Sponsored

NEED FOR GREEN S550 MUSTANG thread

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Mine is currently at the detailers for the full-on Gtechniq treatment and all the bolt-ons.
IMG_1809.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Mine is currently at the detailers for the full-on Gtechniq treatment and all the bolt-ons.
IMG_1809.jpeg
IMG_1810.jpeg
IMG_1811.jpeg
Oof, man I'm so excited for mine. Nice pics!

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Handover2.jpg

Collected her today.

Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Cold start this morning sounded ridiculous! I love the stance the 1” spacers give it as well.
8CD01DFD-9D2D-4F19-8D38-BF0B0917E343.jpeg

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
P1055733.jpg

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Cold start this morning sounded ridiculous! I love the stance the 1” spacers give it as well.
8CD01DFD-9D2D-4F19-8D38-BF0B0917E343.jpeg
Any difference in ride with the spacers? I’m thinking of doing the same. Love the look just not sure how it affects the ride and wheel bearings, long term.

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Any difference in ride with the spacers? I’m thinking of doing the same. Love the look just not sure how it affects the ride and wheel bearings, long term.
The ride is great, but yeah I cannot comment on the bearings at this point.

Sponsored

Schooley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 NFG Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing personal, but this color looks so much better without the stripes. Especially with the euro tails!
Yeah CGZ’s picture a couple posts up looks awesome.. definitely considering it! I am also thinking a black roof would look good.

I hate the stripes. Absolutely hate them. Ford dropped the ball, noone in their right mind can believe that style of asymmetrical stripes would look better than a wide single stripe/double narrow stripe similar to the Shelby.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
noone in their right mind can believe that style of asymmetrical stripes would look better than a wide single stripe/double narrow stripe similar to the Shelby.
My theory is that Ford wanted what you said and ordered the same dimensions they have in the past, not taking into account the 2018+ hood vents were closer together than the 2015-17. They could admit the mistake and be a laughing stock OR just leave one of the narrow stripes off. Watch for the current stripes being replaced with just one narrow stripe for 2020-21. :wink:

Last edited:

Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Yeah CGZ’s picture a couple posts up looks awesome.. definitely considering it! I am also thinking a black roof would look good.

I hate the stripes. Absolutely hate them. Ford dropped the ball, noone in their right mind can believe that style of asymmetrical stripes would look better than a wide single stripe/double narrow stripe similar to the Shelby.
I guess Ford were trying a variation of offest stripes they used on race car releases circa 2012/3, which I quite liked:

c0124ford1.jpg

Ford-V8-Supercar-01.jpg

You could probably “correct” the stripes by buying a sheet of automotive wrap material in a colour similar to Need for Green, hand cut ‘pin stripes’ the same width as the green bit of the strip and apply it over the other side of the stripe and re-balance it. Or you could select a third colour, as on the cars above, say white, apply it to both sides and have a black and white stripe. That’s what I would do.

I think NFG needs stripes to break up the masses green.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
have yet to see this color in person. i did a dealer search and nothing within 100 miles of my location. i guess ill have to wait till summer at some car shows.....
looks interesting but probably would never buy a green car ever, no matter what shade of green it is....including bullitt

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
have yet to see this color in person. i did a dealer search and nothing within 100 miles of my location. i guess ill have to wait till summer at some car shows.....
looks interesting but probably would never buy a green car ever, no matter what shade of green it is....including bullitt
I found you can manually increase the radius to at least 500 in the URL to get a slightly larger search radius. But then, more than 100 miles away is considerably a distance to go see a color. I did consider it at one point though. haha Example:
(https://shop.ford.com/inventory/mustang/results?zipcode=68164&Radius=500&year=2019&fyear=2019&ExteriorColor=AJ&Order=Distance)

With the stripes, I can see the argument from Chris of how it breaks up the green, but that rule would also apply to breaking up the other colors as well. Of which I tend to like no stripes rather than stripes. So I'm still pretty certain I'll be removing the stripes. I'll need to decide before having paint protection film applied for sure though...
Sponsored