Sponsored

[UPDATED] First 2020 Shelby GT500 Sold For $1.1MM at Barrett-Jackson

CB18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Stingray
Yes, me and wife were bitchin at the tv, get those kids out of the way. The front end of that thing looks like a bass popper lure.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Facetiously & just because:
"Anyone know the price of the first Demon off the line.. ?"

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Slightly off topic, but I can't believe the first new Supra MKV hammered for $2.1M. A cool $1M more than the GT500. I'd take a GT500 over the Supra any day!

DxUenI7UwAAZK3B.jpg

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Slightly off topic, but I can't believe the first new Supra MKV hammered for $2.1M. A cool $1M more than the GT500. I'd take a GT500 over the Supra any day!

DxUenI7UwAAZK3B.jpg
That’s a lot of money for even a BMW!

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

DxUenI7UwAAZK3B.jpg
Maybe the Supra went higher because you were getting the actual car and it's been over 20 years since they last made one. Though, it's a BMW so I feel like that dilutes the Supra waters a bit.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I know it’s semantics to some people, but I it’s not like these cars are actually selling for anything. I can’t stand when articles read this car sold for $XXXX.

The cars are a gift to whomever makes the biggest donation to a given charitable organization. No one paid $2M for a Supra. Someone donated that sum of money to an organization they are probably already closely affiliated with for usually a personal reason, and a manufacturer helps support that organization by giving that donor the first VIN or a special VIN number. Same with all the charity cars. Sorry for the rant but just bugs me with the wording around these things.

It’s awesome that there are so many generous people out there, but getting a GT500 or a Supra or a custom Bronco has nothing to do with the money they are donating. They are doing it out of the goodness of their heart trying to help others.

RaceHorseV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ricky
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra, 2004 Cobra, 2019 GT
That last line in the article has me wondering. It says "The limited-production car will be available in the United States and Canada this fall." Did Ford ever refer to the GT350 and R as limited production?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
That last line in the article has me wondering. It says "The limited-production car will be available in the United States and Canada this fall." Did Ford ever refer to the GT350 and R as limited production?
Yes. They even went further and gave estimated numbers which is what contributed to driving prices so high initially because everyone was under the impression that it was going to be a very limited run.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
That’s not accurate. People who can drive well simply want a car that looks amazing but while tearing up the road. The Porsche is capable and not ugly, but it looks like trash in comparison to the Lamborghini.

And the aventador svj whoops the gt3 in performance.

So if we are actually talking facts, Lamborghini buyers are simply those who want the faster and better looking car.
Some good drivers do buy Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, McLaren, Astons...……..But MOST who buy those cars are just posers...…

Take the average Mustang owner and Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren owners. Take then to a track, put them in a car, something other than what they have, and I'd put my money on the Mustang driver beating all the others hands down (on average). I'm sure there are some that are very good drivers, but on average NOT.

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
The Supra looks like it's giving birth to a smaller, sportier car ...
The Supra is one ugly car...….way too "busy" what's wrong with clean lines that flow..... The most beautiful cars ever built had clean lines...…..

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
The Supra is one ugly car...….way too "busy" what's wrong with clean lines that flow..... The most beautiful cars ever built had clean lines...…..
The industry is always looking to create some kind of uniquely identifying design, so there's a lot of design-for-design-sake ...

The Supra is either: underpowered or overpriced. If it was as it sits, and $39K for the I6-TT (maybe with a manual), awesome. If it was priced like we know, but with an I6 closer to the flavor in the M3/M4, awesome.

I'm seeing reports of ~3400 lbs, with 335HP, and an 8-speed automatic for $50,000? A couple of decent options and you're OTD for $55K? No thanks, and I say this as someone who owned a 4th Gen Supra.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The industry is always looking to create some kind of uniquely identifying design, so there's a lot of design-for-design-sake ...

The Supra is either: underpowered or overpriced. If it was as it sits, and $39K for the I6-TT (maybe with a manual), awesome. If it was priced like we know, but with an I6 closer to the flavor in the M3/M4, awesome.

I'm seeing reports of ~3400 lbs, with 335HP, and an 8-speed automatic for $50,000? A couple of decent options and you're OTD for $55K? No thanks, and I say this as someone who owned a 4th Gen Supra.
Agreed that the price is too high for a Toyota with those features. The concept car looked good, but they managed to make it look both bland and busy somehow.

And for a 3 liter TT engine it's pretty lazy. It should be making well over 400 hp with 3 liters and twin turbos. The 4 cylinder version should be the one making 335 hp. If it had a manual transmission, appropriate power for the engine displacement and something other than a Toyota badge on the steering wheel I would be interested. I definitely like the size of it.

Edit: who am I kidding? I like all cars, but without a V8 I'm really not that interested.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Can the owner of this first GT500 put the car on the rollers with 93 octane in the tank and let us know what numbers its putting down? Is it too much to ask lol?
Sponsored