I see that Fabulous Fords is going to happen on April 14 this year. Its also moved to Angels Stadium, anyone know why they moved?
Who is going?
Anyone from nor-cal planning on going down? Anyone knows of a caravan.
Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
It got moved because Knott's had some renovations done that took over some parking lot space and the show outgrew the venue. I'll be going for sure. I've been to the last 2 shows and I had a blast. The usual Nor-Cal cruise is planned by the guys over at the NorCal SVTOA forums. I don't know if I can link to another forum but I just checked and they don't have a thread for it yet but I know it'll be posted sometime before the event. There are usually a few different caravans that meet up along the way. We usually leave early morning Friday. There's a pretty big crew that leaves from San Jose and another one from Sacramento. Both large groups meet up in Kettleman City and make their way down to SoCal. We had a group of over 100 Mustangs the past 2 years.

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Angels Stadium has a much larger parking lot than Knotts so it makes more sense to have the show there. Plus it's very close to the 57 freeway so access is better.

Looking forward to the show this year!

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
It got moved because Knott's had some renovations done that took over some parking lot space and the show outgrew the venue. I'll be going for sure. I've been to the last 2 shows and I had a blast. The usual Nor-Cal cruise is planned by the guys over at the NorCal SVTOA forums. I don't know if I can link to another forum but I just checked and they don't have a thread for it yet but I know it'll be posted sometime before the event. There are usually a few different caravans that meet up along the way. We usually leave early morning Friday. There's a pretty big crew that leaves from San Jose and another one from Sacramento. Both large groups meet up in Kettleman City and make their way down to SoCal. We had a group of over 100 Mustangs the past 2 years.
If you could please ontains details, id love to joon the Bay Area Caravan. Im over in Santa Cruz.

OP
OP

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Last year a group meet up at a Startbucks near 101 & 85 at 5:30 am the Firday before the show and drove down. I was late to the meet up location but found them at Kettleman City. I think most of this group also stayed at the same hotel near Knotts, not sure what is happening this year.

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I want to go this year, especially for the track day after. Just need to figure out my work schedule. I just got promoted and now (officially) running my office and were pretty busy in spring.

If it all works out I'll be rolling with the bay area crew with my car club.:like:

JeromeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Premium, Performance, Kona, A10
It got moved because Knott's had some renovations done that took over some parking lot space and the show outgrew the venue.
I would be surprised if this is true. It is true Soak City expanded onto the edge of one of the parking lots. However I am so sure this had an impact on the venue move. I have gone to every Knott's show since 1999. I have seen a steady decrease in the car count each year for the past 10 years. This is noticed by the increasing quantity of open parking spaces inside the show each year. There are actually plenty of empty spaces when years past there were not any. What I have seen growing is the quantity of cars (mostly Mustangs of course) parking outside the show.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. That was the reason the show organizers gave for moving the show.

Here's a quote from the email they sent:

We have moved to a new venue for 2019!
As you may have heard, we have moved to a new location for our 2019 show!
Why? What happened? Well, to be honest, we had simply outgrown our former home. Although we had been there for 30 years, the time was right for a change. We began planning our move two years ago, anticipating that due to changes at the park, that we would have to consider relocating. At the end of our 2018 show, these plans became a reality and we made the decision to move. After considering a few locations around Southern California, we decided upon Angels Stadium of Anaheim, and we are very happy that we did. We hope that you will like the new location as well.

We do understand that many folks loved the family friendly appeal of our former home and we're working very hard to maintain that appeal at our new home.

JeromeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, Premium, Performance, Kona, A10
Thank you for sharing.

I wonder what they meant when they said "the time was right for a change".

Anyway, I will certainly be going and plan to enjoy the show as much as previous years.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
at least last year they had a thread on this forum for the caravan.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have missed the last 4 years. Hopefully timing will be better this year and I'll be able to make it. It would be nice to caravan down with some of you.

OP
OP

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
So I have been checking other web sites and can't find any details on a caravan down from the bay area. Does anyone know of one going down this year? Thanks

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
So I have been checking other web sites and can't find any details on a caravan down from the bay area. Does anyone know of one going down this year? Thanks
A lot of the organizers are heavy on IG. Check out NorCal SVTOA if in the San Jo area. Many members of my club, The Board will be rollin down both Friday with the main group and some Saturday with a secondary group.

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it this year though:crying:

OP
OP

joez3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Thanks for the pointer I don't IG so I would have missed this

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pointer I don't IG so I would have missed this
Here's the text for the NorCal SVTOA cruise since you don't have IG. I'll be on this cruise Friday morning and then on Saturday, I'll be at the Cars and Coffee in San Clemente.

norcalsvtoa
Its that time! Time for the annual @norcalsvtoa cruise to @fabulousfordsforever Friday the 12th we will meet at starbucks 5670 cottle rd san jose at 430 am hitting the road at 5 am sharp! We will be Taking 101 down as there are e85 pumps in paso robles(160 miles from sj) and Ventura (160 miles from paso robles) then into La. lets break the 100 cars mark again! Everyone and every crew is welcome to join. Just respect the cruise and dont draw unwanted attention any questions , shoot me a dm.
Friday afternoon / evening we are trying to set ip a meet at detail garage santa ana. We will keep u posted there .
SATURDAY we will CoHost Cars and Coffee Corona Hills 7-9am at 344 n mckinley st corona ca, then a little lunch and a costal cruise .. Lunch stop will be Bruxies in Huntington beach . @ls1eatr25 flyer by @aryrojas
Sponsored