Sponsored

Stage 2 ProCharger kit with P-1X (901 rwhp)

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
@Rodsaleen what pulley size was that on?
He has an HO kit.... so he runs off the 6 rib belt.

This P1X car was an STG2 kit, so it runs off the 8 rib belt.

What is considered up in the rpm range? This blower is spinning 64k already. Next pulley down would certainly exceed the 65k limit.

I just look at it as a 250$ investment up front for that much more headroom. But I guess with goals in mind that may make a difference.
I don't think you are following me, but that's my fault, cause its hard to explain.

Really unless a person is going to do a built motor, and E85 all the time only.
Its hard to justify a blower like the D-1X.

For 95% of the customers that go from pump gas (lower boost) to E85 (higher boost)
The P-1X is more then enough blower. (Or the D1SC)

Turning down a large blower to make low boost, isn't really a good idea.
Just like running to big of a turbo isn't a good idea.
Both have the same drawback, of a weak mid-range when used at a slow RPM.

What’s different in the F series to allow increased rpm?
The F-serise have a totally different gear box, that allows them another 10,000 rpm of safety.

freaking nice guys - nice job
All we did was make the boost. :) The rest was a group effort.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
@ProChargerTECH Something interesting I noticed is that the P1SC and P1X use the same gearbox but yet the P1X's max RPM is 65k where the SC is only 62k. This makes me believe they are underrated and they simply saw that the P1X made more power in the upper end so also upped the RPM limit without any other changes. Meaning it could probably be spun a little faster without issue.

As far as overspinning goes I rev my P1X to 68k at 8000 engine rpm on a 3.85" pulley. Not too worried personally about 2-3k over limit for a half a second.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
@ProChargerTECH I want to do the P1x asap!!!
We got you friend.... :)

@ProChargerTECH Something interesting I noticed is that the P1SC and P1X use the same gearbox but yet the P1X's max RPM is 65k where the SC is only 62k. This makes me believe they are underrated and they simply saw that the P1X made more power in the upper end so also upped the RPM limit without any other changes. Meaning it could probably be spun a little faster without issue.

As far as overspinning goes I rev my P1X to 68k at 8000 engine rpm on a 3.85" pulley. Not too worried personally about 2-3k over limit for a half a second.
Yes they are rated a bit different due to a key item...load. ;)
The "x" has less load placed into the gear set. So we are comfortable allowing her a bit more breathing room.

But yes you are correct, all of our high-efficiency designs keep on moving air at high rpms. (P1X, D1X, F1A94, F1X, etc)
Where your older designs really stopped flowing right about at the point we rate the gear box. (P1SC, D1SC, F1A, F1R, F2, etc)

There is a point where they all stop moving air...
This post would get far to long if I went into all the crazy things I have seen people do over the years. LOL.

You are good man, keep rocking on!
Erik

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
@ProChargerTECH Reading this thread slightly makes me regret not sticking with the P1X instead of the D1X on my 18. I have a return fuel system and plan on running e85 90% of the time, the engineers equipped me with a 3.4 but I also have a 3.6- I know its about 1-2psi difference but I may start off with the bigger one first. I'm looking for 800-850 range, hopefully I won't fall victim to the shortcomings you mentioned earlier of "going too big."

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Chase has a Bad ride!

Sponsored
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
@ProChargerTECH Reading this thread slightly makes me regret not sticking with the P1X instead of the D1X on my 18. I have a return fuel system and plan on running e85 90% of the time, the engineers equipped me with a 3.4 but I also have a 3.6- I know its about 1-2psi difference but I may start off with the bigger one first. I'm looking for 800-850 range, hopefully I won't fall victim to the shortcomings you mentioned earlier of "going too big."
You must have a HO system if you have a 3.4" and 3.6"
Running off the shared 6 rib belt... there is another member in here thats doing that, at that power level.

But most run the STG2 kit for anything above 800 wheel.

Since your goals are 800-850, you will be fine.
I was more talking about the guys that try and turn them down to like 600-700.
At that point, the P1X is perfect.

Sadly that link is worthless without all the crank pulley sizes.
And since they can change from year to year (like 15-17, vs 18-19)
Its important to just call us.

10r80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
You must have a HO system if you have a 3.4" and 3.6"
Running off the shared 6 rib belt... there is another member in here thats doing that, at that power level.

But most run the STG2 kit for anything above 800 wheel.

Since your goals are 800-850, you will be fine.
I was more talking about the guys that try and turn them down to like 600-700.
At that point, the P1X is perfect.
Thanks for the quick reply- Yes, I have the HO system with the D1X and Stage 2 IC upgrade. Will the 3.6" get me there or should I stay with the 3.4"

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
@Rodsaleen what pulley size was that on?
I’m pretty sure I’m using a 3.4. I keep going down in pulley sizes so quickly, lol but I’m pretty sure it’s. 3.4.

Hell yeah. 823 whp on 12.5 pounds. That is perfect power imo with corn and just injectors/bap. Cost effective and very potent! How much fuel left on 15 lbs boost on E85?
I don’t know how much is left but Lund says it safe but he also told me if I wanted anymore boost I would have to go to a return style fuel system. I have enough power to do what I want to do I just need to get my trans figured out.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I’m pretty sure I’m using a 3.4. I keep going down in pulley sizes so quickly, lol but I’m pretty sure it’s. 3.4.
Having ran the 3.4 on the 6 rib setup you are close. I think there have been a few that ran a 3.2" but had issues with belt slip. That might not be the case with the 18-19's but it was on the 15-17's.

Rodsaleen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT
Having ran the 3.4 on the 6 rib setup you are close. I think there have been a few that ran a 3.2" but had issues with belt slip. That might not be the case with the 18-19's but it was on the 15-17's.
Well I did have some belt slip because I had made the 823 pull probably 2-3 weeks prior and when I got to the dyno we swapped pulleys and noticed I was down on power and the boost was down. So we swapped back the the original pulley that made 823 and we were down even further on power and boost. So we tried tighten down the belt some more and it still didn’t help. Luckily Jared is a super nice person and he said let’s just go get a smaller belt and see what happens. Well we put the smaller belt on and the results showed 15 psi and 867 hp. Also every time I would swap pulleys I would call Procharger to confirm the belt I had was the correct length. I’m assuming the belt was just worn and stretched because it was the same belt from when the Procharger was originally install. Eric @ProChargerTECH also mentioned a company that helps with belt slip but I can’t remember their name.
Sponsored