Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
My wife can drive a stick, but prefers not to. Hence, she barely drove the 2010 Sonata, with stick, that I traded in on the Mustang. I bought the A10 so that she could jump in and drive it whenever she felt like it. Six months in she has not driven the Mustang. She says she is waiting for me to do some body damage to it so that she doesn't have to worry about being the first one to damage it. Unfortunately for her, my track record means that under those conditions, she will likely never drive it. I've never crunched a car of mine and one thing I have noticed about driving a convertible as a daily driver is that it has heightened my situational awareness beyond what it was. I will say that she determined that we went with the Mustang (for the convertible) instead of the Challenger that I was leaning towards.
Sponsored

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
my fiancé actually jumped ship from a 2016 -1360 mile 2 SS camaro ,and came home one day with a 18 A10 gt PP1 w/active exhaust in royal crimson .She loves it and So do I . In fact i even gave her keys to my hellcat so if i take the mustang out i don't have to worry she doesn't have something good to drive ..I love how this motor revs and the 10 speed keeps the revs up not to mention how these engines sound at 7500 rpm

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
A few times we have driven the Mustang to dinner, I had a couple 'smart Alec's prompt me to race 'em.
A couple times I've obliged them. I just tell the wife to hang on.
Got to keep the honor of the Mustang 'high'.

I'd still like to race some dude in a diesel truck to find out if they are as fast as some have said.
When I had my '15 Camaro, the guys on the Camaro5 forum were afraid of the diesel trucks. Said
they wanted no part of them.

Someone is going to have to PROVE to me they can outrun and out drive me..................:like:

Sponsored

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
A few times we have driven the Mustang to dinner, I had a couple 'smart Alec's prompt me to race 'em.
A couple times I've obliged them. I just tell the wife to hang on.
Got to keep the honor of the Mustang 'high'.

I'd still like to race some dude in a diesel truck to find out if they are as fast as some have said.
When I had my '15 Camaro, the guys on the Camaro5 forum were afraid of the diesel trucks. Said
they wanted no part of them.

Someone is going to have to PROVE to me they can outrun and out drive me..................:like:

Ive been pulled in at the track in my low 11 second lightning. Some are fast

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I embarrassed a big diesel truck on the highway yesterday...in our 2012 kia Optima sx (4 cylinders, 2 liters, 1 turbo), lol
He didn't want me to pass so he blew black smoke out, causing me to floor it. I guess he got scared of the triple digits...oh yeah, and so did wifeypooh, haha

Last edited:

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I'm lucky. :like:
My wife bought me the car... She surprised me with it by having it waiting for me after a round of golf.
I showed her a print-out with all the option boxes checked and she got the exact one.
Wife knows how to drive manual, but doesn't care to drive the car.
This is a photo of my self picking up the car. Wife in the background.
IMG_1059.JPG

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
In the past the wife and I agreed on vehicle purchases, but then she started to con her way into getting the new vehicle and stick me with her leftovers. I had an 07 F150 FX4 that was lifted with 35's and I got tired of feeding it at the pump, it got about 9 mpg after the lift. So I wanted to trade it in for some thing a little smaller with better mileage. The wife got involved and we ended up with a 2012 focus in yellow blaze metallic, ugly color on an ugly car. And stuck me with her 11 fusion SEL, fast forward to Jan of 13 and I was looking to trade the fusion for a 13 fusion titanium until she got wind of it and we ended up with a 13 escape titanium that she took and stuck me with the ugly ass focus. I lasted till november of 13 before I had enough of that ugly ass shoebox so I traded it for a 13 F150 FX4 supercrew. I drove that until the lease was up in Feb of 17 when I got the mustang. That's when the resentment started, I think she is more mad at the fact that I didn't consult her before I purchased it. I finally had to tell her, that I didn't tell her because she would have said no and to stop bitching about it because I'm the one who pays the car payments, even hers. She only works because she is a bored housewife and the kids are grown and gone so she had nothing to do all day but sit around and eat bon-bons. I used to call her Peg as in Peg Bundy just to piss her off. Oh and my insurance actually went down when I got the mustang. Now fast forward to three weeks ago when I got the new explorer for me and now she is mad again because she always wanted another explorer ever since we traded hers in back in 08
That's hilarious. No one could, (or perhaps should) make that up.
I think I wet my shorts laughing reading this. Thank you for making my day.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Ive been pulled in at the track in my low 11 second lightning. Some are fast
I don't want a 'track race'.
I want real world, like on the highway.
There is a mountain road here where I live that I've driven for 40 years.
I have out run many guys that thought they had a "hotrod", me in different vehicles.
I'll just have to be patient and hope I run upon some dude in a diesel..............

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
I don't want a 'track race'.
I want real world, like on the highway.
There is a mountain road here where I live that I've driven for 40 years.
I have out run many guys that thought they had a "hotrod", me in different vehicles.
I'll just have to be patient and hope I run upon some dude in a diesel..............
My point was they exist. But if you think a diesel is game to race down a twisty road yourey off your rocker.

Bink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My car ('17 GT350) sitting next to my wife's car ('16 RS). They do say opposites attract...

She bought her Camero in early '18, tried to talk her into a Mustang, but her first car was a '91 Firebird convertible, so she wanted to get back into a Camero. She wouldn't even test drive a Mustang (I like to imagine it's because she knew she would like the Mustang more). Hard to argue with a wife goes along with buying a GT350, even if it is about a Camero. She doesn't drive manual very well, so hardly ever drives my car. I'll drive her car if I need to, especially on nice sunny days!
Shelby & Camero.jpeg

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
All excellent, funny posts! My beautiful wife made me promise to get her the car she has always dreamed of when I got my '18 GT. Well...a few days later I surprised her with the car she has always wanted...an '18 Land Rover Discovery. It's all about compromise!

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
All excellent, funny posts! My beautiful wife made me promise to get her the car she has always dreamed of when I got my '18 GT. Well...a few days later I surprised her with the car she has always wanted...an '18 Land Rover Discovery. It's all about compromise!
Sure is. My wife bought this
20180420_145644.jpg
Sponsored