Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L

Deleted member 35644

Anybody know how the trim section comes off the door panel? Looking at the back of the panel, that section looks like it's riveted on. Am I seeing that wrong? Trying to figure how how to get that section covered in leather.

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
UPS delivered ours today, and within an hour the back seats were done and installed - last night I took them out and pulled the cloth covers, so I had a head start.

Very pleased with the kit so far.

Went to Lowes and got a hog ring pliers and a bag of rings, in preperation for the front seats tomorrow, but not sure what size rings are needed - I'll know tomorrow of course, and if the ones I have are incorrect I'll need to search Home Depot.

Keep in mind that the basic Katzkin option is not all leather - only the parts that are in contact with your body are leather.

Last edited:

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Anybody know how the trim section comes off the door panel? Looking at the back of the panel, that section looks like it's riveted on. Am I seeing that wrong? Trying to figure how how to get that section covered in leather.
Just going to ask the same question

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
Just going to ask the same question
have any pics of what the rear of door panel looks like. the cars I have done in the past were held in with plastic rivets. you would drill the head of the rivet off to remove panel then when you reinstall the panel you would use plasti-weld epoxy to form a new head on the stem of the plastic rivet. not sure if this is the ame on ford but I may be able to figure out with a picture.

Deleted member 35644

I read elsewhere that they are plastic welded, so I solved the problem another way. These arrive on Thursday.
Door Panels.JPG

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Spent friday night and saturday morning getting the new skins in. No hog rings. Fingers are sore, hands are scabby, but I'm happy. Saved a bunch of $$ doing it myself.
That looks great.

Doing this work on the carpet in the living room, kneeling, sitting, standing and the work-out of the hands, made me sore for a couple of days, but well worth the $$$'s saved doing it myself.

On one backrest I use hog rings, and the other I used zip ties - I'll be pulling the one seat and redoing it with the zip ties.

Deleted member 35644

That looks great.

Doing this work on the carpet in the living room, kneeling, sitting, standing and the work-out of the hands, made me sore for a couple of days, but well worth the $$$'s saved doing it myself.

On one backrest I use hog rings, and the other I used zip ties - I'll be pulling the one seat and redoing it with the zip ties.
Did your seats have hig rings? Mine just have velcro in the crevices.

Sponsored

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Deleted member 35644

Yeah, I've got those clips....one of which pulled out of the foam. :explode:

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I've got those clips....one of which pulled out of the foam.
I had one crack and no longer grip the hard plastic strip, and just added a small zip tie for that location.

Did you do the hog rings near the top of the backrests?

Deleted member 35644

I had one crack and no longer grip the hard plastic strip, and just added a small zip tie for that location.

Did you do the hog rings near the top of the backrests?
There were't any hog rings in my seats. Just clips and velcro.

OP
OP
hossman

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Just got the Katzkin Leather Interior with Pearl White Piping installed on my Blacked Out 17 Mustang GT Base and it looks amazing. The factory leather is horrible and hated it in my previous 16 Mustang GT Premium. Base radio is garbage but not worth the $ to change it out to the Sync 3. I think the Premium in general is a waste of money for what Ford charges(4,000) and only thing I like about it was the 8 inch Sync 3 system. If I get a chance I’ll post some pictures.
Sponsored