HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I recently replaced the factory Pirelli tires on my 2016 PP with Michelin Sport 4Ss. Discount Tire only had the rears in stock and had to order the fronts. My Pirelli rears were very worn and rain predicted so I had them put on the rears while I waited for the fronts.

3 or 4 days later, the fronts went on and I noticed a change in how the car drove.

Until then and even from new, the Mustang would slowly wander one way or the other. Not bad but more than any other car I recalled. It didn't pull, and it went one way as often as the other. But when the Michelin fronts went on, the car tracked straight as an arrow. I can take my hands off the wheel for very long distances on a straight freeway.

I had checked the alignment at about the one year mark and it was totally symmetrical with every number exactly what Ford spec says or well within the range, so it was definitely the front Pirellis that were causing the wandering (if that's the right word).
Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Most of us resoundingly despise the OE Pirelli tires mostly because they don't wear worth a damn or otherwise have a very short tread life, a lot of people just basic driving would only get 10-15K miles on the rears.

1bad66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT PP1, '66 Mustang, '18 BMW X3, '97 Tacoma
What PSI are in them?

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Most of us resoundingly despise the OE Pirelli tires mostly because they don't wear worth a damn or otherwise have a very short tread life, a lot of people just basic driving would only get 10-15K miles on the rears.
Yes. Yet dealer techs don't know that. My dash cam recorded them saying that since my rears were so worn at 25k+ miles, I must be doing 5K launches all the time.

The only reason I made it into the 20s was 14k of the miles were from 4 road trips.

OP
OP
HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Ya I'm at 6900 right now and I probably have another 3-5k I can squeek out of them if I stay away from the drag strip. These tires really hate burnouts lol. They seem to wear very evenly when running autox. Also I do agree the tires do wander a tad, but nothing major
Sponsored