a10 stuck in 2nd gear?

silverflash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt PP1
So I have a 2019 gt with the auto 10spd. On more than 1 occasion i have noticed that pulling into my driveway slowly and almost stopping but not- creeping up the driveway waiting for door to open- then gassing it, it seems to struggle, almost like it is stuck in 2nd gear. It then will downshift into 1st and i get in the garage fine. Is this nature of the beast or a problem?
Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
So I have a 2019 gt with the auto 10spd. On more than 1 occasion i have noticed that pulling into my driveway slowly and almost stopping but not- creeping up the driveway waiting for door to open- then gassing it, it seems to struggle, almost like it is stuck in 2nd gear. It then will downshift into 1st and i get in the garage fine. Is this nature of the beast or a problem?
I think there is a TSB issued for this....I don’t recal the exact details...

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I think I experienced this twice in two parking lots while coasting out slowly on flat surface then trying to tap gas for throttle. stayed in 2nd and RPM went up, then eventually I let off gas to reset shift above 2nd.

Could it be this TSB? I think I will keep an eye on it and see if my car gets codes when doing my regular oil change and multi-point inspection at the dealership.

TSB A10 2nd gear.JPG

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think I experienced this twice in two parking lots while coasting out slowly on flat surface then trying to tap gas for throttle. stayed in 2nd and RPM went up, then eventually I let off gas to reset shift above 2nd.

Could it be this TSB? I think I will keep an eye on it and see if my car gets codes when doing my regular oil change and multi-point inspection at the dealership.

TSB A10 2nd gear.JPG
Yes that could be the problem. It could also be a malfunctioning valve body, which there is also a TSB on that as well.

Check out the Issues/TSB sub-forum on here or search my user ID. I had started a 10R80 thread that contains all of the current SSM/TSB/GSM info available to date.

Whatever the issue is, it will be covered under the 3/36 (or if you purchased an extended) warranty.

The early 2018 S550 10R80 builds seem to be affected more by some of the early shifting/clunkiness issues.

There was also a SSM or TSB regarding the fluid type that shoots be used in the 10R80. I think some of the issue could be related to 10R80’s probably receiving the incorrect trans fluid early on (why else would Ford put out a notification after some issues started cropping up).
Sponsored