Sponsored

Ampire WFS300-BT CAN bus immobiliser fitted (Auto Watch Ghost)

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Wooo okay guys we have made some baby steps!
My fraind is having to buy the USB plug to program his unit his seller said they don't program them.

We wired mine up today correctly! For update with anyone trying to do this.. ODB can't be used too test fit.. It is secured from some parts of can bus or somthing.

For BMWs

Its not standerd can bus that needs to be tapped into its the power train can bus.
Called PT-CAN the wires are blue/red and Red. Twisted pair. Not the green and orange

Anyways back to my new issue.. So when tapping into can bus the igla was doing nothing to the car. But when i tapped into correct PT-CAN.

my car light up like a Xmas tree.. All modual basicly failed.. Gearbox Dtc engin. All errors.

My lights did not flash for pin enter mode.
So we are guessing it was incorrectly programed evan tho my seller said it was for a bmw e90
:(

Did you guys get any strange behaviour?
Who did any of you program it your self?

Also how I figured out it was a diffrent can bus. Was when I relised in the first post HS1-Can was tapped into. Not just can bus.

Hope this helps anyone.
Good you made some progress. I’ve never installed into bmw but did fit a performance steering wheel for a friend a few weeks ago and that tapped into the same can bus colour wires you mentioned.

Never had any issues with my WFS300-BT causing odd errors to the car - except when it’s actively immobilising the car of course. It usually throws up a couple of failure errors on the dash. But they clear as soon as the you recycle the ignition and enter corrrct pin.

Mine came coded already for my car (Mercedes c63) and worked out of the box but the gearbox lock didn’t work. I fortunately ordered the usb dongle and they sent me a different firmware to try which solved the gearbox lock issue.

I’m now just finalising with their support to get anti hijack working and I have a small issue with the iOS app but is apparently related to ios12 than an issue with the hardware.

Did it leave any permanent errors on your car or did they all clear once you remove it from can bus?
Sponsored

Vishnurpatel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vish
Vehicle(s)
335i bmw
Good you made some progress. I’ve never installed into bmw but did fit a performance steering wheel for a friend a few weeks ago and that tapped into the same can bus colour wires you mentioned.

Never had any issues with my WFS300-BT causing odd errors to the car - except when it’s actively immobilising the car of course. It usually throws up a couple of failure errors on the dash. But they clear as soon as the you recycle the ignition and enter corrrct pin.

Mine came coded already for my car (Mercedes c63) and worked out of the box but the gearbox lock didn’t work. I fortunately ordered the usb dongle and they sent me a different firmware to try which solved the gearbox lock issue.

I’m now just finalising with their support to get anti hijack working and I have a small issue with the iOS app but is apparently related to ios12 than an issue with the hardware.

Did it leave any permanent errors on your car or did they all clear once you remove it from can bus?
All where gone when I removed the device.. Thank god got sligtly worried I had fried my system.

Trying to source a dongle and firmwheres now.. There was one on amazon but after contacting the seller they said they don't sell them anymore its a false ad.. My supplier is certien it is flashed for my car.
We are going to try and test it to my mates car..

He has a 2008 and I have a 2006 but we are sure most of the modules are the same.

My seller said anything befor 2007 is not supported but the coupe came out in 2006 unlike the saloon in 2004.

We are sure the new body shape would have the updated systems but we can't find much info onit.. Some sellers of autowatch say 08 only.. And some list from 07.. And some list from 06...

So we are confused as shit. Iv asked ampire if they can send me all the hex files they have. If they can would be nice to have for the future.

Maby it's worth booking for an auto watch ghost and just take the hit :(

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
I have copies of the bmw hex files if you can’t get them. I’ve seen dongles on various sites. You might even still be able to order direct from Ampire.

I don’t think autowatch use any different firmware.

Is your friends one behaving any different?

Vishnurpatel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vish
Vehicle(s)
335i bmw
Oh yer I know about that.. Just giving up on the DIY.. Might just be easier at this point to pay somone. Rip off I know.

Also oh okay well iv email them.. Failing that il give you a shout.. Thanks :)

Also not sure on his as his is not programed at all.. So we need a USB for him regsldess.
Going to test fit mine into his and see what the results are. Il be very confused if it works fine for him and not me.

As we are same car basicly he is e92 auto 2008 335d.
And I am e92 auto 2006 335i.

Just torght it be a good idea to keep this form full of info, as it seems to be the only English form that has any usuful information to do this as a DIY

Vishnurpatel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vish
Vehicle(s)
335i bmw
I have copies of the bmw hex files if you can’t get them. I’ve seen dongles on various sites. You might even still be able to order direct from Ampire.

I don’t think autowatch use any different firmware.

Is your friends one behaving any different?
Also try the autowatch Ghost app... Am sure it will pair strait up.. I think they all developed there own versions.. As autowatch Ghost claim they don't work with android but I bet they do using the ampire or igla app

Sponsored

Ste1800

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ste
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang
So it's that the prosses of defeating the system.. To cut its power and reconnect it with in 30 seconds and start the car while it boots up?
It's a test that I would run. Your attaching a mini computer to the cars system. Computers need rebooting. No idea of how it's implemented on cars. I'd hope that the ones fitted with the relays are a bit more robust.

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Also try the autowatch Ghost app... Am sure it will pair strait up.. I think they all developed there own versions.. As autowatch Ghost claim they don't work with android but I bet they do using the ampire or igla app
I’ve tried all the apps. They all behave in the same way. The Igla app seems to be getting developement though. They’ve updated it a couple of times in last few weeks to fix the ios12 issue but no luck for me so far.

I believe the WFS300-BT is now fully discontinued. I tried to get a second one for a friend but no luck.

I think the focus is on the new generation now and there is another app called author ID which appears to be the most recent version for this generation. Not backwards compatible but I like it better as from what I’ve gathered you can reduce the sensitivity of the range your phone should be near the device to allow authorisation. Helps to resolve the issue of your phone still authorising when you are indoors.

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Ste1800.

Interesting. Worth a test. I’ve not quoted your reply as it’s probably a good idea to remove this part of the conversation due to public forum.

Vishnurpatel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vish
Vehicle(s)
335i bmw
Ahh okay.. I dont think the should be a need. As the device is installed with the battery off anyways..
I’ve tried all the apps. They all behave in the same way. The Igla app seems to be getting developement though. They’ve updated it a couple of times in last few weeks to fix the ios12 issue but no luck for me so far.

I believe the WFS300-BT is now fully discontinued. I tried to get a second one for a friend but no luck.

I think the focus is on the new generation now and there is another app called author ID which appears to be the most recent version for this generation. Not backwards compatible but I like it better as from what I’ve gathered you can reduce the sensitivity of the range your phone should be near the device to allow authorisation. Helps to resolve the issue of your phone still authorising when you are indoors.
Hi bud, you can buy a WFS300 from Ampire directly if you email them but its there "last unit" i was offed it at a very expansive ÂŁ2/350 i forgot witch one.. but was way more than it was listed on amazon where i manged to get mine from.

also are you okay to shear the hex files with me, non of the sellers are sending me them all, and Ampire support sent me a different one to what my seller did -_-. and i have no idea witch one is currently installed either LOL.
i think i might have a better chance looking at them all and figuring it out.

iv also removed my quoted reply just in case it is a flaw, not that i think that is any easier access as mine is locked in the boot, and i have no buttons to open the boot (so smashing the window would not help) expect on my key if they take that (bmw removed the boot popper in the EU) probably for security, i was going to retrofit one in but i might hold off now Pretty much most systems are flawed anyways, if they have your keys, as most people keep the keys and immobilisers together anyways.. i still think its one of the best ideas of car security on the market without having to rely on tags.

- will edit this bit out your screwed if your battery is in the bonnet tho! and his method works. or you have a boot release in the cabbin to accesses the battery that way.

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
PM'd you regarding the hex files.

I'm not worried about hunting down a 300 now, I'm going to wait for the 400-BT to come out and see about using that.

Sponsored

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
Looks like Autowatch have released ghost-II.

Not a great deal of info about yet but looks like it’s based on the next generation (Pro / wfs400-bt) model.

Incidentally the original ghost app in App Store is now free (used to be ÂŁ9.99). New one coming shortly along with android version.

Ste1800

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ste
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang
That will be very interesting. Cause at the moment what's being offered is ghost plus shadow for a price of nearly 700.
The Russian version is.
Screenshot_20190121-193219.png

OP
OP
drewzh

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody got the ball rolling on the WFS-400 yet? I see that the Auto Watch Ghost II says it's compatible. My initial communication ended with my supplier telling me that it *isn't* compatible... so I may just have to pick this back up with them.

Ste1800

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ste
Vehicle(s)
Ford mustang
I do not believe autowatch ghost 2 is the wfs400.

The wfs400 is made in Europe and is supplied by Ampire.

The Ghost is a Russian device that is made from a Russian company called Author.

Google Author IGLA.

I

EssexBoyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
C63s
I think the wfs400-BT is based on autowatch ghost 2 / IGLA pro..

I’m not 100% sure which model the wfs400 is but I think it might still be an Author based product underneath.

It’s worth checking with Ampire directly on compatibility. I was told by my supplier the wfs400-BT won’t work on my c63 but ampire told me they fitted one to a c43 with no issues.

I’m just waiting for the new app to be released before following up - apparently there have been some issues with it.
Sponsored