2018 Mustang GT has multitude of problems

eduranjr

2018 Mustang GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium and Black Appereance
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2018 GT Premium 10R80, purchased last June, manufactured on Feb 2018, none of those problems, my only problem is the "Navigation Fault". Did the last upgrade and it did not help... next stop, the dealer.
Sponsored

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So I have 6,000 miles on a brand new 2018 GT Premium and i have had these issues starting from least worrying to WTF. "Service tire Mobility Kit," I have had this stupid message every time I start up my car and yes, I have taken it to get serviced to no avail. I first noticed my shaker audio sub-woofer was rattling whenever any bass was played (even at low sound levels) around the first month of having the car. It is a metallic rattle and seems to be the vibration of the plastic frame. I tweaked some screws and lubed them as well and I only get the rattle on occasion. during the same time, I had a terrible ticking noise come from my engine for a few days during all levels of acceleration. I thought i probably got some watered down 87 and decided to clear the tank and refill with 93. The issue went away after a few tank swaps but I fear I may have had piston slap upon recent investigation. I have not yet had a my engine scoped out but plan on doing so in the near future. Next came the occasional "Service AdvancTrak" message as I drive. For those of you who don't know what this does, it resets your driving mode and steering to default setting which can be a bit of a surprise when driving on busy streets since it changes how hard/soft you have to turn the wheel. The last and scariest problem I just got today was a "Steering Control Failure." I was driving and when this happened I nearly shit myself because I almost crashed. If you have no idea what steering control failure may imply, it means that the electric steering assist malfunctioned casing the steering wheel to be nearly impossible to turn unless you are strong enough. It is a shame that this car has so many problems brand new and I hate to bash it but trust me when I say, you should at least wait to buy one until they address these issues for the 2018 or 2019 models for safety sake.
Two words: Lemon Law. I haven't heard of any of the issues you are having from anywhere, forums included. Huge production numbers always come with a percentage of failures. Always. I had a lemon 911, and my brother had a lemon ZO6. They are the 2nd and 3rd most popular sports cars in history.

OP
OP

kyledron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
So i finally got my car back today and the only thing they did was reprogram my steering wheel. They stated that they couldn't do anything more unless the technician could see the problem. So I will have to get scoped privately. As for my electrical issure, my plan is to wait until the fault occurs (if it does) and film it for proof.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So i finally got my car back today and the only thing they did was reprogram my steering wheel. They stated that they couldn't do anything more unless the technician could see the problem. So I will have to get scoped privately. As for my electrical issure, my plan is to wait until the fault occurs (if it does) and film it for proof.
Hey I know this is a month old, but thought you should know. The engine tick is a known problem and Ford is lying to you if they refuse to scope. Plenty of people have had their short block replaced because of the issue. Other have gone to a heavier oil and that fixed the issue. Google BBQ tick.

Sponsored

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hey I know this is a month old, but thought you should know. The engine tick is a known problem and Ford is lying to you if they refuse to scope. Plenty of people have had their short block replaced because of the issue. Other have gone to a heavier oil and that fixed the issue. Google BBQ tick.
Just got mine back with block no.2. And... guess what? Same noise, different side. Lol. FML. Back it goes.
Sponsored